Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

I'm not sure, do we count Shakira and Britney as 90's or '00s? They are both doing better than her but I'm not sure if they count as pre-'00s

Shakira and Britney are pre-00s definitely. Shakira's first big international Spanish album was released in 1995 and Britney came out in 1998 with "...Baby One More Time".

Kate Bush is considered 70s or 80s? She's #32 overall but we all know what's happening with "Stranger Things".

Anyway, Madonna's numbers are quite healthy finally. She was around 13 M only a year ago. Almost 21 M a year later is very good.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Shakira and Britney are pre-00s definitely. Shakira's first big international Spanish album was released in 1995 and Britney came out in 1998 with "...Baby One More Time".

Kate Bush is considered 70s or 80s? She's #32 overall but we all know what's happening with "Stranger Things".

If that's the case then the numbers don't add up.

I would argue Britney is a '00s artist, since she only had a couple of hits in the 90s and the vast majority of her material came out after 2000. Shakira also did not become world-famous until 2001. But that's just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

If that's the case then the numbers don't add up.

I would argue Britney is a '00s artist, since she only had a couple of hits in the 90s and the vast majority of her material came out after 2000. Shakira also did not become world-famous until 2001. But that's just my opinion.

Britney was selling million of singles and albums worldwide with her debut in 1999. She's definitely part of the late 90s teen pop explosion with the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Christina Aguilera, etc.

And I get Shakira didn't get into the anglo countries until 2001 with her English debut, but believe me, she was HUGE in Latin countries since 1996. Megastar huge. She had two blockbuster Spanish albums before that and was considered the Latin Alanis Morissette (then she became the Latin Britney hehe).

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Britney was selling million of singles and albums worldwide with her debut in 1999. She's definitely part of the late 90s teen pop explosion with the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Christina Aguilera, etc.

And I get Shakira didn't get into the anglo countries until 2001 with her English debut, but believe me, she was HUGE in Latin countries since 1996. Megastar huge. She had two blockbuster Spanish albums before that and was considered the Latin Alanis Morissette (then she became the Latin Britney hehe).

Yeah I get it, but is just one year (1999) enough to really be considered part of that decade? 🤔 

Anyway if we count both Britney and Shakira as pre-2000s then Madonna is at least 4th

6 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Yeah I get it, but is just one year (1999) enough to really be considered part of that decade? 🤔 

Anyway if we count both Britney and Shakira as pre-2000s then Madonna is at least 4th

When you sell 15 million albums in that year (1999) I guess that counts!! :smile: (She ended up selling 25 million of her debut worldwide).

Personally I think they are 90s, 00s and 10s artists (and 20s too in the case of Shakira and Britney with the reissue of "Glory" for instance), as Madonna is 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s... :cute: But of course their biggest decades in both Britney and Shakira are the 00s.

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

She currently has more than 22 millions

Yes! She's just passed 22 M again! Let's hope she can reach a new peak.

Now: 22.003.699 monthly listeners and up to #153 overall.

"Frozen" Sickick remix: 71,3 M streams now for the main version; 5,5 M for the Fireboy DML Remix; 4,7 M for 070 Shake version and almost 1,2 M now for "Frozen On Fire".

"Finally Enough Love" numbers: 324.070 for "Into The Groove" and 253.629 for "Deeper And Deeper".

We'll know about the new released "Ray Of Light" remix later today... it was released on a Friday (good) and with the help of Release Radar, the remix video and the press release, so it should have a decent debut, at least 40-50.000 streams - up until 100.000 if it goes great. Let's see...

Today's update!

Up again to 22.021.393 monthly listeners (gettin close to that new peak) but down to #154 overall.

"Ray Of Light" remix debuts with 27.779 streams on its first day, not that amazing but not terrible either.  Should easily get to 100.000 on its first whole week.

Working much better on YouTube: 97.110 plays already.

Today's update:

Now: up to 22.034.331 monthly listeners but down to #154 overall.

"Frozen" Sickick remix: 71,8 M streams now for the main version; 5,58 M for the Fireboy DML Remix; 4,79 M for 070 Shake version and almost 1,22 M now for "Frozen On Fire". Note: the main Sickick remix is still doing great but all the others are quite slow now.

"Finally Enough Love" numbers: 332.924 for "Into The Groove" and 271.138 for "Deeper And Deeper". "Ray Of Light" is 45.415 with 2 days. Growing!

577b496372631cc4f875a86801e6ff89d05ba0aa

On 6/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, baymad4her said:

Very interesting to see the streams for Finally Enough Love when they are available 

We'll know later today. :-)

For reference, these are the current numbers:

spotify.png.d4c391ea9ec2275e69d3ceaffe60a0d0.png

The ones with results are the songs already released on the platform and their figures so far with other releases*. Impressive how "GGW" Avicii is almost 15 M.

* "Express Yourself", "Frozen" and "Music" are already released too but for some reason Spotify hasn't matched them yet on this release, maybe they will eventually.

I don't understand this streaming malarkey:

Do you have to listen to the whole album for it to count as a stream? 

How long do you have to listen to a song for it to count?

What if you only play an individual song, does it count towards the album or as a single?

I always stream on Spotify and YouTube, but I have no clue how it works.