Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

My hypothesis:

This project was originally conceived back in 2020 when Madonna landed her 50th #1

In 2021, Warner put together a 50-track tracklist and submitted it to Madonna. She made her own changes (different versions of Everybody & Hollywood, switching out Angel & CAC with more YCD cuts).

Her reviewing/re-listening to remixes with Mike and Honey in early 2022 must have been when she was making her own revisions to the tracklist.

Yes makes total sense - I agree! 

12 minutes ago, chaseturtle said:

Still haven't heard from Rhino about the 6LP shipping.  Future releases will not be purchased through them.

I just sent them a strongly worded email regarding the inability to track my order. They happily took our money back in May and now they need to deliver the goods!

My UK order from Madonna.com is delayed too but I'm actually surprised most of the vinyl formats have been released on time cause pretty much everything's been getting delayed. Aaliyah's re-issues have had several delays (pre-orders last August), George Michael's "Older" re-issue has been delayed twice, DeLaSoul's "3 Feet High and Rising" has now been delayed for almost a year. Not just re-issues, Silk Sonic's new album has been delayed already too.

29 minutes ago, deathproof said:

My hypothesis:

This project was originally conceived back in 2020 when Madonna landed her 50th #1

In 2021, Warner put together a 50-track tracklist and submitted it to Madonna. She made her own changes (different versions of Everybody & Hollywood, switching out Angel & CAC with more YCD cuts).

Her reviewing/re-listening to remixes with Mike and Honey in early 2022 must have been when she was making her own revisions to the tracklist.

I do wish thay the YCD songs were not out of chronological single order.  And.... personally I see no problem with adding the missing songs to make it 52 and still celebrating 50 number one chart entries.  

7 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I do wish thay the YCD songs were not out of chronological single order.  And.... personally I see no problem with adding the missing songs to make it 52 and still celebrating 50 number one chart entries.  

I've been and re-organised my digital copy to correct that lol, and I intend to add Angel and Causing A Commotion back in (I might have to go further and just delete the 50 Number Ones part of the title to reflect that lol)

42 minutes ago, deathproof said:

My hypothesis:

I just can't imagine she listened to all of these remixes more than one time. 

6 minutes ago, Rory said:

The transition from Everybody to Like A Prayer is superb! Dance and sing, get up and do your thing ...ding... God? :kissy:

I LOVE "Everybody" into "Like A Prayer" on the full 50-track version and HATE "Everybody" opening the 16-track version. I know chronology says it should be there as the opener, but this mix edit is simply not a good first track. "Holiday" is much better as that.

The tracklist on the Deluxe flows. I love it.

33 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This post :) :

I'm guessing that the Hollywood version that she had replaced was Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duck Mix Edit. This would have been a better choice than the Calderone & Quayle version that we ended up with I think. The edit was only available on promos and the mix is more well known to fans because of the tour version. I wonder why she objected?? It's not as if Victor Calderone isn't represented elsewhere on the compilation....Does she like Mac Quayle that much that she wanted him featured over Stuart?  :thinker:

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

My UK order from Madonna.com is delayed too but I'm actually surprised most of the vinyl formats have been released on time cause pretty much everything's been getting delayed. Aaliyah's re-issues have had several delays (pre-orders last August), George Michael's "Older" re-issue has been delayed twice, DeLaSoul's "3 Feet High and Rising" has now been delayed for almost a year. Not just re-issues, Silk Sonic's new album has been delayed already too.

I didn’t even get an email… 🥲

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

My hypothesis:

Angel is not the number one though, it’s the A side of ITG that secured the number one spot for the entire release. Probably because of this confusing situation it was originally included. And for YCD they used ITG since it’s the biggest hit on it and kind of the title track. 
And later on they realized the mistake of Angel/ITG and made those revisions. 
I still think it’s a real shame Causing A Commotion is missing

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic