Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

5 hours ago, Karma said:

Slightly off-topic but I'm also intrigued by that compilation! Seems very comprehensive, I wouldn't mind a Madonna version.

819mJm+OXbL._SL1413_.jpg91oJl3ioXNL._SL1500_.jpg

I have the one with Cyndi Lauper, and it's great. Several videos that hasn't been released on DVD before.
The only BIG miss is that there are too few singles versions. Exspecially the single remix of Boy Blue is missed.

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Madonna’s "Finally Enough Love" is expected to debut at #8 on the Billboard 200 chart with 30,944 units sold in its first week (via @HITSDD).
#1 in Pure Sales.

Yeah, but how many did she sell MINUS what @ScottyX bought. That’s a more realistic sales number. 
:Madonna006:

33 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I went to a popular CD store in Japan on release day and it wasn't even for sale

Wow. I was worried when I went to Barnes and Noble here in the US. They had it on a display case which I figured they wouldn’t so I was searching under her name in the cd and vinyl sections hahaha. 

Updated chart positions:

#1 Australia

#1 Netherlands

#2 Germany

#2 France

#2 Italy

#2 Ireland

#2 Scotland

#3 UK

#22 Japan*

#37 Sweden

#39 New Zealand

Number Ones so far: 2

Top 10s so far: 8

*Apparently she's #22 and not #40 as previously stated, with three-day physical sales of 2.160 copies in Japan, so maybe it can even go higher next week, we'll see. Source: https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2022-08-29/p/3/

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Just out of interest were the streams of the 16 track version accumulated and then added on 50 track release day? Surely that can’t be a thing? 

No. Only streams of the 16-track and the 50-track versions from Friday 19 to Thursday 25 were counted for the chart position this week - plus physical sales, of course.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

According to Music Week, "FEL" sold 14.132 copies in the UK during the first week:

01 24,123 Steps - Platinum Collection
02 15,678 Aitch - Close to Home
03 14,132 Madonna - Finally Enough Love

It's a pity cause #2 and #3 were close.

I guess those boxsets that they never sent out could have made a big difference. Do they count as one sale or multiple?

And how about her US chart position?

Just now, thegoldencalf said:

I guess those boxsets that they never sent out could have made a big difference. Do they count as one sale or multiple?

According to the official UK chart rules, I think the box set (3CD and 6LP vinyl) counts as one sale in the UK:

https://www.officialcharts.com/media/661001/official-uk-album-chart-rules-jan-2022.pdf

Multiple format albums or Box Sets featuring different formats of the same album (including physical formats packaged with a code or alternative mechanic offering a digital copy of album) are eligible to be combined with standard version of the same album. Multi format albums or Box Sets constitute a single transaction.

But even if each of them counts just as one sale, I'm sure they would have helped, yeah.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic