Blue Jean

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

We need a title that stands out. Something that people will see the poster or title on a sign and automatically know it's a Madonna biopic. What It Feels Like For A Girl and Nobody Knows Me will not draw any interest. 

It only makes sense naming it after big hits such as Material Girl, LAV, Live To Tell, Who's That Girl, LAP, Vogue, Ray of Light, and of course Blond Ambition. 

@musicinferno Madame X and Everybody Burning Up to get Into the Groove on Holiday at La Isla Bonita while Expressing Yourself with Blond Ambition being Like a Virgin telling a Secret watching Erotica going Deeper & Deeper on phone then Hanging Up to listen to Music. Now That's a catchy title that highlights her hits!

Erm, love how my offhand joke turned into a page-long discussion of fans needing to be cheerleaders at every point. Anyone thinking a film about Madonna co-written and directed by Madonna won't get smashed by critics is delusional. That's why they need to work extra hard to make it impenetrable and as good as possible. No self-aggrandizement, no sainthood, no pity, just humour, attitude, realness. It's really hard to get right even when the main subject isn't involved. The critics are shit, we all know that, but Madonna's cinematic tastebuds aren't really flawless when she's making her own dish, to put it mildly. Byeeeee

2 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Erm, love how my offhand joke turned into a page-long discussion of fans needing to be cheerleaders at every point. Anyone thinking a film about Madonna co-written and directed by Madonna won't get smashed by critics is delusional. That's why they need to work extra hard to make it impenetrable and as good as possible. No self-agrandizment, no sainthood, no pity, just humour, attitude, realness. It's really hard to get right even when the main subject isn't involved. The critics are shit, we all know that, but Madonna's cinematic tastebuds aren't really flawless when she's making her own dish, to put it mildly. Byeeeee

Watch Salo, she said she likes to make people watch it lol

For what it seems she wants to do, and cover, I cannot see how a movie will even remotely be able to account for what she wants to share. If it's a movie, it'll be missing way too much, seem forced on certain limiting points and feel rushed.

I don't want her to do it and think, "oh, but there's so much more I wanted to show but I couldn't due to time". 

I say just make it a series. That way the pacing, events and story the way she wants to make it can be a reality. She can categorize it and pace it out to how she wishes. 

I personally get more invested with stories and characters in time throughout a series than in ever do in a movie to be honest.  Plus, the majority of celebrity life stories I've seen are movies. She likes to be different and thorough - so I say why not do a series?

I mean, the average person who doesn't care for her wouldn't watch a movie or series about her anyways, so if I were her, I'd do it the way I felt it deserved to be seen and appreciated.

This seems to be more about telling her story through her eyes, her lived experience and not so much about sales or credit.

They'll probably make a movie about her once she dies eventually, so why not have her do a more thorough version of her story where she can really explore and get all the events she really wants to reveal out there for the world to see. 

16 minutes ago, jtrover said:

For what it seems she wants to do, and cover, I cannot see how a movie will even remotely be able to account for what she wants to share. If it's a movie, it'll be missing way too much, seem forced on certain limiting points and feel rushed.

I don't want her to do it and think, "oh, but there's so much more I wanted to show but I couldn't due to time". 

I say just make it a series. That way the pacing, events and story the way she wants to make it can be a reality. She can categorize it and pace it out to how she wishes. 

I personally get more invested with stories and characters in time throughout a series than in ever do in a movie to be honest.  Plus, the majority of celebrity life stories I've seen are movies. She likes to be different and thorough - so I say why not do a series?

I mean, the average person who doesn't care for her wouldn't watch a movie or series about her anyways, so if I were her, I'd do it the way I felt it deserved to be seen and appreciated.

This seems to be more about telling her story through her eyes, her lived experience and not so much about sales or credit.

They'll probably make a movie about her once she dies eventually, so why not have her do a more thorough version of her story where she can really explore and get all the events she really wants to reveal out there for the world to see. 

I think it is that movies have more artistic merit. And no, I don’t agree her main priority is to tell her story.

There are two other priorities that you have  overlooked. 1) she/her team want to reinvigorate interest in her legacy. This is obvious by the fact they are also working on re-releases with Rhino/Warner.

And 2) Madonna wants to establish herself as a successful film director. We can only speculate but it seems likely the other films she wanted to make couldn’t get off the ground because she didn’t have enough clout as a director. So this is likely a big part of why she decided to do this movie. On top of that the fact that other people were making them or trying to make them and she didn’t like that.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I think both she and Diablo were terrified of being live on camera more than Madonna herself. Imagine going out live to thousands of thirsty Madonna fans.

I fear this could be the attitude of all people working with her. On and off camera.

She needs someone who says no, who is not afraid to have a different opinion.

19 hours ago, Enrico said:

I fear this could be the attitude of all people working with her. On and off camera.

