Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

7 minutes ago, Scor-pi-o said:

I‘m not specialized in Spotify numbers, but there was a detailed post on twitter the other day that at least the 12“ Version gained way more streams in the last days in comparison to its usual figures. 

It was this one? I can't find any other about it.

It's true the 12'' Version has passed 1M streams on Spotify but that's not thanks to BMS, it was already doing good. (Good for a remix, the main version has 164M streams).

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

It was this one? I can't find any other about it.

It's true the 12'' Version has passed 1M streams on Spotify but that's not thanks to BMS, it was already doing good. (Good for a remix, the main version has 164M streams).

No, as I said earlier, it was a more detailed one concerning the development of the 12“ Version during the last days in comparison to its usual streams. It didn‘t say anything about Vogue‘s main version.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

... Not even the regular version of "Vogue" has gained that much, still #9 on her Spotify Top 10 (but it was already on that position before the remix) and barely has made 500.000 streams since the release, but that's its usual figures anyway (it makes around 100.000 streams a day).

Madonna's own "Vogue" is not benefiting that much (if anything at all), at least not yet.

Thanks for confirming this.   I've come to the conclusion that you're quite the expert on streaming, at least for Spotify.  So I ask you, don't you find it kinda peculiar Vogue hasn't seen an increase of streams and sales since Beyonce' remix was released?   I mean; we are talking about two massive artists here.  The remix seems to have gotten global attention, more than any of the other remixes she's released to the song.  It's weird how Vogue is not getting more attention, especially since the The Queens Remix is popular because it samples Vogue heavily.  If the remix has really gotten popular beyond Madonna's fan base, shouldn't Vogue started trending and streaming more? 

35 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Thanks for confirming this.   I've come to the conclusion that you're quite the expert on streaming, at least for Spotify.  So I ask you, don't you find it kinda peculiar Vogue hasn't seen an increase of streams and sales since Beyonce' remix was released?   I mean; we are talking about two massive artists here.  The remix seems to have gotten global attention, more than any of the other remixes she's released to the song.  It's weird how Vogue is not getting more attention, especially since the The Queens Remix is popular because it samples Vogue heavily.  If the remix has really gotten popular beyond Madonna's fan base, shouldn't Vogue started trending and streaming more? 

I'm no expert at all hehehe. I just like to keep an eye on how she's doing there.

As @deathproofsaid in the BMS thread, I don't think the remix has had any big impact yet beyond Beyoncé's and Madonna's hardcore fan bases (aren't they the same, anyway? I guess a good number of Madonna's fans are Beyoncé fans too) and the usual story on music websites and tabloids cause of course they're f*****g Madonna and Beyoncé together.

Of course maybe this could change with time - or maybe the song is used on some big series or movie after this etc. etc. You never know.

The remix should pass 1M on Spotify today, which is quite good and miles better from how the other "Break My Soul" remixes are performing (150.000 streams so far for the most listened to one, the Honey Dijon remix, by the way). But not good enough to do anything on its own - though it will add to the main version on the US charts at least.

If you check Madonna Charts on Twitter (quite useful), you'll see "Vogue" is usually doing lately 90-100.000 streams a day, even before the BSM remix release:

FY3jhj8WIAUcKtS?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FZh2iDHXkAEM1g-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FZmzzbOXoAAo5r1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The last one they reported was Saturday 6, and that saw a little increase to 104.000 that day, maybe it was the BSM effect.

Yesterday "Vogue" was at 164.500.958 streams. We'll see today how much it's grown. 

2 hours ago, Ch3rish said:

Thanks @Prayerfor the info and stats.  I guess I was hoping more of an impact on Vogue itself.   But it's nice to see it's been having a steady increase even before BSM. 

Im kinda praying if beyonce performs at mtv awards it will be the vogue remix and madonna will make a appearance ! Fingers crossed as this will push the original vogue 

Today's Spotify update:

Up to 22.022.276 monthly listeners and #155 overall.

Latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 558.442 streams

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 1.016.868

Confirmed: no effect at all of BSM on "Vogue"... it's even going down! 88.882 streams yesterday.

Other updates:

- Frozen Sickick is now +83M

- Finally Enough Love: both "Into The Groove" and "Deeper" are about to hit 700.000 streams each of them.

17 minutes ago, Madge said:

Im kinda praying if beyonce performs at mtv awards it will be the vogue remix and madonna will make a appearance ! Fingers crossed as this will push the original vogue 

This is what probably many of us are wishing for and something that would have happened definitely in the past. Hopefully M & B will surprise us!

I'm no expert at all hehehe. I just like to keep an eye on how she's doing there.

As @deathproofsaid in the BMS thread, I don't think the remix has had any big impact yet beyond Beyoncé's and Madonna's hardcore fan bases (aren't they the same, anyway? I guess a good number of Madonna's fans are Beyoncé fans too) and the usual story on music websites and tabloids cause of course they're f*****g Madonna and Beyoncé together.

