Unpopular Opinions Thread

Régine Filange

21 hours ago, LoveSong said:

Just today I used the Super Looper in a DJ set - what a coincidence 🙂 I kinda like them too.

freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes

I remember buying the vinyl without knowing what to expect and I loved it, my flatmates were pretty annoyed with it.

That's what I loved about the ROL era the dip into electronic beats

2 hours ago, Ekans said:

I kinda agree. I find it beautiful but you have to be in a specific mood to enjoy it.

To me, it sounds like Madonna doing Tori Amos the way Bedtime Story sounds like Madonna doing Bjork.

It just doesn’t sound like Madonna.

Her vocals are lovely, tho.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:34 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Looking For Mercy is one of the best songs she's ever made and it's not getting enough recognition.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes the song tbh. If I ever did, I'd have a few words to say to them. :bubblebitch:

Oh and I agree that Mer Girl is boring. I like the lyrics, but the song doesn't build up to anything, sonically speaking. For the final song on the standard version of ROL, it's sort of a letdown. :Madonna006:

32 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Mer Girl should've been kept in the vault for good and make way for "Has To Be"

While I agree Has to Be is an excellent song, I don't agree Mer Girl should be scrapped.  That is such a fantastic dark poetic song.  If I was going to switch out a song to make room for Has to Be, it would be To Have and Not to Hold.  But at least, Has To Be did get an official release on the ROL single and Japan editions.  Just wish it was on all of the editions. 

2 hours ago, Nahual said:

I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes the song tbh. If I ever did, I'd have a few words to say to them. :bubblebitch:

Oh and I agree that Mer Girl is boring. I like the lyrics, but the song doesn't build up to anything, sonically speaking. For the final song on the standard version of ROL, it's sort of a letdown. :Madonna006:

I quite dislike Looking for Mercy but adore Mer Girl, such a inspired and alternative end of a masterpiece of an album...