Difficulty Of Being A Madonna Fan Around Friends and Family

50ft Queenie

So recently I had a bunch of my friends and family over to my house and we were talking about music and who our favorite artists are. When I mentioned Madonna as one of them, I was instantly met with a bunch of rude comments directed at her, nobody even wanted to acknowledge how important her classic period was. Why is Madonna so disrespected musically?

Controversial figures like her surely have a more divisive reaction among people: basically it's more a "you either hate or love them" thing. And she's the queen of transgression and pushing boundaries so it's definitely a huge factor. 

But It's also a cool factor I think. Not only what it's not trendy anymore doesn't attract people, but people also flex about interest in artists who died for example, just for the sake of it sometimes. The day she will die, detractors will be in first line saying how much they loved her. It's a mix of these things imo. 

Usually by the same individuals whom detest Camille Paglia. I like to use both as a stick to poke them, especially university professors, lol. They often roll their eyes and make sour faces. They make fun at Madonna for wearing gloves and for loathing hydrangeas. They ridicule her choices. I think both Madonna and Camille are poignant in their own right.

It's trend. These things come and go. That is why also many so called fans turned on her because she's not "cool" to lke anymore. People like artist they can own, that's why also they love dead artists so much or atists who no longer record or are in the public eye anymore because they won't speak their minds, they won't utter an opinion, they won't do anything to go against the flow. Madonna comes with a lot of bagage and has a huge ego and i'venoticed people with huge ego too hate her like it's their job. Also people LOVE powerful women on paper until they come across a real one and not just one who instagrams herself with that cap. 

And Madonna is perfectly aware of that, she toys with them, sadly she spends too much time effing with them than on us, fans. it is something she did all her life according to her, since high school, she goes out of her way to challenge people to love her.

Close-minded people will always hate people like Madonna, especially older people who grew up watching Madonna breaking taboos and going against stereotypes, and now it's easier to shame her cause of her age. One time someone made jokes about her age and i told him aren't you like 55 too? :rip: 

Younger generation hating on her is even more problematic and odd to me, cause there are not many reasons to be so toxic at her, other than someone being a pure ageist or sexist. I've seen people praising someone for doing something Madonna did, and hating Madonna when she did it, it's so weird :rip: 

Even in the music industry, i've seen MJ and Whitney Houston stans saying Madonna was the one who insulted them when they did it first. Cher and Elton John have make nasty comments about her many times, yet they're right for being toxic, no sign of toxicity by Madonna tho, but she still the bitch, idk how some people think :rip: 

3 hours ago, As Soon As I said:

I think the gay community can do a little better when it comes to Madonna. But you’re right. It is the LGBT Comm that had stuck by her. 

Honestly, gay people are the worst. You could say that Madonna literally "sacrificed" her commercial success when she started supporting the LGBTQ community more and more, yet nowadays she gets hate by many gay people cause they like another female artist, and Madonna happens to be more successful than her. Gays people who hate on Madonna are worse than the rest, cuz Madonna is one of the biggest allies.

1 hour ago, Régine Filange said:

Honestly, gay people are the worst. You could say that Madonna literally "sacrificed" her commercial success when she started supporting the LGBTQ community more and more, yet nowadays she gets hate by many gay people cause they like another female artist, and Madonna happens to be more successful than her. Gays people who hate on Madonna are worse than the rest, cuz Madonna is one of the biggest allies.

braxton family values love GIF by WE tv

50 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

It seems like Gen X Gays are the ones who understand Madonna. Boomers and Millennials not as much and it makes sense because Gen Xers saw her explode in the 80’s. 

Are you gay? I am. I came out in 1993 and the gay community is nothing like it used to be. It can be a hideous existence if you don’t where you fit in.  

5 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

So recently I had a bunch of my friends and family over to my house and we were talking about music and who our favorite artists are. When I mentioned Madonna I was instantly met with a bunch of rude comments directed at her, nobody even wanted to acknowledge how important her classic period was. Why is Madonna so disrespected musically?

Same here, I'm at the point that I prefer not to mention her, because they start saying rude coments and I get mad lol

Most part of gatherings at mine ended up showing the sex book to someone that didn't knew about it. Or playing some Shep remixes that they never heard before.In general the response is awe and compliments.

People are more surprised of what they didn't know about her career than anything else.

Family wise my mum was obsessed with Justify my Love. She said she liked how Madonna owned her sexuality and didn't give a toss.

