New 'Frozen' Remix Single/Video Ft. Fireboy DML; Song Coming March 3rd !!!!

wonderboy

42 minutes ago, MerBoy13 said:

Im not asking for you to censor yourself I'm asking for you to be polite and not swear at me just because you don't agree with my thoughts or opinions. What new fans? ? Any casual listener can listen to that song on repeat regardless if it has 49 million streams. If you can show credible evidence this remix has impacted the younger generation to become fans of her and go and listen to her discography consider me well and truly told.

Ok, I'll spend the next few days looking for credible evidence for you.

I don't think so.....

Lil Kim GIF

This release is useless except to make quick money from Tiktok. I doubt it's going to do anything for her aside from streaming stats. This is even sadder when you compare it to the majestic mixes that were done at the time by people who really knew how to make a remix. If the Levitating remix had gone viral on Tiktok she would probably have agreed to appear in the video too. 

12 minutes ago, luckystar908 said:

This release is useless except to make quick money from Tiktok. I doubt it's going to do anything for her aside from stealing stats. This is even sadder when you compare it to the majestic mixes that were done at the time by people who really knew how to make a remix. If the Levitating remix had gone viral on Tiktok she would probably have agreed to appear in the video too. 

She did film for the video but it was scrapped. 

1 hour ago, MerBoy13 said:

Im not asking for you to censor yourself I'm asking for you to be polite and not swear at me just because you don't agree with my thoughts or opinions. What new fans? ? Any casual listener can listen to that song on repeat regardless if it has 49 million streams. If you can show credible evidence this remix has impacted the younger generation to become fans of her and go and listen to her discography consider me well and truly told.

The notable increase in her streaming numbers since this remix has gone viral is pretty good evidence of that.

Wether some fans here like this project or not, there’s really no downside to her doing this. 

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

The notable increase in her streaming numbers since this remix has gone viral is pretty good evidence of that.

Wether some fans here like this project or not, there’s really no downside to her doing this. 

Well hopefully she has something else up her sleeve that's not for the kiddies... 

She risks alienating a lot of her hard core / faithful fans that see this as desperation and selling out for popularity.

i have to say I really enjoy this new "take" on frozen.

Would have loved a longer version (around 4 mins) and more of Madonna's vocals, something like  what Bjork did with Serpentwithfeet a few years ago.

However, I enjoy it a lot as it is and I love his vocal style. Plus,  the comments on youtube I have seen so far are really positive. I am all for Madonna experimenting, trying new approaches and to see her full of life and passion.

:)

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

Well hopefully she has something else up her sleeve that's not for the kiddies... 

She risks alienating a lot of her hard core / faithful fans that see this as desperation and selling out for popularity.

That old chestnut... She risked alienating hardcore fans with Erotica. And American Life. And Hard Candy, etc. :)

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

Well, she hasn't alienated me. I admire her for doing something different and moving with the times, or would you prefer she carried on singing Like A Virgin.

5 hours ago, vesalii said:

Believe or not, I think that’s exactly what will happen 

Along with the other moves of this strategy, yes. I think they're planning a multi-tiered strategy to reignite interest in former fans (the reissues) and gather new ones (the remix, the features). 

• Enrico unfeatured and locked this topic