MEGARATE: Erotica era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

8 hours ago, migsou said:

Batuka is a lot more deserving of this spot though  :Madonna042:

What a blasphemy comparing Did You Do It? (that Madonna has literally nothing with and wasn't involved in creative process) with Batuka (that is song she clearly wanted to make and sound like this). 

I find Batuka absolutely amazing and one of the best songs she made in 21st century. But yeah different people, different taste in music, that's why these megarates are so interesting ;-) 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

What a blasphemy comparing Did You Do It? (that Madonna has literally nothing with and wasn't involved in creative process) with Batuka (that is song she clearly wanted to make and sound like this). 

I find Batuka absolutely amazing and one of the best songs she made in 21st century. But yeah different people, different taste in music, that's why these megarates are so interesting ;-) 

I am with you on this: one of the best songs she has done in a loooong time. Absolutely love it. 

6 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Excuse me I love Did you do it. It fits the album so well. 

Me too!

I personnaly like how the male point of view is presented with irony.

Two straight men talking about having sex with M and boasting their sex skills while actually she's still waiting. Very funny and fitting the album.

PS I never read that she wasn't involved in the creative process. Can you give me the source? I don't believe it was put in the album without her consent.

9 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Me too!

I personnaly like how the male point of view is presented with irony.

Two straight men talking about having sex with M and boasting their sex skills while actually she's still waiting. Very funny and fitting the album.

PS I never read that she wasn't involved in the creative process. Can you give me the source? I don't believe it was put in the album without her consent.

if my memory doesn't fail me they recorded the track while she was not in the studio and then when she arrived they played it by-mistake-not-really meaning to play waiting and she loved it

9 hours ago, Alexei said:

I don't get what you're saying. If you don't like the tracks on the album so you're giving them low scores, how is that going to 'fuck up the votes' ? 

I was half kidding, but every time I rate some of the songs so low from this album, people come after me. For instance, Secret Garden is track and is getting a big fat zero from me. 

17 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I was half kidding, but every time I rate some of the songs so low from this album, people come after me. For instance, Secret Garden is track and is getting a big fat zero from me. 

Ah okay. I see what you're saying now. People should be able to express their opinion, but feeling got at for your music preferences isn't on as everyone's choice is personal, so I'm sorry you've been made to feel that way  We're all passionate for Madonna's music which is why we're here in the first place.

Edited by Alexei (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Enrico said:

As @migsou said, Did You Do It was recorded while she wasn't in the studio as a joke and they played it to Madonna instead of Waiting while they were all listening to the album. At first she was furious and told them to play her song instead right after the track finished. But the next day she asked to hear it again and said she changed her mind and wanted it on the album. It is documented in Lucy O'Brien "Madonna: Like an Icon" biography.

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Erotica era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic