Is this item Legit?: MADONNA Test Sequence 9/21/2001 #2 : US IN-HOUSE REFERENCE PROMO CD

Drum Dub

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Makes zero sense to have Fever on the tracklist over other songs like Rain, This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember, Nothing Really Matters, American Pie, etc.... 

she seems to love it. From lipping it at the Super Bowl conference, to doing bits of it on tours. Plus didn’t she sing it or include it in some Instagram vids over the past few years?

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

she seems to love it. From lipping it at the Super Bowl conference, to doing bits of it on tours. Plus didn’t she sing it or include it in some Instagram vids over the past few years?

She also mentioned how much she loved it during the GHV2 interview when it was brought up.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

How many tracklisting variations did this comp have?

https://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2013/ghv20-2/

Lol i have to laugh at them suggesting the inclusion of You'll See might've helped it reach #1 and that the final version is more chronologically organized. It either is or it isnt and neither are! 

2 hours ago, Craigypants said:

I just would like to know why its says its a clone? Isn't a clone a Copy??‍♂️?

Almost every CDR of the 00s says "Digital clone", it's just a CD copy of some master they are putting together. There are tons of them on eBay at the moment. I believe this one is totally legit too :thumbsup:

On 1/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, musicinferno said:

Makes zero sense to have Fever on the tracklist over other songs like Rain, This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember, Nothing Really Matters, American Pie, etc.... 

Except M likes Fever and dislikes American Pie so it's entirely possible it could have been considered 

I always think the only acceptable version of GHV2 would have really included the stuff Something To Remember didn't. Yes even Take A Bow

1. Music
  2. Erotica (edit)
  3. Human Nature (Video edit)
  4. Deeper & Deeper (edit)
  5. Fever (Edit One)
  6. Bedtime Story (Juniors single remix)
  7. Frozen (edit)
  8. Don't Cry For Me Argentina 
  9. Secret (edit)
  10. Don't Tell Me (Album version)
  11. Drowned World
  12. Ray Of Light (edit)
  13. Nothing Really Matters (radio edit)
  14. Bad Girl (edit)
  15. What It Feels Like For A Girl (edit with spoken intro)
  16. The Power Of Goodbye
  17. Beautiful Stranger (Orbit edit)
  18. American Pie

I'd have been so happy with this. The actual compilation left me so blueballed. I'd even have taken the album edits of Fever / Bedtime. I sort of like that this compilation was less remix based like The Immaculate collection in hindsight but I think at the time I was a bit miffed at the slightly boring straight up edits and album versions. 

There's also a good few tracks (Human Nature / Secret / WIFLFAG / Don't Tell Me / Bad Girl that really could have done with some exclusive shortened edits specifically for the album as those songs do suffer from that 90's padding that her 80's singles kept quite concise. Repeated outro choruses / extended instrumental bridges and intros / outros etc. 

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

I always think the only acceptable version of GHV2 would have really included the stuff Something To Remember didn't. Yes even Take A Bow

1. Music
  2. Erotica (edit)
  3. Human Nature (Video edit)
  4. Deeper & Deeper (edit)
  5. Fever (Edit One)
  6. Bedtime Story (Juniors single remix)
  7. Frozen (edit)
  8. Don't Cry For Me Argentina 
  9. Secret (edit)
  10. Don't Tell Me (Album version)
  11. Drowned World
  12. Ray Of Light (edit)
  13. Nothing Really Matters (radio edit)
  14. Bad Girl (edit)
  15. What It Feels Like For A Girl (edit with spoken intro)
  16. The Power Of Goodbye
  17. Beautiful Stranger (Orbit edit)
  18. American Pie

I'd have been so happy with this. The actual compilation left me so blueballed. I'd even have taken the album edits of Fever / Bedtime. I sort of like that this compilation was less remix based like The Immaculate collection in hindsight but I think at the time I was a bit miffed at the slightly boring straight up edits and album versions. 

There's also a good few tracks (Human Nature / Secret / WIFLFAG / Don't Tell Me / Bad Girl that really could have done with some exclusive shortened edits specifically for the album as those songs do suffer from that 90's padding that her 80's singles kept quite concise. Repeated outro choruses / extended instrumental bridges and intros / outros etc. 

Ehhh she should've let stuart do when shep did. Stuart did a great job on the tours he worked on and it would've been interesting to have him spruce up the tracks.

11 hours ago, wyrweo said:

I remember that Deeper and Deeper was originally listed as a Remix on the early Track list too.

I remember reading a review that included the Radio Edit of Human Nature which was the Danny Tenaglia remix edit as they mentioned it was “dated” and shouldn’t have been included

On 1/26/2022 at 11:29 PM, PanditaRulez said:

Wow. That tracklisting is so different from the released promotional CD

https://www.discogs.com/release/761881-Madonna-GHV2-Remixed-The-Best-Of-1991-2001