Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

31 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Material Girl on Spotify is at number 1, overtaken Frozen. What's going on there, anyone know?

Maybe the "Stranger Things" effect (again)? It was used on Season 3. Recently Season 4 was premiered and I'm sure some people are rewatching the previous ones again too.

43 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Maybe the "Stranger Things" effect (again)? It was used on Season 3. Recently Season 4 was premiered and I'm sure some people are rewatching the previous ones again too.

Yes, I’d say that’s about right. That show is doing wonders for Kate Bush right now too. I heard Angel is also feeling some of those effects too, have you seen an increase in Angel’s numbers?

44 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Yes, I’d say that’s about right. That show is doing wonders for Kate Bush right now too. I heard Angel is also feeling some of those effects too, have you seen an increase in Angel’s numbers?

It might be doing great for Kate Bush, but it won't do anything for Madonna, chart wise. She always seems to miss out.

What's this Angel about. Is that song on Stranger Things?

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

It might be doing great for Kate Bush, but it won't do anything for Madonna, chart wise. She always seems to miss out.

What's this Angel about. Is that song on Stranger Things?

I don’t know if it was anywhere in the show, but they included it in the Spotify official playlist for Stranger Things. It and Material Girl are the only M songs in that list. 

6 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I don’t know if it was anywhere in the show, but they included it in the Spotify official playlist for Stranger Things. It and Material Girl are the only M songs in that list. 

Material Girl actually appeared in an episode in season 3 which increased the numbers that time too

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Material Girl actually appeared in an episode in season 3 which increased the numbers that time too

Yes. Material Girl actually is on the Stranger Things season 3 album. But Angel is such a forgotten gem and a real 80’s day dream vibe. Still such an odd choice but who knows.

I''ve seen the season 3 and yes, "Angel" was used too in one of the chapters. It's not like "Material girl" that you can hear the song perfectly. "Angel" was used but if I'm not wrong just for some seconds in the background.

I've looked for it and seems it was included in the episode 3 of the third season.

5 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Any more Spotify updates would be appreciated :)

Sure!

As you already know, "Material Girl" is now her most streamed song on the platform. "Frozen" Sickick remix comes second and "Hung Up" third.

She's been rising for the last couple of weeks. She's now on 21.850.513 monthly listeners and up to #156 overall.

That "Frozen" remix reign just won't let up: 70,3 M streams now for the main version; 5,3 M for the Fireboy DML Remix; 4,6 M for 070 Shake version and 1,1 M for "Frozen On Fire".

The "Finally Enough Love" tracks start to have decent (not brilliant) numbers: 309.755 for "Into The Groove" and 215.524 for "Deeper And Deeper".

Plus bonus beats: "Like A Prayer" becomes her first song on achieving 300 M streams on Spotify BUT for some reason the total amounts for the "Celebration" and the album version are separated so it doesn't reflect yet. Hope Warner can work on combining both eventually...

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Sure!

As you already know, "Material Girl" is now her most streamed song on the platform. "Frozen" Sickick remix comes second and "Hung Up" third.

She's been rising for the last couple of weeks. She's now on 21.850.513 monthly listeners and up to #156 overall.

That "Frozen" remix reign just won't let up: 70,3 M streams now for the main version; 5,3 M for the Fireboy DML Remix; 4,6 M for 070 Shake version and 1,1 M for "Frozen On Fire".

The "Finally Enough Love" tracks start to have decent (not brilliant) numbers: 309.755 for "Into The Groove" and 215.524 for "Deeper And Deeper".

Plus bonus beats: "Like A Prayer" becomes her first song on achieving 300 M streams on Spotify BUT for some reason the total amounts for the "Celebration" and the album version are separated so it doesn't reflect yet. Hope Warner can work on combining both eventually...

Thanks, I look forward to your updates. 

It's really annoying that Warner don't combine the Like A Prayer versions; are they even aware I wonder 🤔

4 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Thanks, I look forward to your updates. 

It's really annoying that Warner don't combine the Like A Prayer versions; are they even aware I wonder 🤔

I think they will eventually. They are in charge of her Spotify artist account, that's for sure: the profile picture and header were updated with the "Finally Enough Love" promo picture, plus they've created and promoted a new "Madonna Top Tracks" playlist there, also with the "FEL" picture as a cover.

I hope it's only a matter of time they ask to Spotify to combine them. Also, "Material Girl" is the same, also separated between the "Celebration" and the "Like A Virgin" versions (293 M together).

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

I think they will eventually. They are in charge of her Spotify artist account, that's for sure: the profile picture and header were updated with the "Finally Enough Love" promo picture, plus they've created and promoted a new "Madonna Top Tracks" playlist there, also with the "FEL" picture as a cover.

I hope it's only a matter of time they ask to Spotify to combine them. Also, "Material Girl" is the same, also separated between the "Celebration" and the "Like A Virgin" versions (293 M together).

I think you can only combine them if they are the exact same track. Like a prayer on Celebration is slower, and Material girl has the stereo reversed compared to the album version. I don't think that they can combine them... 

3 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I think you can only combine them if they are the exact same track. Like a prayer on Celebration is slower, and Material girl has the stereo reversed compared to the album version. I don't think that they can combine them... 

Yep, I think that's the issue, when they're the same the platform does it automatically. I thought it couldn't be done manually but apparently Mariah had it done for some of her tracks on Spotify or so said some fans here, if I remember correctly? Let's see.

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

If Robyn can have Dancing On My Own single version (04:39 and a different pitch) and album version (04:45 with lower pitch) count as the same track on Spotify, then so can the virtually identical versions of Like A Prayer be combined... someone just needs to do it...

Update time!

Rising again to 21.890.183 monthly listeners and up two place to #154 overall.

"Frozen" remix reign still solid: almost 70,6 M streams now for the main version; 5,4 M for the Fireboy DML Remix; 4,6 M for 070 Shake version and 1,1 M for "Frozen On Fire".

Not much movement for the "Finally Enough Love" tracks: 313.149 for "Into The Groove" and 224.630 for "Deeper And Deeper".

"Groove" is currently doing 4.000-5.000 a day and "Deeper" 9.000-10.000 a day. Stream!!

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Update time!

Rising again to 21.890.183 monthly listeners and up two place to #154 overall.

"Frozen" remix reign still solid: almost 70,6 M streams now for the main version; 5,4 M for the Fireboy DML Remix; 4,6 M for 070 Shake version and 1,1 M for "Frozen On Fire".

Not much movement for the "Finally Enough Love" tracks: 313.149 for "Into The Groove" and 224.630 for "Deeper And Deeper".

"Groove" is currently doing 4.000-5.000 a day and "Deeper" 9.000-10.000 a day. Stream!!

I'm streaming the 'Madonna Top Tracks' that they updated! 

There are some artists that have combined studio versions with live versions or even remixes that are very different, so of course Warner could combine the album versions with remastered versions from the greatest hits albums (The Immaculate Collection or Celebration). I'm sure they'll do it at some point, they did it with Papa Don't Preach for the 35th anniversary release.

40 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

Monthly Listeners :

Madonna 21.930.254 (+ 40.071) #153 overall

J.Lopez 21.921.127

Madge has surpassed again Jennifer and it’s now the 3rd pre-2000 female act with more listeners .

Who are the other two? Aretha and Shania?