Unpopular Opinions Thread

Régine Filange

3 hours ago, Nahual said:

I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes the song tbh. If I ever did, I'd have a few words to say to them. :bubblebitch:

I don't like it (love Madame X as a whole though). I think the verses are great and I like the production on it but the choruses are a wasted opportunity and drag on forever. :)

9 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

For me, this was her at her most honest. Please remember the title of this thread before you break out the swords, Mary.

No swords! 
She’s constantly evolving. She’s not afraid to contradict herself. She delves in completely and wholeheartedly in what she believes at the moment. And later if needs be, moves on. She does have some constants that aren’t compromised. Like her belief in earning things and not wanting the easy ride.  I think. 

ray of light is so severely overrated that fans have lost all reason in regards to the album. it's amazing, but it's overlong at times. I actually prefer the music orbit material now as it's more simplistic and he and mirwais doing half an album each and being aware of what the other is doing makes for a great pop album

2 hours ago, mikeyaj said:

ray of light is so severely overrated that fans have lost all reason in regards to the album. it's amazing, but it's overlong at times. I actually prefer the music orbit material now as it's more simplistic and he and mirwais doing half an album each and being aware of what the other is doing makes for a great pop album

Really? LOL Yes We prefer Runaway lover to Frozen any day.

32 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I hate when people say that.

It’s somehow insinuating that the only reason Madonna is excellent in it is because it’s mostly music.

It’s a fucking MUSICAL.

I don't like Madonna as an actress. I'm sorry. Yes, it's a musical and she is amazing in it. I'm a fan for her music, video-clips and personality not for her movies.

38 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don't like Madonna as an actress. I'm sorry. Yes, it's a musical and she is amazing in it. I'm a fan for her music, video-clips and personality not for her movies.

She is acting in Evita, so if you enjoy her in that film, you enjoyed her as an actress.

She hasn’t had many good films/performances. No need to be sorry.

12 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

She is acting in Evita, so if you enjoy her in that film, you enjoyed her as an actress.

She hasn’t had many good films/performances. No need to be sorry.

Well, you are right in certain point. She is acting in Evita and she is acting in all her video-clips, even in her tours. But this is like other actors who are good in drama and awful in comedy. I love her acting when she is singing but not in regular movies.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, you are right in certain point. She is acting in Evita and she is acting in all her video-clips, even in her tours. But this is like other actors who are good in drama and awful in comedy. I love her acting when she is singing but not in regular movies.

You didn’t like Desperately Seeking Susan, Who’s That Girl or A League of Their Own?

I find those all quite enjoyable films, even Body of Evidence I quite like.

11 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

You didn’t like Desperately Seeking Susan, Who’s That Girl or A League of Their Own?

I find those all quite enjoyable films, even Body of Evidence I quite like.

I like Desperately Seeking Susan, A league of Their Own and Body of Evidence, but I don't love them. I don't like Who's That Girl, Shangai Surprise, Four Rooms and others. I only love Evita.

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

She is acting in Evita and she is acting in all her video-clips, even in her tours. But this is like other actors who are good in drama and awful in comedy. I love her acting when she is singing but not in regular movies.

I totally get what you are saying.  It wasn't until Evita that I saw any promise in her being an actress, but I always remember this is a musical film and she's always somehow been able to pull off (even in her music videos) something more genuine when it comes to acting when it's musically related. I think a lot of it is that she's very wooden and stiff in long speaking dialogues. Oddly, she can convey the right emotion and feeling when singing out her parts.  For me, even though she's been in some stinkers, I still found her entertaining in many of her films.  The only film I really felt she was great as an actress without any music involved was Dangerous Game (aka Snake Eyes).  Unfortunately, she didn't like the outcome of that film which I agree was awful, but it had nothing to do with her.

DSS wasn't that great of a film in my opinion, but it worked.  Madonna was convincing because she played to her persona at the time.  Not only that, the movie centered around Roseanna Arquettes' character, but Madonna just had the right charisma for the part.