Who's That Girl Super Club Mix (RSD Red or Green Vinyl 12'')

The Ghost

25 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

It's against the rsd rules to reserve copies, they won't supply to a record store that does that

It's not exactly that. My town is very small and they ordered one or two copies, knowing that I and another Madonna fan would buy it. Not actually a "reservation".

I think it's a lot more shameful to order, like, 20 copies and resell them online at double price.

Just now, Enrico said:

It's not exactly that. My town is very small and they ordered one or two copies, knowing that I would buy it. Not actually "reservation".

At my record shop here in italy (which in any case puts the copies aside if requested) which always adheres to the RSD, they even told me that yesterday it hadn't arrived yet ... 🙄

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

It's not exactly that. My town is very small and they ordered one or two copies, knowing that I would buy it. Not actually "reservation".

I think it's a lot more shameful to order, like, 20 copies and resell them online at double price.

From what I gathered the store request the titles they'd like to stock for rsd and then they're sent a selection from what they request. They don't get to chose how many copies they get so there's never a guarantee they'll get everything.

6 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

From what I gathered the store request the titles they'd like to stock for rsd and then they're sent a selection from what they request. They don't get to chose how many copies they get so there's never a guarantee they'll get everything.

Yes that's what happened basically. They requested Madonna because they know I am interested, they didn't receive it. I don't know if I had to wait, because maybe they'll get it at a later date. Buying from Discogs or Ebay cost me at least 15 euros more, which is irritating. But I wonder how some shops can receive 20 copies.

3 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Yes that's what happened basically. They requested Madonna because they know I am interested, they didn't receive it. I don't know if I had to wait, because maybe they'll get it at a later date. Buying from Discogs or Ebay cost me at least 15 euros more, which is irritating. But I wonder how some shops can receive 20 copies.

I imagine that stores in cities draw much larger crowds so get much more stock

The price is already dropping on Discogs, so everyone should be able to get a copy for a while :)

Initially, I was critical of this release (why "Who's That Girl" out of all her iconic albums?) but now I think this is a nice treat for the collectors, especially if WTG doesn't get the Super Deluxe treatment in the upcoming reissue campaign.