Liz Gilles (Dynasty reboot) is front runner to star in Madonna biopic? Thoughts?

chle70

18 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

i wouldnt mind either of the two playing her tbh ..i really do not want madonnas vocals to be used in the film - did they do that for elton john or queen biopics ? 

In Bohemian Rhapsody they used a mix of the actor, Freddie and a third person’s vocals. 
In Rocketman  Teron Egerton recorded all the music himself. 

Such a hard choice it must be. I guess M will hardly pick someone who's a much prettier version of her young self. So it has to be about sass and star power. I don't even like that biopics and viewers care so much about physical resemblance. Don't hate me, but Bohemian Rhapsody is a nightmare to me...

Check I'm Not There by Todd Haynes, see how he recreated Bob Dylan's real life moments. I'd buy such a clever gimmick to represent her, but this movie's trick can't be done twice, so she has to come up with something else.

6 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't see Madonna in Florence Pugh at all... maybe a bit of Debbie Harry

Right? Fans keep saying that and I'm like how? Lol the only thing great about her is that she is a good actress and is Oscar nominated. I also don't see a fire to play Madonna. She doesnt NEED to play her the way Madonna NEEDED to play Evita. Maybe that's why I'm so partial towards Anne. Anne is DYING to play her.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, PlayPause said:

Such a hard choice it must be. I guess M will hardly pick someone who's a much prettier version of her young self. So it has to be about sass and star power. I don't even like that biopics and viewers care so much about physical resemblance. Don't hate me, but Bohemian Rhapsody is a nightmare to me...

Check I'm Not There by Todd Haynes, see how he recreated Bob Dylan's real life moments. I'd buy such a clever gimmick to represent her, but this movie's trick can't be done twice, so she has to come up with something else.

the image is so important to madonna though , she has been all about image ..it needs to be perfect 

9 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

the image is so important to madonna though , she has been all about image ..it needs to be perfect 

She has been about upgrading herself and her style, so a change of actresses during the course of the movie could work.

7 hours ago, androiduser said:

singing vocals can be dubbed

I hope the movie will feature original M vocals in the musical sequences (and that we will get alternate takes or unreleased acappellas) ?

Makes me think that she could also chose 2 different profiles, one for the private life moments played by a really good actress who doesn't need to look a lot like her but has her voice and her laugh, another for the performances and her public persona who would probably need to have that Vogue skin and fairness, here comes casting a dancer (woman, cis man, transgender, name it) who will nail her every iconic choreography and stage presence !

Just imagining things. We don't know the direction she plans, the script in itself could be anything. M has always had a taste for technology, and she owns a lot of her own video archives (like Prince for example) so with nowadays CGI, some deep fake work could also be part of the trick. 

I just hope it's not linear from her mama's death to the never-ending happiness of an overprivileged white woman who tamed her inner Karen. I want something exciting, new and experimental.