The rappers in the music of Madonna.

chaosmen1984mk

Thank God songs like Music or Like a Virgin did not have the participation of a rapper otherwise I do not know if I would have liked them as much as I do. And it is that rap is a genre that I don't like at all, in fact I don't follow or know most of them if it weren't for Madonna including them in her songs. Candy Shop, Future, The beat goes on, are just some examples of songs that I wish there were versions where their participation was omitted.

I don't know if she likes that genre or if she does it to get the long-awaited number one on the charts but there are millions of fans who don't like feeling forced to listen to these "artists". Something that started with Candy Shop and continues to this day.

Just now, beautifulkiller said:

i take it you did not hear "did you do it " or "bedtime stories " then - she does it because she likes that music 

If you deduce that she likes that music because in Bedtime Stories there was a song with a rapper, then why did she wait fourteen years to include rappers in her songs again? Has no sense. She could have done it before.

23 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

If you deduce that she likes that music because in Bedtime Stories there was a song with a rapper, then why did she wait fourteen years to include rappers in her songs again? Has no sense. She could have done it before.

Cuz the type of music she did, didn't need a rap part. No one would put a rap at songs like Mer Girl back then. Even tho i would prefer a better rap verse than hers in American Life.

I think that her work with rappers was completely artistic and legit until 2003 ish. It’s pretty obvious for Hardcore Madonna fans to notice. As Soon As she started working with Missy Elliot, Nicki M., Lil Wayne, etc. it’s become, ummmmm, idk, can we say, reductive? 

But seriously, there is that tinge of wanting a younger audience and it’s been pretty noticeable. I love rap, especially 80’s and 90’s rap but it’s not coming off as sincere for Madonna and she does have a history of being misunderstood. 

Her collab with Swalee seemed to fit perfect though. 

12 minutes ago, As Soon As I said:

I think that her work with rappers was completely artistic and legit until 2003 ish. It’s pretty obvious for Hardcore Madonna fans to notice. As Soon As she started working with Missy Elliot, Nicki M., Lil Wayne, etc. it’s become, ummmmm, idk, can we say, reductive? 

But seriously, there is that tinge of wanting a younger audience and it’s been pretty noticeable. I love rap, especially 80’s and 90’s rap but it’s not coming off as sincere for Madonna and she does have a history of being misunderstood. 

Her collab with Swalee seemed to fit perfect though. 

i generally feel she likes this music though , her kids do too and i feel they inspire her too ..erm i dont think its reductive lol .i think its disgusting for her fans to presume she is making a rap record just because she is in the studio with a black artist ..this must really piss her off .no wonder she hates us lol - i do think she wants to reach a younger audience so maybe they will listen to her work and even like it but i dont think she works with these artists you mention to reach this audience , maybe its a record company thing ..i am still unsure why she worked with anitta lol .so random and im certain it was not because she believed she was great - it was a record company request i think 

Well. I don’t think it’s “disgusting” to question Madonna’s motives because what she’s presenting to the public and her fans is a carefully thought out imagine and she has often put out things that don’t represent who she is, such as the SEX book to Nicki Finn. I don’t think we started seeing her deal with her in this way until 2003. 

I also do believe, like you, that she likes rap music, and that maybe she’s does it for her kids because she is so close to them.

Her swallee collab sounded very natural to me. The Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne collabs have not sounded so natural. Madonna also does certain things because people don’t like her doing them and it pisses them off, and for that reason only. When Madona does that, it’s pretentious. She’s a pop star and pop stars are pretentious. 

I love Madonna so much more when I stopped believing she was God. 

Edited by As Soon As I
spelling (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, As Soon As I said:

Well. I don’t think it’s “disgusting” to question Madonna’s motives because what she’s presenting to the public and her fans is a carefully thought out imagine and she has often put out things that don’t represent who she is, such as the SEX book to Nicki Finn. I don’t think we started seeing her deal with her in this way until 2003. 

I also do believe, like you, that she likes rap music, and that maybe she’s does it for her kids because she is so close to them.

Her swallee collab sounded very natural to me. The Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne collabs have not sounded so natural. Madonna also does certain things because people don’t like her doing them and it pisses them off, and for that reason only. When Madona does that, it’s pretentious. She’s a pop star and pop stars are pretentious. 

I love Madonna so much more when I stopped believing she was God. 

shes a performance artist ..pop star is so cheap 

i didnt say it was disgusting to question her motives i just feel that when her fans jump to a conclusion that she is making a rap record when in the studio with a black song writer etc etc ..that is just low as fuck ..she is not a performing monkey for her fans and as soon as her fans stop believing she is it will be better for them ..they can like it or not - quit listening to her who cares - she will do what she likes as a artist not what her fans expect - i dont feel there was anything wrong with minaj work with madonna but if you dont like minaj then i guess you wont like it ...lil wayne ? didnt he like produce revolver or something so he may have requested to be on the song - do you think she works with rap artists because you feel some of her fans dont like it so she wants to piss them off ? i personally feel she is making a statement with everything she does and its " i will do what i want as a artist " .

Madonna has done rap lyrics and spoken word since Sidewalk Talk to Rescue Me, Justify My Love, Vogue, Erotica album, etc. Featuring artists that bring a poetic verse to a song often adding humorous limericks and a light hearted break/solo to the main attraction--fuses several musical concepts together. Just skip or edit it out if you don't like them. We all love to hear fan edits! I do prefer the solo demo of Give Me All Your Luvin' over the album version. I guess it depends on the song.

5 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

i take it you did not hear "did you do it " from erotica or "bedtime stories " then - she does it because she likes that music - she does not do it to snatch a number one single - she works with black rap artists because they inspire her or have inspired her ..

She does it because it sells in America. 

2 hours ago, Rory said:

Madonna has done rap lyrics and spoken word since Sidewalk Talk to Rescue Me, Justify My Love, Vogue, Erotica album, etc. Featuring artists that bring a poetic verse to a song often adding humorous limericks and a light hearted break/solo to the main attraction--fuses several musical concepts together. Just skip or edit it out if you don't like them. We all love to hear fan edits! I do prefer the solo demo of Give Me All Your Luvin' over the album version. I guess it depends on the song.

In the songs you mention I would say that it was Spoken Word and not Rap that she did, and it is that rap is characterized by using invented words, slang and giving more importance to the rhythm than to the message. The only time Madonna dared to rap was on American Life and surely she was not happy with the result she never did it again which made me happy until I saw that she began to get together with rappers supposedly to produce her albums but they ended up participating in the songs.

And well, just for her I have to sacrifice myself to listen to these "talents" like Nicky Minaj or Quavo. And Maluma who is also almost the same.

She always like hip hop artist and work with or support them along her career.

Beastie boys were her opening act for the Virgin Tour. And there are hip hop rappers featuring here and there in different places along her discography. In the same pattern she does ballads or 20s jazz.

She also work with black artists during her whole career but not all of them were hip hop artist.

I think there's a tendency to bag both in the same place. If Madonna raps is spoken word if Pharrell sings is rap (??)