Of course maybe this could change with time - or maybe the song is used on some big series or movie after this etc. etc. You never know.

The remix should pass 1M on Spotify today, which is quite good and miles better from how the other "Break My Soul" remixes are performing (150.000 streams so far for the most listened to one, the Honey Dijon remix, by the way). But not good enough to do anything on its own - though it will add to the main version on the US charts at least.

If you check Madonna Charts on Twitter (quite useful), you'll see "Vogue" is usually doing lately 90-100.000 streams a day, even before the BSM remix release:

FY3jhj8WIAUcKtS?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FZh2iDHXkAEM1g-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FZmzzbOXoAAo5r1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The last one they reported was Saturday 6, and that saw a little increase to 104.000 that day, maybe it was the BSM effect.

Yesterday "Vogue" was at 164.500.958 streams. We'll see today how much it's grown. 

I hate the fact that it’s the immaculate collection/celebration  of Vogue that is streamed the most when the album version and the single mix are the best 

Today:

Up again to 22.050.093 monthly listeners and #154 overall.

Latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 622.633 streams

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 1.179.749

The BSM effect is now beginning to stop, it was making great 300.000 streams a day numbers but now is fallen to 150.000 a day (still good though).

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Today:

Up again to 22.050.093 monthly listeners and #154 overall.

Latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 622.633 streams

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 1.179.749

The BSM effect is now beginning to stop, it was making great 300.000 streams a day numbers but now is fallen to 150.000 a day (still good though).

So it's safe to say, the fan bases of both artists are only interest in the Queens Remix. 

15 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

So it's safe to say, the fan bases of both artists are only interest in the Queens Remix. 

Definitely. Again, Beyoncé's team has done next to nothing to make it a wider release. This would have had at least 3 or 4 times the numbers it has now with a traditional midnight Friday release and the support of Release Radar and even New Music Friday.

Still, it's a great result.

15 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

It just wasn't playlisted enough, it's really not about the fan bases...  it's mainly the label's decision and how much they want to spend on promoting it.  If anything, there's room to grow at least.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

It just wasn't playlisted enough, it's really not about the fan bases...  it's mainly the label's decision and how much they want to spend on promoting it.  If anything, there's room to grow at least.

I agree somewhat in what you are saying here.  As @Prayer stated, it's just not been pushed for a wider release.  So you're right that haven't spent much time promoting it.  But my point still stands, that it's the fan bases who seem to have made up for much of its streams and sales so far.  And yeah, there is possibility for growth, but it needs a further push.  I still feel this was just an attempt to make sure the original goes to #1.  Fortunately, it went to #1 before the remix really made an impact on it, but it definitely will make for some good chart results for the original, this coming week. 

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Definitely. Again, Beyoncé's team has done next to nothing to make it a wider release. This would have had at least 3 or 4 times the numbers it has now with a traditional midnight Friday release and the support of Release Radar and even New Music Friday.

Still, it's a great result.

Has Beyonce's team even posted about it on any of her social media accounts? Meanwhile, Madonna peddled it for days and she didn't even record new vocals. It's more of a tribute than a collaboration.

4 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

Has Beyonce's team even posted about it on any of her social media accounts? Meanwhile, Madonna peddled it for days and she didn't even record new vocals. It's more of a tribute than a collaboration.

That’s why I felt Beyoncé was kinda “using” Madonna with this, a low key release to help her own single but not big enough to chart on its own and steal her spotlight, with Madonna being who she is, promoting the hell out of it on Instagram, while Beyoncé not doing anything at all.

But as you said, we don’t know if it still will grow, or it will be part of Beyoncé’s tour, etc.

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

That’s why I felt Beyoncé was kinda “using” Madonna with this, a low key release to help her own single but not big enough to chart on its own and steal her spotlight, with Madonna being who she is, promoting the hell out of it on Instagram, while Beyoncé not doing anything at all.

But as you said, we don’t know if it still will grow, or it will be part of Beyoncé’s tour, etc.

Beyoncé has already done a lot by releasing the song... there is no need to push the remix if the original is doing so well already on its own... and how is she "using" Madonna if it barely had any effect outside the small fanbase? Not much "use" then, is there? The original already hit #1 without Madonna being "used".

Funny how Beyoncé is "using" Madonna for a remix, but Madonna is "helping" by featuring stars in her lead singles. :eyes:

26 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Beyoncé has already done a lot by releasing the song... there is no need to push the remix if the original is doing so well already on its own... and how is she "using" Madonna if it barely had any effect outside the small fanbase? Not much "use" then, is there? The original already hit #1 without Madonna being "used".

Funny how Beyoncé is "using" Madonna for a remix, but Madonna is "helping" by featuring stars in her lead singles. :eyes:

“Using” in helping herself and her own song to hold on to the #1 spot for a second week, which solidifies BSM as a bona fide proper hit. If you can’t see through Beyoncé’s strategies you’re quite naive. She’s a smart marketing woman just the same Madonna was in her prime. This same week she also uploaded a teaser that features 38 seconds of visuals and then goes to black:

Why? Anything more than 30 seconds of a stream in the streaming world equals 1 stream for the charts counting, so it’s just another smart way to boost her numbers.