My brother gave me my first Madonna (recorded) tape when it came out. (True Blue)

I used to had photos from Sex wallpapering my room as a teen. My Nan, walked in , look at one and said: ' Check Madonna with the tits out! Good for her!

Some girls don't like her singing voice. Some girls find her cold. Some girls are not amused by an artist who entertained the idea of putting on blackface for an album cover. Some girls don't like a white woman who used the N word on their IG, hard "er" or not. Some girls don't think the coronavirus was "the great equalizer". Some girls don't think showing up hours late to shows is cool because "She's The Queen!".  Different strokes for different folks. For a long time, people loved or hated her. Even in the mid 90's it was popular to say you liked her music, but not her. Nowadays a lot of people don't care at all. But you will definitely see an explosion of love, adoration and respect when she exits this realm. Happened to Michael and Whitney. People forget the way they were raked over the coals and treated like jokes before they passed. Especially by certain fandoms........

It’s really a combination of things and that has slowly happened since 2002. Not many people can relate to Madonna and certainly not to the extent of her career in the 80’s and 90’s. People loved her rags to riches story. It is so American. 

1. Goes to NYC at 19 w/35 dollars in her pocket. 

2.  Hard working Catholic Midwestern Italian with 7 brothers and sisters. 

3.  Proclaims in 1984 that she wants to “rule the world” and does so by 1990… You all know the story. ( The American Dream ) 

***1992  -  Sex Book / Body Of Evidence/ Erotica / Her image is forever tarnished in a lot of people’s minds. 

***1994 - Dennis Rodman and The David Letterman appearance over shadowed everything else. 

***1996 - Everyone loves a baby and a comeback. At this time, if your were on Oprah and she approved, you’re golden.

***1998 - Quicker than a ROL Madonna is certifiably the Queen of Pop, forever and always. 

***1999 -  accolades accolades accolades

***2000 - Married  a handsome, talented, director (gross) another baby,  kick-ass body, Music, accolades. 

***2001 - In my opinion, that’s the last year we see Madonna as we know her. 

***2002 and on - Kabbalah take over, Divorce, dating 21 year olds, Flashing her ass and tits just for the sake of doing it, surgery, surgery, surgery, and acting way younger than she is, but it doesn’t seem genuine to the public. Madonna is no longer relatable, and she’s not doing anything to change it. 

I’m not gonna slag her anymore, I love her. Sometimes I feel as though she is self sabotaging her career in someway because maybe she thinks she doesn’t deserve it. She’s very hard on herself and she’s probably bored too. 

No matter how Coo-koo for cocoa puffs she gets, I’ll always support her and we will never know, What It’s Like For Madonna. 

It's so cool to be uncool It's so right to be unright It's so good to look so bad

Isn't this the best thing you ever had?

I love this site of being a Madonna fan. Family and friends can kiss my ass. 

open your heart madonna GIF

It's really OK if you don't listen to Madonna or don't want listen to Madonna...

but if you have a problem "with her", you are fuckin antichrist

Jake Gyllenhaal Ear GIF

8 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

why this is not happening with other huge stars, dead or alive

Because other stars didn't hump a bed around the world, release a nudie book, wear cone bras, challenge peoples ideas about everything, have orgies on stage, push the gay agenda, talk about blowing up the White House, expose the celebration of war as a favorite pastime of the United States.... I could go on and on... 

The media is a powerful beast and their ideas make it into everyone's subconscious. I mean, remember the 90's... you couldn't go anywhere without hearing the phrase... "Has she gone too far?". The subtle messaging that she was wrong and should calm down. But I would also argue that this is partly the reason some of us care SO MUCH about her. because of this perceived defiance in the face of opposition. But in the end, none of it is real, is it? She's a woman who humped a bed in public (overly simplified for the conversation), there is no too far, and there is no real good fight. There's a person who did something that was considered taboo and then everyone's commentary on it. 

Finally by Ce Ce Penniston isn't generating conversations. 

David Bowie has one of the most consistently great discography's of any artist in history. late 80s and Tin Machine is really the only period of Bowie I dont like, he later said he was not inspired then and it shows. He regained his sound in the 90's and only improved in the 2000's which culminated in his masterpiece Blackstar, which is as good as his 70's stuff. Anyway, about Madonna, Im not saying people need to drool all over her im just saying she deserves more recognition than she currently receives for her music cultural importance.