Curtains

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curtains

So I ended up receiving 50 votes. I honestly expected less so thanks a lot! The results show will take place tomorrow, February 23rd, at 3pm EST / 9pm CET. Hope you'll be there! @EgoRod, @MadonnaLove, @Dj Garrido, @Foreigner, @Holger, @Alexei, @chipie, @Karma, @Unruhe, @MisterMistere, @migsou, @Danton, @Jet, @musicinferno, @Leandro Gomes, @MadonnasPussy, @Enrico, @mirtillo, @HC Charge, @desperateK, @truevirgin, @TOpher, @Janinno Salazar, @Fontainebleau, @Andreo, @Matty, @Tony Forti

Curtains

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I'll organize a megarate for every single Madonna album. Let's now see how the tracks from the I'm Breathless era compete with each other. As requested by most users who participated in other games, non-album tracks from the corresponding era will also be included.   Rules: - Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition. - Rate each

Curtains

#2 – Justify My Love - Average Rate : 9,36 / 10 - Highest Rate : 11 ( @Karma, @Fontainebleau, @Skyline Pigeon ) - Lowest Rate : 2 ( @Holger )     #1 – Vogue - Average Rate : 10,32 / 10 - Highest Rate : 11 ( @MadonnaLove, @Dj Garrido, @Foreigner, @Holger, @Alexei, @chipie, @migsou, @Danton, @Leandro Gomes, @MadonnasPussy, @TOpher, @Janinno Salazar, @Matty, @PlayPause, @frozen78, @Robertson II, @proxy, @jesus, @androiduser, @mcat, @Polaris )

2 hours ago, mcat said:

That would be fun.  Until now, the highest rated songs are:

#1- Vogue (10,32)
#2- Like a prayer (9,82)
#3- Into the Groove (9,56)
#4- Express Yourself (9,53)
#5- Open Your Heart (9,45)

But if you make a new megarate, just with the top songs against each other, the order would probably change...

That's a brilliant looking top 5!! But I couldnt even begin to try and put them in a favourite order. The final Megarate is gonna be a toughie!

Wow! I understand the first positions for 'Vogue' and the "Immaculate Collection" tracks, of course, but regarding "I'm Breathless" it's very nice to see 'Something to Remember' and 'He's a Man' up there with 'Sooner or Later'. I would have loved to see more love for 'More' and 'The Beast Within', and my bottom track would have been 'Now I'm Following You', cause there's something in the pre-chorus and chorus of 'Cry Baby' that I find just irresistible!

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
On 2/23/2022 at 10:00 PM, Andreo said:

No offense to them, but what's wrong with people giving lower scores just for "strategy"? What a crappy thing to do! 

On 2/23/2022 at 9:47 PM, Andreo said:

How do people give 0-3 to songs like Back in Business or He's a Man? Genuinely curious, I know everyone has a different taste, but giving rates this low is basically saying they're smoking shit-

Because they are irritating, grating tracks... but as a whole, I'm Breathless is just a bad, rushed album, made for just one purpose: Dick Tracy promotion.

4 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

Because they are irritating, grating tracks... but as a whole, I'm Breathless is just a bad, rushed album, made for just one purpose: Dick Tracy promotion.

That still doesn't answer to my question tho, aka what's the need to use "strategy" in a megarate? Absolutely nothing, just your own taste and wish to see these songs rated very low, basically :/

6 hours ago, Andreo said:

I understand having different taste, but how in hell are they shit??? 

Cheap arrangements, cheesy lyrics, irritating vocals... may I go on? Wait, do you praise I'm Breathless because it belongs to your adolescence? Honestly buddy, there's a reason if even Madonna forgot to promote that album on Blond Ambition Tour.

3 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

Cheap arrangements, cheesy lyrics, irritating vocals... may I go on? Wait, do you praise I'm Breathless because it belongs to your adolescence? Honestly buddy, there's a reason if even Madonna forgot to promote that album on Blond Ambition Tour.

I'm Breathless has some real stinkers on it but what do you mean by not promoting? are you familiar with Blonde Ambition setlist?

On 2/27/2022 at 6:22 AM, Renato Iodice said:

Cheep arrangements? Have you listened to I'm Breathless at all?? It's arranged better than probably 75% of everything else she has done.