Has Madonna lost interest about music?

Régine Filange

With her last few albums it felt like she didn't put much effort, time and passion at making them she used to do. She always had a good "music ear" and she was always coming back with a strong lead single. I wonder what happened after 2008 and she declined so fast musically. I mean, i don't blame her cuz her greatness lasted for so long compared to others, and she has a family, but i'm curious. It's like she has lost interest about music but keeps making music instead of just enjoying her life. In Madame X she doesn't even try to sing sometimes, she just screams loudly, she doesn't even try to sound good, she just sings.

Now she's milking Frozen and makes a music video or idk for it, while she was always saying she doesn't like repeating her self.

GvAOM2E.gif

I couldn't agree with you more on this one. She's had a good long career, but I think she's lost her creative intuition. It seems she's trying so hard to keep that famous work ethic alive that her music, these days, just comes out forced and unenthusiastic. I can't say I blame her for being tired - she's been at this gig for a long time, but she's got a whole gaggle of kids now, and it's really time to focus on them. 

i dont think its a question of time as she put a lot of effort into RH(Judging by the number of demos we got !) To me her biggest problem has been her producers(Mirwais, Kanye, Diplo etc)  and obsession to work with teenagers to try and make herself look cool, hip and youthful  (Swae Lee, Malluma, Nicki Minaj etc) i just think shes made bad choices and yes i know i bang on about her best producers imo (Pettibone, Leonard and Orbit) but i just wish she would go back to basics and just write good songs with music that doesnt sound like something falling down the stairs - she was kind of getting there a bit with MDNA (Piano , banjo, guitars etc) the more classic M sound and some of the RH demos had some great music too and ideas but that all got lost in the mega leaks unfortunately. maybe she has just run out of creativity now and heck she certanily deserves a break from music, She has done every genre i can think of now so whats left for her to do musically - i dont know what the deal with warners does for her in terms of making and releasing new music(It cant just be for the legacy releases ? ) as they have been stubbornly silent since August 2021 which to me has been the most frustrating aspect of being a long time hard core stan.

59 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

. I wonder what happened after 2008 and she declined so fast musically.

My god, Girl Gone Wild, Living for Love, Ghosttown, God Control, Batuka all great singles, and that's just a few of great song's from album's she released past decade. Go grumble somewhere else. 

kim kardashian GIF

16 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

She only put effort in Rebel Heart. Took years to finish Madame X, and not cuz she was trying to improve the album or make it more creative.

So you think that when Madonna was recording Madame X, she was saying to herself "lets do nothing to improve the tracks or make them more creative"? the album was the most creative record of 2019 by a pop artist, nothing sounds like it. The logic of some of the users here, I swear.

I can understand how someone can feel that Madonna's quality of work has deteriorated over the past decade. But I always saw her current work in the time it was released. It's a fact that pop music in general has deteriorated and has in many ways separated itself from art. I feel like nowadays the acclaim goes to hip hop girls, to some overrated pop sweethearts that would never get that praise in the 00's and sometimes to women who have that one or two masterpieces in them before they disappear.

Madonna has created like  three or four of those already. Fans who mostly complain now have no interest in current popular music and have that unfair expectation of Madonna to save music for them and work with old minds, whether they themselves have the creativity any more or not. 

I believe that some of Madonna's most recent albums pale in comparison to her previous century classics but they stand out in today's musical landscape so it's a lie that she's lost interest. She's just changed with the times. And let's not pretend that she was actually making art with records like Music or Like A Virgin or Bedtime Stories. Many fans would love to crush those albums had they not been successful. But they are and fans enjoyed the music of the time better because it was actually better.

And Madame X rocks. It's still a masterpiece hidden behind all the autotune and the 'teenagers' she collaborated with. Sometimes it's just new seasonings so that no record of hers sounds the same as the previous ones. Who could you say that about after 14 albums?

1 hour ago, Régine Filange said:

She only put effort in Rebel Heart. Took years to finish Madame X, and not cuz she was trying to improve the album or make it more creative.

:Madonna032:

Madame X is literally her most creative album since 2008. She had a concept, a theme, a persona, new sounds, good videos. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Your opinion is valid, but facts are facts.

I agree to some extent. its ok if you dont like the album, but that doesnt mean she hasnt put efforts to it.

but one thing is for sure

we wont get albuns like Ray of Light or Music. Not anymore.

Even Confessions is nothing but a memory.

those were precious moments with their respective precious illusions.

if you have lived them cherish those memories.

"

Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Don't ask them why because life is short
And before you know you're feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Don't hold on to the past
Well that's too much to ask

"

I don´t think so, but she has definetely lost her touch with the general audience and does not know how to reconnect again, with all the major changes, the industry herself...and I think she has been a bit depressed. I mean, her position was being the coolest and the queen, and now she is not with the new works, at least. As she has been depressed, I think she shows that rebellious side all the time showing, hidding her insecurities. And as she has been depressed (she admited it on as interview on 2019), you can see she has not the drive to train  like crazy, doing vocal exercises, trying to sing her best, etc...she is like: accept it, like or not this is who i am state of mind, whereas before she was a pro who worked as a maniac. I don´t think this Madonna can return easily. It is true it´s been 3 years since the last record and she is working on old remixes, but we don´t know if she is recording demos of great new songs she has hidden in her pocket. We´ll see.

Nope, I do not think so.... If she had lost interest in music... she would simply not had made and released new music. I might not really like all her new music... but that does not mean that she has lost interest in music or that it is bad... Music is always a matter of taste... me not liking it does not mean that it is bad..

I think she has put plenty of effort in.

Whats been different is the lack of a proper label/team to point her in the right direction creatively. For example, when you listen to the Ray of Light earlier demos you can hear that the ideas are there but sound underbaked and eventually evolved into something more solid with the right collaborators being brought on board. It seems like the last 3 albums didn’t truly evolve properly and I think that’s because she doesn’t have the same label input as before. So yes we have some great songs and ideas but the albums as a whole are not produced or curated as well as they could be.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think she has put plenty of effort in.

Whats been different is the lack of a proper label/team to point her in the right direction creatively. For example, when you listen to the Ray of Light earlier demos you can hear that the ideas are there but sound underbaked and eventually evolved into something more solid with the right collaborators being brought on board. It seems like the last 3 albums didn’t truly evolve properly and I think that’s because she doesn’t have the same label input as before. So yes we have some great songs and ideas but the albums as a whole are not produced or curated as well as they could be.

So true  - I think the biggest mistake she made for her recording career was leaving Warners. I read they made her/persuaded her to rework some of American Life before they would release it  - the current label won't not care enough to do that and just release it. Completely agree   - I think with Warners we would have had very much stronger versions of the last 3 albums. I think she has just been left alone by Live Nation and Interscope without much support like she had from Warners in terms of evolving the records into something really strong before they are released.

No she didn't, but most of her fans have lost their mind for sure judging by this king of posts. Just bcause some of you are still stuck in 2005 doesn't mean she didn't put everything in her latest albums or tours. Are you for real? Madame X is a complex and great work, same for the tour. I'm sorry you don't get it, but hey you're free to leave anytime you want. She will not miss you for sure.