Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

4 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Are you hanging out with a group of caveman who have obtained a time machine to present day? everyone I have ever met is at least aware of who Marilyn and Sinatra are and recognize the faces and that goes for younger people also. There are certain individuals that are so iconic I genuinely refuse to believe you can't be totally unaware of. One does not need to be an expert of the history of rock music to have heard of fucking Elvis Presley for instance.

you must be getting high therein age.

maybe it's more common in the young generation nowadays because they are constantly bombarded with more content, but I know people form my own generation (40+) who have never heard of Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra. My partner is 36 and he's never heard of ANY old movie stars, he has zero knowledge about pop culture, especially anything happening before the 90's.

Right! Somewhat shockingly, many people aren’t really into music outside of the current Top 20.

2 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

that you must be old or only interact with people your own age.

First of all I interact with people of all ages and everyone over the age of ten has heard the name Marilyn Monroe you absolute genius of a human specimen. Secondly, I do not see how it matters if I am 18 or 100 just as long as what I say makes sense and is actually put in proper grammar that people can understand. How about you crawl away and come back after you finish your college remedial courses.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

So sad that we won't get to see the MELTDOWNS here when the "Like A Prayer" Fireboy DML Remix arrives.

Laugh Lol GIF

Back to Spotify...

New peak: 21,19 M monthly listeners. Frozen remix is 38,5 M and the Fireboy remix 1,2 M.

I like all the stats you give. Where do you get them from?

It is a crime of humanity that the most successful female entertainer of all time is not even top 100 on Spotify. My god, her musical relevance has fallen to pieces since 2012, I still dont know how it happened so quickly. Hopefully all this recent attention she has been getting on tiktok can help matters some.

30 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

It is a crime of humanity that the most successful female entertainer of all time is not even top 100 on Spotify. My god, her musical relevance has fallen to pieces since 2012, I still dont know how it happened so quickly. Hopefully all this recent attention she has been getting on tiktok can help matters some.

Well, Elvis wasn't played on MTV either....

2 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

And all the boost is from people not really fans. They’re just using the sound. She should have been further along  long ago with Rebel Heart having been the starting point. Madame X should have been pushed in playlists and her remixes kept constantly in playlists like Mint. I see the same remixes in it for several weeks and some are way way worse in quality to what she released. Idk, I hate it’s taken TikTok for her garner traction on a music streaming platform where music was what she ruled for so long. But it’s atleast organic and not paid for even though I’d love her to just throw the M-dollas at the radio stations just for exposure if nothing else.

2 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Unfortunately a lot of M fans are stuck in the past and just don’t stream her music. 
This younger generation of TikTok users dominate the charts and streams, so it’s good that Frozen with Sickick has given her some exposure to a new market.

6 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

her career is at an ultimate low and I don't think it will ever recover. I love her to death but her fall into irrelevancy has made me question a lot of things.

8 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Come on, don't be dramatic, some artists only become relevant one month a year and then fall back into absolute irrelevance from January to November LOL

Screenshot_20220318_191436.jpg

these first 3 months of 2022 for Madonna are a great moment of success for reaching a new generation audience (and it's not even December). 

2 hours ago, milingo83 said:

Come on, don't be dramatic, some artists only become relevant one month a year and then fall back into absolute irrelevance from January to November LOL

Screenshot_20220318_191436.jpg

these first 3 months of 2022 for Madonna are a great moment of success for reaching a new generation audience (and it's not even December). 

I hate it when it says Mariah Carey is the best selling artist of all time; she is not. It also says that on her YouTube channel ?