Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Avicii Heart is truly her lost big hit. Yes, it can be seen as basic, but not more than "Hung Up" is and the lyrics are very on point and pretty much perfect. I remember a radio station in Spain playing it when the demo leaked and it sounded like-a-hit on the radio. Quintessential Madonna, mature lyrics, a little ABBA touch (again) and Avicii's trademark sound then. It covered all bases.

Her coming back to the original acoustic version of the song for the album was Trolldonna as its peak. But again, the second version was basically a remix, right? so I guess she simply came back to the original.

It doesn't sound so different from the original to me. I honestly prefer the acoustic one 1000 times better and less dated tbh 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Yes that’s the one.  

I mean… the vibes of those Avicci sounds are still permeating the charts even now. It’s not exactly Ltd to that one year.

You mean like Girl Gone wild rehashed that Rihanna Only Girl In The World sound from two years earlier and indeed her own song Celebration from 2009?

You mean like 4 Minutes came out at least four years after that Timbaland sound had debuted?

You mean like Miles Away and Devil basically reheated a Justin Timberlake  song from 2003 five years earlier?

You mean like Hung Up echoed on that 2001 French house sound from 4 yrs earlier? 

You mean like GMAYL & Turn Up The Radio played off that Martin Solvieg Hello sound from two years earlier in 2010?

ok I’m being extra but my point is that mama is rarely the first at the table. The point is she does it through the Madonna lens and Avicci Heart is that bitch. 

image.gif.576dc1ea0cb4b9c93e0e882902bbdfc6.gif

Yes, I mean it just like that. She got criticised many times after 2008 for not keeping up with the times, we really didn't need that to happen AGAIN

Today's update:

Up again to 21.977.902 monthly listeners and #153 overall.

"Frozen" Sickick is almost 76M now (75,8M).

All "Finally Enough Love" songs are above 100.000 streams now except for "TIVING" (sorry I can't not use this name) - but it should be too by the end of this week.

"Into The Groove" will probably reach 500.000 tomorrow.

Well, time for a little update, right?

She's holding on, currently on 21.954.656 monthly listeners and #154 overall.

"Frozen" Sickick is now +77M streams.

"Finally Enough Love" is doing good! "Into The Groove" and "Deeper" passed 500.000 streams days ago. All the songs are now above 100.000 streams and growing.

And that's all for today. :smile:

On 7/6/2022 at 6:30 AM, Andreo said:

It doesn't sound so different from the original to me. I honestly prefer the acoustic one 1000 times better and less dated tbh 

Im hoping the eventual re issue of Rebel Heart will feature the official release of Avicii Heart. She had an anthem on her hands and fucked it all up.

7 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Im hoping the eventual re issue of Rebel Heart will feature the official release of Avicii Heart. She had an anthem on her hands and fucked it all up.

The released version is still very anthemic and felt so good live. She messed it up by not releasing it as a single.

I'm sure the Rebel heart re-issue will be packed with Demos, we have all downloaded them for free, so why not put them for sale and make us buy them? Lol we all know we will 

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Do streams count if your phone's muted?

I feel like I remember reading before that Spotify knows if the volume on the desktop app or website if off but not your computer’s volume. But with a phone, turning Spotify down is also turning your phone down. Id pop some ear buds in your phone and it play that way. 

• 3 weeks later...

As expected, big push for our little tonadillera from Detroit today on Spotify. Everyone ready?

xAF5KZ.gif

OK, let's go:

She's up to 21.881.040 monthly listeners (that's +150k from 2 days ago) and up to #157 overall, too.

Amazing figures for the two "new" songs:

"MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!" - 322.774 streams in two days

"BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)" - AMAZING debut day with 350.840 streams - to be fair it's 1,5 days, it was released in between days but not counted until today.

Stay tuned cause the next few days look promising. :Madonna025:

2 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I have a question about Spotify, in case anyone knows. If she is featured as a primary artist on the Break My Soul remix, all the listeners from that particular song, count as monthly listeners to Madonna? :thinker: Considering the increase she had in the last update, I guess they count, but I'm not sure.

They count, yes!

On 8/8/2022 at 7:41 PM, Ch3rish said:

I like to know if Vogue is starting to see an increase in streams with the latest Beyonce collaboration?  Maybe we should keep an eye out on that song?

I read that the 12“ Version of "Vogue" gained lots of streams after the release of the BMS remix…

12 minutes ago, Scor-pi-o said:

I read that the 12“ Version of "Vogue" gained lots of streams after the release of the BMS remix…

Sorry to say you heard it wrong... Not even the regular version of "Vogue" has gained that much, still #9 on her Spotify Top 10 (but it was already on that position before the remix) and barely has made 500.000 streams since the release, but that's its usual figures anyway (it makes around 100.000 streams a day).

Madonna's own "Vogue" is not benefiting that much (if anything at all), at least not yet.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Sorry to say you heard it wrong... Not even the regular version of "Vogue" has gained that much, still #9 on her Spotify Top 10 (but it was already on that position before the remix) and barely has made 500.000 streams since the release, but that's its usual figures anyway (it makes around 100.000 streams a day).

Madonna's own "Vogue" is not benefiting that much (if anything at all), at least not yet.

I‘m not specialized in Spotify numbers, but there was a detailed post on twitter the other day that at least the 12“ Version gained way more streams in the last days in comparison to its usual figures.