Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

6 hours ago, Karma said:

Confessions was a monumental global success, let's not try to rewrite history, please. It's currently at 13 million equivalent units (sales + streaming), that's tremendously impressive for any pop star at the peak of their popularity, let alone for someone in the third decade of her career.

At the time, the Confessions Tour was the highest-grossing tour ever for a female artist and the four singles reached the Top 10 in the U.K. "Sorry" was the 4th biggest hit of 2006 worldwide and peaked at #1 on the European Hot 100, a chart that comprised sales of 17 different countries. And if you refuse to believe the numbers, here's the pure sales breakdown:

I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse or blatantly trolling but you are factually wrong.

OT: She's doing amazing on Spotify. Things are setting up quite nicely for the upcoming biopic campaign.

those are the fake wikipedia numbers which I don't believe for one second.

6 hours ago, baymad4her said:

I'd like to know how these streaming figures equate to actual sales. It's about time Warner re-certify Madonna's sales so they're up to date.

nothing beats actual hard sales, I don't think they equate actually, apparently with netflix content creators get a percentage of the monthly subscriptions, maybe they get it on spotify too but lots of people don't pay for spotify so how does the artist get paid? my guess is not much and these are just fake and inflated numbers that don't really mean anything, like Confessions sales.

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

This statement is completely different than what you previously said….

I didn't say Hung Up was a flop, it was underwhelming in the US and a modest hit all over the world, it may have gotten to number 1 but it was no Believe by Cher. The rest of the singles and the album flopped, that's what I said.

7 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

I didn't say Hung Up was a flop, it was underwhelming in the US and a modest hit all over the world, it may have gotten to number 1 but it was no Believe by Cher. The rest of the singles and the album flopped, that's what I said.

HU was a modest hit all over the world?

3OtL.gif

also, M has like 10 "Believes"...k?

:Madonna048:

Anyways, before Hung Up (my bad y’all), American Pie was actually Madonna’s biggest international hit.

Its always fighting with True Blue, Ray of Light, and Material Girl (album version) to enter Madonna’s Top 20 Daily Top Songs on Spotify.

So it’ll be interesting to see how big of a jump American Pie will get with the digital single and HD video coming

1 hour ago, mysweetaudrina said:

It certainly wasn’t a flop, in the UK itself the album was number 1 for a few weeks spent 56 weeks in the chart in total, from that that 2 singles went to number 1, the other 2 singles top 10.

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

HU was a modest hit all over the world?

3OtL.gif

also, M has like 10 "Believes"...k?

:Madonna048:

she doesn't though, Madonna is not on the top 40 best selling singles by a female artist or any artist. She has True Blue and Immaculate Collection on the list of beat selling albums of all time and that's it.

1 minute ago, MattyMads said:

It certainly wasn’t a flop, in the UK itself the album was number 1 for a few weeks spent 56 weeks in the chart in total, from that that 2 singles went to number 1, the other 2 singles top 10. Yeah screams flop ? 

according to the fans, Confessions is one of Madonna's career peaks and one of the best selling eras of all time. Both beliefs are categorically false. 

2 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

according to the fans, Confessions is one of Madonna's career peaks and one of the best selling eras of all time. Both beliefs are categorically false. 

Can you go and create a thread about your COADF crap, please. You're hijacking this thread with your nonsense. I'm on here to look at Madonna's Spotify progress.