Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

• 2 weeks later...

Well, actually the original "Frozen" Sickick remix just passed 60 million streams today (60.005.290).

Fireboy DML Remix is 4M (4.068.947) and 070 Shake Remix 3M (3.240.411).

"Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit)" is not doing that great, I'm afraid. It's 114.584 streams in total today, since the release last week, that's 5 whole days. The Frozen remixes and some others remixes from the digital singles back catalogue got that with just one day when released... This new one is an old remix anyway, but something's off, I don't know. Remember it was first released as a 1987 release and then updated to 2022, I don't know if that caused an issue to not be on Release Radar everywhere (it was on mine, though).

She's going down overall but not dramatically: 21.702.066 monthly listeners (#151 worldwide).

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well, actually the original "Frozen" Sickick remix just passed 60 million streams today (60.005.290).

Fireboy DML Remix is 4M (4.068.947) and 070 Shake Remix 3M (3.240.411).

"Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit)" is not doing that great, I'm afraid. It's 114.584 streams in total today, since the release last week, that's 5 whole days. The Frozen remixes and some others remixes from the digital singles back catalogue got that with just one day when released... This new one is an old remix anyway, but something's off, I don't know. Remember it was first released as a 1987 release and then updated to 2022, I don't know if that caused an issue to not be on Release Radar everywhere (it was on mine, though).

She's going down overall but not dramatically: 21.702.066 monthly listeners (#151 worldwide).

Well, from all of her remixes, they decided to go with an 80's remix, that is basically the same album song, with some vocal chops and that's it. Nothing exciting... Nothing really matters, Impressive Instant, or Don't tell me would be something that it wasn't on Spotify before and be more interesting as they are different than the album versions. But I'm sure that we will have some more previews before the 24 th of June and 19 of August. 

5 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Well, from all of her remixes, they decided to go with an 80's remix, that is basically the same album song, with some vocal chops and that's it. Nothing exciting... Nothing really matters, Impressive Instant, or Don't tell me would be something that it wasn't on Spotify before and be more interesting as they are different than the album versions. But I'm sure that we will have some more previews before the 24 th of June and 19 of August. 

Let's see. It's true that "Into The Groove" is nothing new or exciting but at the same time is one that everyone knows and a good way to kick off the release, in theory. I think the issue is maybe the date (originally 1987 and later updated to 2022). If the next pre-order song is released directly as a 2022 song then we can compare results. :cute:

Goes to show that those dreadful frozen remixes have done nothing to improve her streams for her back catalogue and that people were only interested in it because of TikTok, it could have been anyone doing the Mmh if I could melt your heart.

hopefully we can all move on now from frozen TikTok and embrace her legacy and hopefully new music that isn’t catered for people who aren’t interested in her. 

11 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Goes to show that those dreadful frozen remixes have done nothing to improve her streams for her back catalogue and that people were only interested in it because of TikTok, it could have been anyone doing the Mmh if I could melt your heart.

hopefully we can all move on now from frozen TikTok and embrace her legacy and hopefully new music that isn’t catered for people who aren’t interested in her. 

I think it's too early to say that maybe. Her current numbers are still double the number they were a year ago.

Of course the "Frozen" Sickick audience ain't gonna jump straight to "Into The Groove", that's not realistic. But it's helping her in the overall picture.

13 hours ago, Prayer said:

Let's see. It's true that "Into The Groove" is nothing new or exciting but at the same time is one that everyone knows and a good way to kick off the release, in theory. I think the issue is maybe the date (originally 1987 and later updated to 2022). If the next pre-order song is released directly as a 2022 song then we can compare results. :cute:

I mean, I don't think the year was an issue...

Screenshot_20220511_193737_com.spotify.music.jpg

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

I mean, I don't think the year was an issue...

Screenshot_20220511_193737_com.spotify.music.jpg

When it was originally out on Wednesday last week it was released as a 1987 single. It was updated to 2022 on Thursday. That's why I said I don't know if that caused any issue to not have all the Release Radar impact it could have - only new releases are shown there. It was also on my Release Radar playlist but maybe not on everyone's? But just speculating, maybe people are simply not that interested in an old remix and that's it. :tongue:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

When it was originally out on Wednesday last week it was released as a 1987 single. It was updated to 2022 on Thursday. That's why I said I don't know if that caused any issue to not have all the Release Radar impact it could have - only new releases are shown there. It was also on my Release Radar playlist but maybe not on everyone's? But just speculating, maybe people are simply not that interested in an old remix and that's it. :tongue:

It's a remix that casual fans can barely tell apart from the album version. It's just not that interesting 

31 minutes ago, Franck Scotty said:

Is it good compared to other artists ? I mean, how streams got last gaga, perry or weeknd albums?

They're bad compared to current  artists and songs, but it's gold compared to other veterans and from artists with more than 30 years of career I guess (example: Katy's last album wasn't successful, still has +1B streams on Spotify) 

I mean, I'm sure the streams would have been a bit higher if it was a mainstream pop album. But an experimental album like this, that a lot of hardcore fans didn't even like, is doing OK with 200 millions. The streams would be higher if fans were more supportive of her work and used Spotify. Get your ass out of 1998.