Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Elvis didn't get to make videos so why would he even be played on MTV? Still, rest assured that most MTV viewers in the 80's and 90's not only knew about Elvis but listened to him all the time. 

Madonna truly does not matter to anyone younger than 40 years old. As a matter of fact I am surprised that she is still a touring sell out because people really do not buy any music from her, but such is the power of her past achievements that people will still go to see her even though she refuses to play hits. 

And even that has begun to crumble, I knew it was a matter of time before companies began to pass up on her like they did with her last tour that had to stream on Paramount Plus. There will come a time when even total bottom feeders like James Corden and Jimmy Fallon will say no to her. 

In part it is the fans' fault who sell her out and don't protect her. Just a few days ago I saw MadonnaScrapbook post about Miley Cyrus positively comparing her to Madonna. 

Influential members of the community want peace and love between all the fandoms, well honey, we can have peace when your atupid faves like Beyonce and Cyrus stop plagiarizing Madonna. I will stand up for her. 

13 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

In part it is the fans' fault who sell her out and don't protect her. Just a few days ago I saw MadonnaScrapbook post about Miley Cyrus positively comparing her to Madonna. 

Influential members of the community want peace and love between all the fandoms, well honey, we can have peace when your atupid faves like Beyonce and Cyrus stop plagiarizing Madonna. I will stand up for her. 

if anything, it's the fans' fault for thinking and acting like Madonna invented the fire and the wheel.

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

if anything, it's the fans' fault for thinking and acting like Madonna invented the fire and the wheel.

honestly Madonna is the closest thing to inventing the fire and the wheel, so much so that every single female pop star follows her template. She is the most influential figure in recent history, the problem is that, when everything you are is copied from Marlene Dietrich and other sources, when everyone copies you, then you disappear because you were a copy in the first place, but up until 2008 one could consider Madonna a historical figure like Camille Paglia said once. I no longer think she will go down as a historical figure, not with the way in which she and the fans handed her achievements on a silver platter to Gaga and Beyonce. The media has played a part in her erasure too. 

But the fans' delusion will always work in detriment of Madonna. For instance, not only is it detrimental to Madonna to champion Miley Cyrus and other copycats, but getting excited about everything she does is detrimental for her too. We know that Guy Oseary isn't protecting her so she needs feedback from us but she doesn't get that with sycophants like MadonnaScrapbook.

I said that singing with Maluma would end her career, which it did. MadonnaScrapbook would block people who showed the least bit of concern about Maluma. 

Now we have the biopic. Let's face it, it's going to be a massive disaster and if it isn't, at the very least it won't do for her what the respective biopics did for Elton and Queen which, wasn't much. 

But she doesn't know that, all the fans left are so extra with their unrealistic expectations, she just has no barometer. Just my opinion.

47 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

honestly Madonna is the closest thing to inventing the fire and the wheel, so much so that every single female pop star follows her template. She is the most influential figure in recent history, the problem is that, when everything you are is copied from Marlene Dietrich and other sources, when everyone copies you, then you disappear because you were a copy in the first place, but up until 2008 one could consider Madonna a historical figure like Camille Paglia said once. I no longer think she will go down as a historical figure, not with the way in which she and the fans handed her achievements on a silver platter to Gaga and Beyonce. The media has played a part in her erasure too. 

But the fans' delusion will always work in detriment of Madonna. For instance, not only is it detrimental to Madonna to champion Miley Cyrus and other copycats, but getting excited about everything she does is detrimental for her too. We know that Guy Oseary isn't protecting her so she needs feedback from us but she doesn't get that with sycophants like MadonnaScrapbook.

I said that singing with Maluma would end her career, which it did. MadonnaScrapbook would block people who showed the least bit of concern about Maluma. 

Now we have the biopic. Let's face it, it's going to be a massive disaster and if it isn't, at the very least it won't do for her what the respective biopics did for Elton and Queen which, wasn't much. 

