Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Just now, Fabiolous said:

Mariah has way less monthly listeners than Madonna, but yeah Britney and Shakira have more than her. But I guess they count as 2000s?

These lists get passed around on social all the time, but they are edited to make their favs look more appealing on the lists. Cause it’s ignoring artists that have passed, and male artists, and bands. Plus the positions change depending on daily, monthly, and annual numbers.

20 minutes ago, deathproof said:

These lists get passed around on social all the time, but they are edited to make their favs look more appealing on the lists. Cause it’s ignoring artists that have passed, and male artists, and bands. Plus the positions change depending on daily, monthly, and annual numbers.

I don't know what lists you are talking about, I just check the Spotify app and Mariah isn't even in the top 200

6 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

That’s because he’s “smarter” with his features, eh?

Elton John is much smarter with his features than Madonna in terms of setting out to get a hit. As this is a Madonna forum, the Elton John hate is kinda understandable but I cant deny the mans talent. It also helps that he has always been an ultra mainstream artist in everything he does, Madonna is much more of a bold risk taker in the style of genius's like Bowie or Prince.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Elton is fucking legend an Icon and a musical genius. I will not have a bad word said about him. I love him so much. A literal living legend. One comment about a lets be honest average MDNA track and the fanbase turn on him. Purleease. Madonna loves it.

? Elton has made horrible comments abut her multiple times. He's a vile little troll full of envy

55 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

? Elton has made horrible comments abut her multiple times. He's a vile little troll full of envy

First of all, Elton has no reason to be envious of Madonna, he is one of the most successful musicians of all time. Secondly, some of his harsh comments are taken by fans as if he has some deeply personal dislike of Madonna when in reality he just always criticizes lip syncing and albums he feels are trash, he has always been that way with loads of other artists and about himself. I have never read a book so brutally honest as his autobiography. In it, he says his favorite Madonna album is Ray of Light and that he would love to see her go back to Electronic music one more time. The point im getting at is, Elton speaks what is on his mind for good or ill, are you forgetting about the fact he bought Madonna a big dinner and apologized even when he was not required to do so? The Elton John hate on here is getting a bit old, the man literally has one of the most incredible run of masterpiece albums in the history of music, jealous of Madonna my ass.

1 hour ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

First of all, Elton has no reason to be envious of Madonna, he is one of the most successful musicians of all time. Secondly, some of his harsh comments are taken by fans as if he has some deeply personal dislike of Madonna when in reality he just always criticizes lip syncing and albums he feels are trash, he has always been that way with loads of other artists and about himself. I have never read a book so brutally honest as his autobiography. In it, he says his favorite Madonna album is Ray of Light and that he would love to see her go back to Electronic music one more time. The point im getting at is, Elton speaks what is on his mind for good or ill, are you forgetting about the fact he bought Madonna a big dinner and apologized even when he was not required to do so? The Elton John hate on here is getting a bit old, the man literally has one of the most incredible run of masterpiece albums in the history of music, jealous of Madonna my ass.

And then he released a song about sausage rolls.

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

And then he released a song about sausage rolls.

The last time I checked sausage rolls was neither a track he considered putting on an album or anything meant to be taken seriously, it was nothing but a joke. Madonna also released Santa Baby, one of the worst abominations of music in human history, does that take away from all her amazing material? Try better next time please. Elton is a legend, deal with it.

16 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

Elton John is an ugly fuck

I was not aware someone's appearance has anything to do with musical quality. His music is also anything but boring, anyone stupid enough to think a track like this is boring should have a head examination. Here is a picture of a young Elton John, he is a perfectly decent looking man. Now, stop being a troll.

106786de000683eddd11217ba5944c8f.jpg

1 minute ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I was not aware someone's appearance has anything to do with musical quality. His music is also anything but boring, anyone stupid enough to think a track like this is boring should have a head examination. Here is a picture of a young Elton John, he is a perfectly decent looking man. Now, stop being a troll.

106786de000683eddd11217ba5944c8f.jpg

he was always ugly, stop being so thirsty.

8 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

he was always ugly, stop being so thirsty.

Imagine saying a straight guy is thirsty for a man, I also dont see someone ugly as fuck when I look at him in this picture. He is better looking than most of the people in this forum and that includes you I would bet, nobody is saying Elton is a Greek god, just that he was never considered ugly as fuck as a younger man. I am done arguing with a sad and pathetic troll who is in serious need of being banned. Now, lets get back to why you think Santa Baby is a masterpiece again because that shit is too funny.

3 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

"he always criticises other artists for lipsynching and calls other people's music trash, but it's okay because at least he's consistent with it". 

He called Madonna a "fucking stripper" and said she "should get shot". So no, I don't care how good his albums are. And yes, he was jealous of Madonna because for a good stretch of time she was much more popular than him. He's only recently had a big come back. 

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

"he always criticises other artists for lipsynching and calls other people's music trash, but it's okay because at least he's consistent with it". 

He called Madonna a "fucking stripper" and said she "should get shot". So no, I don't care how good his albums are. And yes, he was jealous of Madonna because for a good stretch of time she was much more popular than him. He's only recently had a big come back. 

I found some of his comments about Madonna to be rude and classless, he apologized and a dumb comment he made is not going to prevent me appreciating him as an artist and icon.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I found some of his comments about Madonna to be rude and classless, he apologized and a dumb comment he made is not going to prevent me appreciating him as an artist and icon.

Good for you. I can get past one dumb, offensive comment, but not that many throughout the years. 

12 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Imagine saying a straight guy is thirsty for a man, I also dont see someone ugly as fuck when I look at him in this picture. He is better looking than most of the people in this forum and that includes you I would bet, nobody is saying Elton is a Greek god, just that he was never considered ugly as fuck as a younger man. I am done arguing with a sad and pathetic troll who is in serious need of being banned. Now, lets get back to why you think Santa Baby is a masterpiece again because that shit is too funny.

Also, ignore mysweetaudrina, they just like to troll in any possible topic. 

BTW, why the Santa Baby hate? I thought it was good! I mean, there's only so much you can do with that song and at least it's tongue in cheek and not cheesy like other Christmas songs