New 'Frozen' Remix Single/Video Ft. Fireboy DML; Song Coming March 3rd !!!!

wonderboy

8 minutes ago, xrayeyes said:

Didn't call any ONE stupid. Just the general stupidity of mindless fawning over everything. If people were HONEST about everything she did, it would be a more interesting and authentic place. That's all.

As a mod, I can tell you that the expression "general stupidity of this forum" was not a nice thing to read.

I personally hate everything about the contemporary Madonna: her face, her grillz, her featured artists, her projects, her #soons. I am a proud Patrick Leonard nostalgic.

But I am sincerely happy for the fans who are satisfied with a fake HD video or a dull RSD release. I understand them, I accept them, don't think they are stupid, although I am on the side of those who expect a cd with unreleased demos.

9 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

Does anyone has access to any NZ streaming platform to let us know the details about the release? It should be already out there! 

Mmm maybe not. If it was a regular Friday release, maybe, but if it's a Thursday release maybe it'll be live worldwide at the same time? We'll see! :cute:

EDIT:

Wait, it's already listed on Qobuz NZ!

hw2cctyi4lqub_100.jpg

Boring cover buuh! But I guess it's good cause people who know and loved the original 2 minutes remix will feel familiar seeing this other one.

14 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

Does anyone has access to any NZ streaming platform to let us know the details about the release? It should be already out there! 

no new vocals by her. it’s basically another take on the sickick remix with fireboy DML’s vocals. ending is different. no fade-out.

8 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I don't have high expectations for this 'remix project from what we have seen

If she was talking about getting some of the all time great dance producers and DJs and upcoming new DJs/producers to do some new quality new mixes that have a chance of being credible on the dance floor (like that Camelphat remix of Like A Prayer) and played out in clubs it could be a fantastic project - but this frozen remix has no chance of making much impact in the clubs . Who cares if some kids liked it on tic too for 5 seconds they are not ever going to become fans of hers - so why cater to them?

Has Billboard gone back to publishing a club singles chart? They stopped during Covid.  Are clubs totally open and packed or is Covid still preventing that in many places? 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Actually it does nowadays. I'm a huge KPop fan and everytime they have a new single they call it a comeback and itll be one song with no album...maybe when they do have an album they'll add it but standalone songs dont make a difference since they're already there to stream.

That makes sense if you have no plans to release an album.  But the 50 dance songs album is coming, so why wouldn’t she include the Frozen remix on that? 

4 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

So why the wait, or is there a surprise video drop tomorrow?

Song is coming tomorrow, video will come later (next week, maybe?).

This remix is just a way of keeping the "Frozen" trend alive. The original 2-minute mix is still her most listened song on Spotify at the moment and that plus the "Material Girl" trend have made her grow a lot on streaming since December.

Let's see it that way. It's not what the super fans expected but no doubt it's gonna help her on streaming and that can only be good.

The new vocals are fine, very good even, but I simply won't and never will love the Sickick remix. It's simply undeniably bad, and represents the absolute low of Madonna's career, in what's surely one of her most desperate moves in ages. Probably smart in a commercial sense, but just as Oseary and his NFTs, it simply shows she's now Ronald McDonald more than a musician.

• Enrico unfeatured and locked this topic