By the way, nobody said Madonna wasn’t “using” Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Maluma, etc. etc. It’s part of the game, no need to get defensive, they all do that. It’s not a bad thing. Let’s hope Madonna gets “used” many more times, but hopefully with her also getting some success in return too, not only the other artist. That would be perfect.

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

“Using” in helping herself and her own song to hold on to the #1 spot for a second week, which solidifies BSM as a bona fide proper hit. If you can’t see through Beyoncé’s strategies you’re quite naive. She’s a smart marketing woman just the same Madonna was in her prime. This same week she also uploaded a teaser that features 38 seconds of visuals and then goes to black:

Why? 30 seconds of a stream in the streaming world equals 1 stream, so another smart way to boost her numbers.

By the way, nobody said Madonna wasn’t “using” Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Maluma, etc. etc. It’s part of the game, no need to get defensive, they all do that. Let’s hope Madonna get “used” many more times, but her getting some success in return too, not only the other artist.

Right now considering madonna dont care for popularity “ were not here to be popular we are here to be free “ but instead is more interested in being provocative especially on social media we should all be happy any artists is using her work to put her name in lights in a positive way like break my soul remix  and be over the moon about beyonce calling madonna a genius because she may contradict her fans who bash madonna etc ! I dont even think the saucy track was planned to be released its just she and her team seen a positive reaction to it on instragram( not forums ) so they gave us what we asked for and i was one of them people who asked for it mainly because its nice to hear madonna without overkill autotune in a track :) i dont think fans should take it so seriously its just a fun track like bitch im madonna and the original material girl for all we know beyonce may return the favour and sing on a madonna track etc ! Its good business for madonna to work with other artists if they return the favour in the future and for all we know we may be getting a collection of her hits with other artists including beyonce , britney , katy perry and even ed sheeran ! I cant dislike a artist who speaks so fondly of my favourite so beyonce gets a massive thumbs up from me and i have read back this topic and some are mad she called madonna queen mother !madonna laughed her head off when katy perry called her mum on rebel heart tour ! I dont think madonna is obsessed with the queen of pop status as her fans are and i am one of them fans who will defend her queen of pop status forever but i do think if she didnt have the queen of pop status she would get half the hate she gets now .. she is clearly a target for other female artists fave 

I visted a page of a person on social media who was bashing madonna on her facebook page and he was a kim wilde fan ffs ! Kim fucking wilde 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Madge said:

Right now considering madonna dont care for popularity “ were not here to be popular we are here to be free “ but instead is more interested in being provocative especially on social media we should all be happy any artists is using her work to put her name in lights in a positive way like break my soul remix  and be over the moon about beyonce calling madonna a genius because she may contradict her fans who bash madonna etc ! I dont even think the saucy track was planned to be released its just she and her team seen a positive reaction to it on instragram( not forums ) so they gave us what we asked for and i was one of them people who asked for it mainly because its nice to hear madonna without overkill autotune in a track :) i dont think fans should take it so seriously its just a fun track like bitch im madonna and the original material girl ! 

But you can’t barely hear Madonna on the remix, autotune or not? 😅

I get what you’re saying, it’s a nice gesture bla bla and sure she loves Madonna bla bla but we can talk about how she benefits from it at the same time? The chart reason doesn’t cancel the admiration reason.

Any talk about Beyoncé gaining something from this and some of you get defensive, I just don’t get it. Like you were family or something.

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But you can’t barely hear Madonna on the remix, autotune or not? 😅

I get what you’re saying, it’s a nice gesture bla bla and sure she loves Madonna bla bla but we can talk about how she benefits from it at the same time? The chart reason doesn’t cancel the admiration reason.

Any talk about Beyoncé gaining something from this and some of you get defensive, I just don’t get it. Like you were family or something.

It doesn’t have to be a direct correlation. Like Vogue having a boost in streams.

Since Madonna is credited on the track, as people play it the algorithm will introduce her into their recommendations and this gives her extra exposure overall. 

I dont care and i wont care about her charting until she cares ! She jokes about her not charting on billboard backstage during a interview held after the madame x mtv Medellin performance! 
she just wants to get her music exposure on spotify and if its true she has sold 400 million records then who cares if she doesnt sell another record :) that is a amazing figure and something she should brag about more often just to piss off her critics and haters ! If she cared about charts she would never have made madame x she would have made another disco record :) 

“Using” in helping herself and her own song to hold on to the #1 spot for a second week, which solidifies BSM as a bona fide proper hit. If you can’t see through Beyoncé’s strategies you’re quite naive.

well of course everything is released to promote the new music and result in better sales, but if she wanted to "use" someone, it would have made more sense to "use" an artist who gets more attention from the general public, the interest in Madonna is not the strongest right now. I still think it's a genuine tribute to Madonna and the ballroom scene, and since the remix was so good, it was made available commercially.