Niki Harris

into the erotico

I recommend that anyone who is curious about Niki and Donna, that they watch this hour long concert. The video and sound quality are good and Madonna fans are representing. Niki is a vocal POWERHOUSE and Donna is a hippie flower child still searching the meaning of life. I never realized how much Donna sounds like Cyndi Lauper. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RN2spSa0xA&t=2307s

She's made some appearances on different podcasts in the last few years that I really enjoyed. She has worked with so many greats and had a long, very interesting career. Finding out her foot was ripped off and reattached BEFORE she did the Drowned World Tour with those squats during "Music" every night...a legend. I really appreciate her honesty. She loves and supports M without sugar coating or being an ass kisser. Refreshing....

It’s always interesting to hear what they have to say about Madonna. You can tell that in some instances they sound as if they’re going to slag on her,  but if you think about it, Madonna is just a normal person to them, and their friend/boss. We all have shit to say about our friends/bosses. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 12:24 AM, As Soon As I said:

I never realized how much Donna sounds like Cyndi Lauper. 

On Rain she really does sound like Cindy.

But I always though her biggest asset was sounding like Madonna or impersonating her voice on tours... There is a scene in the rehearsal of Confessions Tour and it sounds like Madonna singing I Feel Love but then the camera cuts to Donna, and it's actually her voice. I think she was hired to blend with M's vocals. The difference in M's vocals live without Donna singing backup is huge.

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

But I always though her biggest asset was sounding like Madonna or impersonating her voice on tours... There is a scene in the rehearsal of Confessions Tour and it sounds like Madonna singing I Feel Love but then the camera cuts to Donna, and it's actually her voice. I think she was hired to blend with M's vocals. The difference in M's vocals live without Donna singing backup is huge.

Yess. It said that Donna is Mirroring M voice on her tours

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

2 hours ago, Ari Interactive said:

Yess. It said that Donna is Mirroring M voice on her tours

Donna tells the story that Pat Leonard brought her in to audition for M.

Pat asked the 2 of them to sing together. M had her back to Donna. They started to sing and M goes "Why aren't you singing?!". Pat replies, "She is." The rest is history. Love that story. And Niki walking into her audition and asking to go first cuz she had another gig. Totally unbothered lol

On 3/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, androiduser said:

Wasn't Niki's baby only one year old when Re-Invention started and she couldn't join Madonna?

That’s why she declined to do the tour.

Then again, she also let loose on the UK TV special Madonna’s Men in early 2004.

And in a later interview with the Toronto magazine Fab, she replied “is that possible?!” When asked what her favorite Madonna movie was. And mentioned that she would only tour with M again with “it’s reinvention not regurgitation.”