Her face...what a shock

Thiago Ciola

• Thiago Ciola changed the title to Her face...what a shock
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get people.

When she wasn't overboard with the cosmetic procedures, it was always her hands or her arms. Then she goes and does that, people are now complaining about her face and how she should have aged naturally. Can you blame her given at the end of the day, whether Madonna listens or not, those kinds of comments hurt. She can't win.

What she criticized so much during her speech when she was awarded Woman of the Year in 2016 in Billboard, that is, her rejection of how society condemns old age in women, but I see that everything remains theoretical because she herself does not practice it and we see how she resists the passage of time using effects in her photographs or exaggerated implants in her body.

Madonna has sometimes been pretentious but at this point I am sure that most of her fans would not mind seeing her grow old with dignity and not see her desperately fighting against the passage of time.

10 minutes ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

And this is exactly why she is always decades ahead of everyone else.

Ageing gracefully is a misogynistic construct designed to condition older women into disappearing when the male gaze is done with them. Madonna has always represented choice for women - whether that is to be sexually liberated, promiscuous, a prude, a British housewife, ageing naturally, getting procedures etc.

What Madonna represents now is the option for women over the age of 50 to continue feeling confident, empowered, provocative, adventurous without being erased by the ageist male gaze. There are so many women in that age group who feel invisible because of the way society treats them, and Madonna is normalizing their right to exist and be seen, without conforming.

Editing pictures, lip injections, ass implants are all done by women in their 20s, 30s, 40s and even teens. Why do you feel the need to censor Madonna's right to do the same because she is in her 60's? Why is okay for those people but it's suddenly about the 'passage of time' for Madonna?

Restricting a womans right to explore whatever she wants on the basis of her gender or age is misogyny and that is exactly what she is fighting against. That is why she does it.

It's actually disgusting that you question the validity of her Woman of the Year speech because of the way she decides to express herself. Women are not here to adhere to your patriarchal rules. Her truth is valid regardless of your approval. 

Shame on anyone dumb enough to project their own prejudices onto Madonna when she has given you so many opportunities to educate yourself.

How difficult it is for many to avoid falling into insults when responding to a comment they don't like or disagree with.

If society criticizes old age in women implicitly demanding that they resort to plastic surgeries and implants in the body and filters in photos and thus hide their old age, then Madonna also ends up submitting to it by doing the same and contradicting herself according to her speech in the Billboard.

Looks like she's recently had her buccal fat removed to accentuate her cheek area. This procedure is often done on patients who are inclined to stop or reduce regular use of facial filler since the reduction of buccal fat creates optical fullness in the mid-face area. This is just a transitory appearance, but I think she looks fine already. Camera flashes make it look worse than it is. Once the the cheek filler wears off naturally, this should actually look fantastic. Dissolving the filler prematurely could cause visible loss of tightness in the cheek area which wouldn't be aesthetically desirable. 

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

How difficult it is for many to avoid falling into insults when responding to a comment they don't like or disagree with.

If society criticizes old age in women implicitly demanding that they resort to plastic surgeries and implants in the body and filters in photos and thus hide their old age, then Madonna also ends up submitting to it by doing the same and contradicting herself according to her speech in the Billboard.

I don't think submitting to the pressures takes away from the point she's making. We all just trying to live decent lives. It's different for women but increasingly men are victims of the pressures of society as well. It's all fucked.

All that said, I hoped she would go the Vivienne Westwood route and not give a fuck about her age and still be cool but alas, she needs to do what she needs to do to be able to live with herself within this fucked up society.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I don't think it's contradicting herself at all.

She should be able to age in any way she chooses, that is the point. Letting yourself go doesn't mean you're aging gracefully.

Madonna IS her own product. She's taking care of herself. There are people in their 20's that have these procedures done, why shouldn't she.

I'd have a (minor) lift if I could afford it, not because of society's pressure, but because I want to look good....so average for me it is then :lol:

3 hours ago, Thiago Ciola said:

When I read comment's like this from so called "fans" spreading hate towards Madonna, I kind of happy that this forum will be shut down. To be honest most of you deserve only a huge fuck you from her!! 

She looks great in the pics that are not at an unflattering angle. As for surgery, if I had the money I’d ask them to just scoop out my brain and shove it in something attractive. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have your looks examined so closely and commented on so publicly.