She needs someone who says no, who is not afraid to have a different opinion.

Erin seems a bit tougher than Diablo, who just looked uncomfortable and embarrased all the time, Erin seems to realise what she is working with and seems to give M a bit of shit every now and again, which is what she definitley needs. Too many sychophants have given birth to the Madonna that has to go around constantly refering to herself as The Queen. What's with all the slamming things about on tables? She reminds me of my 4 year old niece at times. :Madonna031:

1 hour ago, rlittler81 said:

Erin seems a bit tougher than Diablo, who just looked uncomfortable and embarrased all the time, Erin seems to realise what she is working with and seems to give M a bit of shit every now and again, which is what she definitley needs. Too many sychophants have given birth to the Madonna that has to go around constantly refering to herself as The Queen. What's with all the slamming things about on tables? She reminds me of my 4 year old niece at times.

boring ..madonna constantly goes around refering to herself as the queen ? she does ..and calm the hell down shes hardly slamming things down on tables ..omfg 

another thread another opportunity to slam madonna ..boring 
the difference is clear ...diablo did not like being on camera while erin enjoys it 

1 hour ago, rlittler81 said:

Erin seems a bit tougher than Diablo, who just looked uncomfortable and embarrased all the time, Erin seems to realise what she is working with and seems to give M a bit of shit every now and again, which is what she definitley needs. Too many sychophants have given birth to the Madonna that has to go around constantly refering to herself as The Queen. What's with all the slamming things about on tables? She reminds me of my 4 year old niece at times.

Yes, that’s what I was trying to say. Erin being a little older seems a bit more confident in herself. Writers tend to be uncomfortable speaking though and being on camera. That’s why they go into writing because they are better at expressing themselves through the written word than speaking on camera. Doesn’t mean she doesn’t get along with Madonna. 

3 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Yes, that’s what I was trying to say. Erin being a little older seems a bit more confident in herself. Writers tend to be uncomfortable speaking though and being on camera. That’s why they go into writing because they are better at expressing themselves through the written word than speaking on camera. Doesn’t mean she doesn’t get along with Madonna. 

madonna likes to have fun while working ..erin is up to that ..diablo was a bit shy - i dont think it had anthing to do with madonna herself it was more the cameras being in her face sometimes but of course some people on this forum will make it out to be because madonna is the wicked witch who always calls herself the queen and slams things down everywhere ..omg 

13 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Oh, what a film! You should see it too. <3 The sh*t-eating scene is particularly relevant.

I have seen it. I think one of the italian prostitutes resembles M and even pulls out a hat and dances very similar to her in Give it 2 Me! I dare even say its the same hat. Lol

7 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

boring ..madonna constantly goes around refering to herself as the queen ? she does ..and calm the hell down shes hardly slamming things down on tables ..omfg 

another thread another opportunity to slam madonna ..boring 
the difference is clear ...diablo did not like being on camera while erin enjoys it 

Calm down, dear. :Madonna032:

On 1/27/2022 at 1:51 AM, Blue Jean said:

I think it is that movies have more artistic merit. And no, I don’t agree her main priority is to tell her story.

There are two other priorities that you have  overlooked. 1) she/her team want to reinvigorate interest in her legacy. This is obvious by the fact they are also working on re-releases with Rhino/Warner.

And 2) Madonna wants to establish herself as a successful film director. We can only speculate but it seems likely the other films she wanted to make couldn’t get off the ground because she didn’t have enough clout as a director. So this is likely a big part of why she decided to do this movie. On top of that the fact that other people were making them or trying to make them and she didn’t like that.

I was only going by strictly what she has said before. I have heard her say numerous time now that she needs to tell her story or somebody else will, and (obviously) she doesn't want that to happen. I think when she first read that Blonde Ambition screenplay a few years back, it triggered her and set the wheels in motion. 

It just seems that's more important to her than re-establishing her legacy, which she has never really showed any interest in until somewhat recently. And I can certainly believe she wants more recognition as a director, I just really think telling her story from her own point of view takes priority because she has said it numerous time now. Whether what's true or not I don't know, I can only go by what she has said. 

All the people in here pretending they are mind readers? most of what everyone is saying is just useless speculation at this point, we still hardly know nothing about this biopic so far and it seems its going to be a fucking longtime before it comes out. This biopic is most likely going to be a critical failure. The best I can see coming from this vanity project is a renewal of interest in Madonna by some younger people. A lot of fans are going to hate it I bet because there is not enough time in one movie to tell parts of her story that are important and if they try to cram everything in, that will be a recipe for disaster.  

On 1/27/2022 at 4:36 AM, Danton said:

The only way to tell her story is either to write an autobiography or to use archive footage from her career and make it into a documentary where she would be the narrator. Why return images that exist and are incomparable?

This is the 1-2 punch I would die for. No one will ever play Madonna the way Madonna played Madonna.