But she doesn't know that, all the fans left are so extra with their unrealistic expectations, she just has no barometer. Just my opinion.

Oh my- You answered yourself imo: nobody hypes her up today and fans are the first to complain about everything she does, so how is that having big expectations and making her more delusional? More like the opposite, she sees she doesn't sell as before (oc, after 40 years of career) and that's why she's putting always herself in every project she's part of, including the biopic, cause SHE KNOWS she has to work hard to get recognition at this age, unlike her peers who just retire and sing the same hits from their debut years. But despite this, there's always this prejudice about her being "delusional" as if she's getting oversized acclaim, and it's not happening, so why all this drama in the first place? Also implying she will not be remembered as a legend if inspired by other people, feels like a big big stretch. Then all her peers should just vanish instantly in the oblivion? Lol. Just my two cents oc, I feel like it's just other weird excessive drama, which is a daily basis in this fanbase in the last years lol

2 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

but up until 2008 one could consider Madonna a historical figure like Camille Paglia said once. I no longer think she will go down as a historical figure, not with the way in which she and the fans handed her achievements on a silver platter to Gaga and Beyonce. The media has played a part in her erasure too.

Lets not get too dramatic here, Madonna is an icon and always will be, nothing is going to change her profound long term impact at this point and when she dies all the same haters are going to be circle jerking about how incredible she was. Your also underestimating how much impact a biopic thats well received can have, ever since the release of Bohemian Rhapsody, interest in Queen music has shot through the roof and the success of Rocketman paved the way for Elton's massive 2021 comeback which resulted in a number one hit and reaching number six in the world on Spotify for a time. I have some serious doubts about this Madonna biopic but I think that totally dooming a project before its released is not fair.

2 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

...but up until 2008 one could consider Madonna a historical figure like Camille Paglia said once. I no longer think she will go down as a historical figure, not with the way in which she and the fans handed her achievements on a silver platter to Gaga and Beyonce. The media has played a part in her erasure too.

Please. She will be turn into a saint and a hero the minute after she dies. It always happens.

But PLOT TWIST: she's never gonna die. :angel:

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

Oh my- You answered yourself imo: nobody hypes her up today and fans are the first to complain about everything she does, so how is that having big expectations and making her more delusional? More like the opposite, she sees she doesn't sell as before (oc, after 40 years of career) and that's why she's putting always herself in every project she's part of, including the biopic, cause SHE KNOWS she has to work hard to get recognition at this age, unlike her peers who just retire and sing the same hits from their debut years. But despite this, there's always this prejudice about her being "delusional" as if she's getting oversized acclaim, and it's not happening, so why all this drama in the first place? Also implying she will not be remembered as a legend if inspired by other people, feels like a big big stretch. Then all her peers should just vanish instantly in the oblivion? Lol. Just my two cents oc, I feel like it's just other weird excessive drama, which is a daily basis in this fanbase in the last years lol

they do hype her up.

the number one reason why the interest in Madonna is where it is nowadays is the fact that Madonna didn't want to accept her inevitable fate as a legacy act on time. Being a legacy act doesn't mean that an artist cannot be creative any longer and that they're stuck to singing old hits. But it does mean accepting that the old hits are what is keeping everyone's interest. And in the end, here we are, remixing old hits featuring young artists and working on a biopic, the ultimate legacy formula.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

the number one reason why the interest in Madonna is where it is nowadays is the fact that Madonna didn't want to accept her inevitable fate as a legacy act on time. Being a legacy act doesn't mean that an artist cannot be creative any longer and that they're stuck to singing old hits. But it does mean accepting that the old hits are what is keeping everyone's interest. And in the end, here we are, remixing old hits featuring young artists and working on a biopic, the ultimate legacy formula.

I disagree, I dont think she had to go by a formula, she just simply stopped making good music after American Life.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:54 PM, mysweetaudrina said:

I’m sorry, how was Maluma the end of her career? She clicked with him and his contribution to Medellín is not awful. I’d say cared for Quavo’s contribution less but even that wasn’t awful. Was it because she had features? Because I don’t understand the absolute dislike of features when that is the state of charts and albums now. Every album has been her adopting something from what’s popular at the time. 

