Unpopular Opinions Thread

Régine Filange

26 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Except for the wonderful entrance, i don't like her Superbowl show.

I love the Luke Slater remixes of The Power Of Goodbye.

I have always thought that the setlist was very poor, the spectacle was incredible though and totally redefined the way Super Bowl would be performed in the future, I just hate the fact she performed GMAYL rather than a full on epic version of Express Yourself.

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't like that performance either. She was a bit stiff and nothing compared to the amazing presence she had on tour. I didn't care so much about the entrance either because Kylie Minogue had JUST done that on her tour

6 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

The "God Control" video should have had a linear story and kept as tight under wraps as possible and dropped as a surprise.

Imagine that video dropping out of nowhere. Everyone is watching going "Yay! Confessions! Discodonner is back!" and then, out of nowhere, the shooting happens. We would have GAGGED. Instead, extras on the set leaked info and then the bloody scenes were teased on her own IG.

It's the M video with the most potential to me since the unedited American Life and was completely spoiled.

They had to put a warning on it before it began anyway for the triggering scenes, so you would have known the shooting was coming anyway. Also, it would have made no sense to have the shooting happen at the end, because the gunshots are at the beginning of the song

34 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

They had to put a warning on it before it began anyway for the triggering scenes, so you would have known the shooting was coming anyway. Also, it would have made no sense to have the shooting happen at the end, because the gunshots are at the beginning of the song

I had forgotten about the warning. A part of me understands the need for that and the other part of me thinks "aren't artists here to disturb the peace? Click at your own risk..." It was a great concept that felt like it could and should have had much more of an impact.  

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

I had forgotten about the warning. A part of me understands the need for that and the other part of me thinks "aren't artists here to disturb the peace? Click at your own risk..." It was a great concept that felt like it could and should have had much more of an impact.  

I'm glad the trigger warning is here. Survivors of killing sprees don't need their peace disturbed any more than it already is. 

8 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I don't like that performance either. She was a bit stiff and nothing compared to the amazing presence she had on tour. I didn't care so much about the entrance either because Kylie Minogue had JUST done that on her tour

To be fair i don't like superbowl shows, they are all super vulgar and tacky, even the Prince one everyone is so in love with, as a lifelong Prince fan i think it was beneath him, it lacked subtelty. 

I would have liked Give me all your luvin and MDNA if it had been a smaller project for the Superbowl. 

MDNA should have been a mixtape. 

1) Girl Gone wild

2) Gang Bang

3) I'm addicted 

4) Turn up the radio

5) Give me all your luvin'

6) I'm a sinner

7) I don't give A

Bin the rest. Masterpiece should have been a late 2011 single to promote the movie. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2022 at 1:19 AM, Roland Barthes said:

I love the Luke Slater remixes of The Power Of Goodbye.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:00 AM, Fabiolous said:

Same for me, exept for the incredible entrance i don't like her Superbowl show neither. It's like there isn't her raw energy on that show. 

You're not ready for this one:

"MDNA" is her best album...

Her best album... of the 10s, of course!

I loved "Rebel Heart" when it was released but it was so current that sounds quite dated to me now. And "Madame X" is a mood, love it too but you gotta be in that mood for that listen.

"MDNA" was truly her last big, big mainstream album and era.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

You're not ready for this one:

"MDNA" is her best album...

Her best album... of the 10s, of course!

I loved "Rebel Heart" when it was released but it was so current that sounds quite dated to me now. And "Madame X" is a mood, love it too but you gotta be in that mood for that listen.

"MDNA" was truly her last big, big mainstream album and era.

For me MDNA is not her best album, but it's one of her best albums (not in the top 5 but close). That album always transmits me her joy and desire to have fun. And Hard Candy is good too (but I skip always 4 minutes).

And talking about "Rebel Heart", I'm still waiting a release with the demos finished. I don't like the final album versions.

Every tour from The Girlie Show onwards is way better than the previous ones. Blond Ambition Tour is great, yes but Madonna has surpassed that so many times already and it's by no means her best tour, and it's actually hugely overrated compared to her far superior recent ones.