Billboard & World of Women Celebrate Madonna With NFT Magazine Cover

proxy

56 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

What are NFT's

A trendy way to scam by making people believe they own the rights of a specific picture, when in reality you're just spending money for an hyperlink for that pic. Basically, if I'm not wrong, you don't even own the picture you're buying lol 

3 hours ago, EgoRod said:

As a matter of fact i first got the news from a retweet he did. Sounds like another of his tech ventures. I miss the time this guy was obsessed by music only. Now between his references to U2 and Red Hot Chili Peppers he sounds very out of touch like it's not something he's passionate about anymore...

17 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

As a matter of fact i first got the news from a retweet he did. Sounds like another of his tech ventures. I miss the time this guy was obsessed by music only. Now between his references to U2 and Red Hot Chili Peppers he sounds very out of touch like it's not something he's passionate about anymore...

Most people of his age do tend to like older bands not modern artists.  It doesn’t mean they aren’t passionate about music. With his interests, I wonder why he hasn’t talked Madonna into doing a Greatest Hits Tour if he cares about money. 
I don’t like NFTs, but everyone seems to be pushing them these days. Boy George just launched a huge NFT project called Crypto Queens. 
At least Madonna isn’t making money off of this, it’s for charity and she isn’t pushing it that hard as many other artists are.

NFTs are becoming the new fashion line and perfume, you almost have to do it if you want to be seen as a current relevant artist. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

NFTs are the biggest scam ever. I urge no one to purchase them. Hopefully this trend will die soon because most companies who are trying to pull this shit are met with harsh criticism. It’s just another way for the rich to get richer and fool people

I wonder if Madonna would be willing to buy NFTs of Frida Kahlo instead of having the real thing hanging on her walls at her home, for the same price...i guess she wouldn't. Why should others ?

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Most people of his age do tend to like older bands not modern artists.  It doesn’t mean they aren’t passionate about music. With his interests, I wonder why he hasn’t talked Madonna into doing a Greatest Hits Tour if he cares about money. 
I don’t like NFTs, but everyone seems to be pushing them these days. Boy George just launched a huge NFT project called Crypto Queens. 
At least Madonna isn’t making money off of this, it’s for charity and she isn’t pushing it that hard as many other artists are.

NFTs are becoming the new fashion line and perfume, you almost have to do it if you want to be seen as a current relevant artist. 

Hopefully the next big celebrity trend won't be selling feces....fast forward to 5 years.... 

7 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder if Madonna would be willing to buy NFTs of Frida Kahlo instead of having the real thing hanging on her walls at her home, for the same price...i guess she wouldn't. Why should others ?

Hopefully the next big celebrity trend won't be selling feces....fast forward to 5 years.... 

This e-girl was selling farts in a jar so...that's sort of passé at this point

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

NFTs are the biggest scam ever. I urge no one to purchase them. Hopefully this trend will die soon because most companies who are trying to pull this shit are met with harsh criticism. It’s just another way for the rich to get richer and fool people

It’s not just companies. There are some indie artists that are pushing them as a creative outlet and a way to make money when streaming doesn’t pay. This indie pop artist I like named Verite is really into them.  So if you follow those artists you might be influenced to think they are good and the way forward if you don’t do the research and see the negative side of them. There are people who jump on new trends before fully investigating the implications and details of them. 

But I also think any new technology can be used for good or evil. Maybe NFTs has some value  originally as a way for artists to prevent people from copying their work. But it definitely seems companies and shady investors have exploited it in a way that has nothing to do with art or creativity. 
But it is a new technology, so I guess we will have to see how it develops, but the signs don’t look promising. Seems like the bubble will burst and some fans of artists might be led to buy something that is essentially worthless. I have read though some artists give utility with their NFTs such as concert tickets, merchandise etc.