The fact that American radio stopped playing her after American Life and UK radios stopped after she turned 50 was what impacted her the most. She went in crazy damage control mode by catering to the Americans so much with Hard Candy and MDNA and that was quite off putting. She forgot about quality in her struggle for popularity. Until then she was regarded as forward-thinking and people knew to expect greatness from her. But I don't think it's too late to salvage her image weirder things have happened. 

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

The fact that American radio stopped playing her after American Life and UK radios stopped after she turned 50 was what impacted her the most. She went in crazy damage control mode by catering to the Americans so much with Hard Candy and MDNA and that was quite off putting. She forgot about quality in her struggle for popularity. Until then she was regarded as forward-thinking and people knew to expect greatness from her. But I don't think it's too late to salvage her image weirder things have happened. 

the crazy damage control began with Confessions On A Dancefloor, something fans refuse to admit.

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

I’m sorry, how was Maluma the end of her career? She clicked with him and his contribution to Medellín is not awful. I’d say cared for Quavo’s contribution less but even that wasn’t awful. Was it because she had features? Because I don’t understand the absolute dislike of features when that is the state of charts and albums now. Every album has been her adopting something from what’s popular at the time. 

she couldn't afford another flop lead single and reggaeton was the absolute worst choice, as a matter of fact in Latin America Madonna was seen as sophisticated and reggaeton is seen as very very lowly by some people, not all of us latins like reggaeton or Maluma. A straight friend of mine said to me, why is she singing with Maluma?? she is way too good for him. The notion that Madonna debases herself with subpar work and associations have been going on for over a decade and people feel it, and Maluma was truly the last stroke. She will never have a hit ever again.

33 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

It's true, but it wasn't catering to the Americans and it was actually one of the most successful eras of her career. 

Stuart Price said in a print interview that the reason why Madonna and him never worked again was because Warner and Madonna did not view Confessions On A Dandefloor as a success in America. I don't believe for one sexond the record sold 12 million and all the singles flopped pretty much.

8 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

Stuart Price said in a print interview that the reason why Madonna and him never worked again was because Warner and Madonna did not view Confessions On A Dandefloor as a success in America. I don't believe for one sexond the record sold 12 million and all the singles flopped pretty much.

It was absolutely massive everywhere outside of the US. She won female artist of the year at Brit awards. Hung up reached #1 in 60 countries and it was a Guinness World Record. Sorry was also a big hit in Europe. People who don't normally care about Madonna bought the album or at least knew all the singles and some album tracks. The DVD of the tour sold over 1 million copies. It was massive. It flopped in America and Madonna became hung up on that (lol) and Hard Candy was the result

10 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

Except she did work with him again on mixes for Hard Candy. Sheesh from your first few posts, you're definitely a glass half empty type of gal with a penchant for distorting a narrative. Just what the forum needs more of!  zzzzzzzz. Try a walk in a park, will do you good.

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

It was absolutely massive everywhere outside of the US. She won female artist of the year at Brit awards. Hung up reached #1 in 60 countries and it was a Guinness World Record. Sorry was also a big hit in Europe. People who don't normally care about Madonna bought the album or at least knew all the singles and some album tracks. The DVD of the tour sold over 1 million copies. It was massive. It flopped in America and Madonna became hung up on that (lol) and Hard Candy was the result

Hing UP was massive thanks to ABBA of course, I doubt about the sales and massiveness of the rest.

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Except she did work with him again on mixes for Hard Candy. Sheesh from your first few posts, you're definitely a glass half empty type of gal with a penchant for distorting a narrative. Just what the forum needs more of!  zzzzzzzz. Try a walk in a park, will do you good.

Maybe you should try a walk because I am not distorting anything, that was an exact quote from him. Look it up.