Curtains

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curtains

So I ended up receiving 50 votes. I honestly expected less so thanks a lot! The results show will take place tomorrow, February 23rd, at 3pm EST / 9pm CET. Hope you'll be there! @EgoRod, @MadonnaLove, @Dj Garrido, @Foreigner, @Holger, @Alexei, @chipie, @Karma, @Unruhe, @MisterMistere, @migsou, @Danton, @Jet, @musicinferno, @Leandro Gomes, @MadonnasPussy, @Enrico, @mirtillo, @HC Charge, @desperateK, @truevirgin, @TOpher, @Janinno Salazar, @Fontainebleau, @Andreo, @Matty, @Tony Forti

Curtains

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I'll organize a megarate for every single Madonna album. Let's now see how the tracks from the I'm Breathless era compete with each other. As requested by most users who participated in other games, non-album tracks from the corresponding era will also be included.   Rules: - Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition. - Rate each

Curtains

#2 – Justify My Love - Average Rate : 9,36 / 10 - Highest Rate : 11 ( @Karma, @Fontainebleau, @Skyline Pigeon ) - Lowest Rate : 2 ( @Holger )     #1 – Vogue - Average Rate : 10,32 / 10 - Highest Rate : 11 ( @MadonnaLove, @Dj Garrido, @Foreigner, @Holger, @Alexei, @chipie, @migsou, @Danton, @Leandro Gomes, @MadonnasPussy, @TOpher, @Janinno Salazar, @Matty, @PlayPause, @frozen78, @Robertson II, @proxy, @jesus, @androiduser, @mcat, @Polaris )

I'm Breathless is one my Madonna faves. Came right into my life right at the moment when music, sex and stardom collided. Nothing will replace Vogue as my 15 yo summer hit.

The album stuck on me immediately and I kept on unfolding the layers, hearing and guessing references, loathing and falling back in love again with some production gimmicks (does anyone know what they were trying to achieve with Something to Remember?), adoring her vocals (so many different singing techniques and registers on one album, perfectly executed), chasing remixes and maxi-singles, dying for Sooner or Later at the Oscars (VHS times) then came the Internet, the leaks, the instrumentals and the fishy versions... Such a piece of work, incredibly fascinating as a fan, probably because of the offbeat Hollywood / jazzy resonance that she embraced so well.

"Music from and Inspired by the Film..." is a specific genre of soundtrack albums, they come and go, most of the times very commercial and opportunistic, but not only depending on the artists involved. Over the years, they tend to lose their relevance, even when they were huge... As an obvious homage from an almost forgotten movie, IMB should have had the same fate, but Vogue is such a turning point in Western culture that the album can't totally be tossed away. Like the swan song of this defunct era, Marlon Brando Jimmy Dean on the cover of a magazine....

Hi @Curtains I'm participating for the albums I loved the most, wich means you're gonna have to bear me for aaaaall the '90s experimental works (Erotica, BS, ROL, Music). I just pass on this one, wich is nice but not one of her highest for me (fave tracks, except Vogue, are BACK IN BUSINESS, Hanky panky and Sooner or later anyway) 

See you soon then:01:

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: I'm Breathless era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic