I really want the first remastered madonna album released to be hard candy

medonner

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Swap out Incredible and Spanish Lesson for Across the Sky and Madness of Love and it's an insanely better album that accurately captures the midlife crisis of a 50 year old pop icon going through divorce and an identity crisis. It's very much like Ray of Light where both of their titles are a dichotomy to the lyrical content. Ray of Light being dark while Hard Candy is quite lonely and bitter.

i agree - maybe swap animal for heatbeat too

5 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Animal has so much potential! Just needs a middle 8 and slightly new mix to replace the recycled Maneater beat. 

Across The Sky and Madness Of Love/Pala Tute are pretty much perfect, can't believe they were left off

she has so many great demos - i love the majority of them 

7 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

i agree - maybe swap animal for heatbeat too

I want expanded not swapped songs.  The omissions on Like a Prayer 30 were unforgivable.  Like A Prayer (dedicated to her mother who taught her to pray) without the song about her mother or the prayer?  That was insane.  

Heartbeat is one of my favorite songs on Hard Candy.  And Spanish Lesson was amazing live.  I want expansions to explore the history, not rewrite it.

28 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I want expanded not swapped songs.  The omissions on Like a Prayer 30 were unforgivable.  Like A Prayer (dedicated to her mother who taught her to pray) without the song about her mother or the prayer?  That was insane.  

Heartbeat is one of my favorite songs on Hard Candy.  And Spanish Lesson was amazing live.  I want expansions to explore the history, not rewrite it.

I think they learnt their lesson as they did a better job with True Blue.

7 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I hope that “crimes against humanity” edition gets deleted off streaming as soon as we get the deluxe!