I really want the first remastered madonna album released to be hard candy

medonner

3 hours ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Yeah lets remaster Madonna's worst album which is in the least need of a remaster. Who needs LAP when we have the absolute glory of Candy Shop?

The sugar isn't as raw as it was 14 years ago, the Turkish Delights are past their expiration dates. It's all sticky, no sweet.  It needs some "sweetening"."

Hard Candy is by far her worst album. There would be no point in remastering it. Don't get me wrong, to each their own, but it's just not my cup of tea. It's got some good stuff on it: Give It 2 Me, Miles Away, She's Not Me, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, but leave the Urban-Pop sound to the its feeble-minded master: Kanye. 

So, in a word, no, Hard Candy shouldn't be remastered. She's got a whole collection of albums so much more deserving.

Edited by DrunkBySix
Corrections. (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, DrunkBySix said:

Hard Candy is by far her worst album. There would be no point in remastering it. Don't get me wrong, to each their own, but it's just not my cup of tea. It's got some good stuff on it: Give It 2 Me, Miles Away, She's Not Me, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, but leave the Urban-Pop sound to the its feeble-minded master: Kanye. 

So, in a word, no, Hard Candy shouldn't be remastered. She's got a whole collection of albums so much more deserving.

name one album by artists better than hard candy? just one?

see, you can't

7 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I  was going to say Hard Candy as well, but I wouldn't want to be made to feel like shit by anyone.

Each to their own - we can’t help liking the Madonna stuff we like mate that’s why she has such a broad fan base and I would never personally insult someone for their taste ? as long as you don’t like bitch I’m Madonna song ( I draw the line there ) ?

I mean, in order to judge an album, I think you should listen the albums came out around it and see how it measures. I love The Fame but it as an album is not the most cohesive and popping album. Especially towards the end. Which I think is because the early material was thrown in to fill up the rest of the space after Lady Gaga had stronger tracks done. Hard Candy is not as bad a ride as everyone takes it. It’s like a piece of hard candy. You’ve got to let swirl around your mouth for a bit. I’ll say, the only song I consistently skip while playing HC in the car is probably Heartbeat and Incredible and Voices. And Timbaland is suddenly active right now with JT, would be good promo for both parties probably.

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

I mean, in order to judge an album, I think you should listen the albums came out around it and see how it measures. I love The Fame but it as an album is not the most cohesive and popping album. Especially towards the end. Which I think is because the early material was thrown in to fill up the rest of the space after Lady Gaga had stronger tracks done. Hard Candy is not as bad a ride as everyone takes it. It’s like a piece of hard candy. You’ve got to let swirl around your mouth for a bit. I’ll say, the only song I consistently skip while playing HC in the car is probably Heartbeat and Incredible and Voices. And Timbaland is suddenly active right now with JT, would be good promo for both parties probably.

lady gaga is not my thing.

hc to me is the album she said confessions was. no messages to dance to. it is a disco american rnb record (it's her debut album and virgin but modern). confessions is a disco european club record.

it's not as good as JT fsls 

i don't think it's any worse than any pop record at the time. it's a good album to me 

the production is great to me. a few duds of course

Hard candy is a nice pop album and at 50 she was having top 10s and best scoring solo tour ever. COAF had more magic as an era but I don´t think Confessions as a whole album is so much better than Hard Candy, to be realistic. I even don´t think ROL it so perfect nowadways. even if I was amazed when it came really. But it´s true you have to judge a record for what it supposed at its time. To add more controversy, I really like MDNA and like Rebel Heart LOL. The thing is that Hard candy and others are constantly brutalised by fans, had them sold millions millions, their view would be very alike.

Edited by Drownedboy (see edit history)

Just now, Drownedboy said:

Hard candy is a nice pop album and at 50 she was having top 10s and best scoring solo tour ever. COAF had more magic as as era but I don´t think Confessions as a whole album is so much better than Hard Candy, to be realistic. I even don´t think ROL it so perfect nowadways. even I was amazed when it came really. But it´s true you have to judge a record for what it supposed at its time. To add more controversy, I really like MDNA and like Rebel Heart LOL. The thing is that Hard candy and others are constantly brutalised by fans, had them sold millions millions, their view would be very alike.

ray of light is great

overrated to the point of making people deluded about it though

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Each to their own - we can’t help liking the Madonna stuff we like mate that’s why she has such a broad fan base and I would never personally insult someone for their taste ? as long as you don’t like bitch I’m Madonna song ( I draw the line there ) ?

I poured a beer into my shoe and got my freak on….. 

BIM is her best song ever.  Anyways bring on the hard candy reissue I’m so down.  Would want the vinyl to be the black cover tho like the special edition one that was released 

It won't happen but would love a re-boot of the MDNA album with better engineering so her voice is not pitched up and shrill sounding and better/different production on the Benny Benassi and Martin Solveig tracks.  Would love a re-work of Rebel Heart with the track listing cut down to the strongest 10 tracks and mainly the demos re-mastered into polished final tracks 

She is not interested in giving the fans the music and projects they want and more interested in just either putting out what she likes or something that is might appeal to the general public outside her fanbase and boost interest in advance of the biopic so it is a hit at the box office

So think that means no Confessions, Blond Ambition, Re-Invention Blu-Ray etc lol 

11 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

It won't happen but would love a re-boot of the MDNA album with better engineering so her voice is not pitched up and shrill sounding and better/different production on the Benny Benassi and Martin Solveig tracks.  Would love a re-work of Rebel Heart with the track listing cut down to the strongest 10 tracks and mainly the demos re-mastered into polished final tracks 

She is not interested in giving the fans the music and projects they want and more interested in just either putting out what she likes or something that is might appeal to the general public outside her fanbase and boost interest in advance of the biopic so it is a hit at the box office

So think that means no Confessions, Blond Ambition, Re-Invention Blu-Ray etc lol 

she should have released a something to remember 2, instead of remixed and rehashed

I wouldn't mind a remaster of Hard Candy, as long as they fix the production on tracks like Voices where the distortion is a little too much. As much as I would love there to be remastered unreleased songs, unheard demos/tracks and new remixes, I'm not going to get my hopes up for it. At this point, we have no idea what these re-releases are going to look like so I'll wait for the first one to be released before I get my hopes up at all.

Swap out Incredible and Spanish Lesson for Across the Sky and Madness of Love and it's an insanely better album that accurately captures the midlife crisis of a 50 year old pop icon going through divorce and an identity crisis. It's very much like Ray of Light where both of their titles are a dichotomy to the lyrical content. Ray of Light being dark while Hard Candy is quite lonely and bitter.