Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

well of course everything is released to promote the new music and result in better sales, but if she wanted to "use" someone, it would have made more sense to "use" an artist who gets more attention from the general public, the interest in Madonna is not the strongest right now. I still think it's a genuine tribute to Madonna and the ballroom scene, and since the remix was so good, it was made available commercially.

To be fair i dont think madonna has done well with the general public from day one and it just got worse because she has aged and she refuses to age in a way they seem fit and normal and well she is really controversial still ! Beyonce chose vogue remix because its a bop and vogue is a timeless classic unlike the original break my soul that nobody will remember in a few years but her fans :)

1 hour ago, Madge said:

To be fair i dont think madonna has done well with the general public from day one

of course, the most successful female performer of all times has done terribly with the general public, and has only succeeded thanks to the hardcore REAL fans and brilliant songs such as Like Prayer and Material Gwurrrlllll. Beyonce, on the other hand, has done well thanks to using Madonna.

17 minutes ago, androiduser said:

of course, the most successful female performer of all times has done terribly with the general public, and has only succeeded thanks to the hardcore REAL fans and brilliant songs such as Like Prayer and Material Gwurrrlllll. Beyonce, on the other hand, has done well thanks to using Madonna.

Madonna did well due to the support of her massive fan base at that time! She has been way too controversial to appeal to the general public and took way too many risks as a artist ! Beyonce appeals more to the public than madonna because i dont think she is controversial as such like she dont go on a stage live on tv and tell a president to go suck a dick etc ! She doesnt bug the public as much as madonna does :) i think people will go out of the way to not listen to madonna because they dont like her as a person ! Beyonce song has done well due to the amazing sample used from a classic song and the amazing management she has and the record company ! In my opinion its not that great of a track but by god she has a amazing team and i actually thinks she pours her own money into her work , videos and promo and madonna sadly frowns upon this sadly !

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Madge said:

Beyonce appeals more to the public than madonna because i dont think she is controversial as such like she dont go on a stage live on tv and tell a president to go suck a dick etc ! She doesnt bug the public as much as madonna does :)

what you are forgetting is that a huge number of people are racist and won't support a black artist, something Madonna never had to deal with... everyone fights their battles that others didn't have to face.

13 minutes ago, androiduser said:

what you are forgetting is that a huge number of people are racist and won't support a black artist, something Madonna never had to deal with... everyone fights their battles that others didn't have to face.

This is a great point you made.  I think this is one reason Madonna has been very welcoming to use rap/hiphop/R&B artist and producers.  She's done that from day one!  It's strange to see fans object to her doing so.  I know a lot of her most popular songs have been dance oriented, but let's not forget even Erotica is very deep in R&B/Hip Hop/Rap.  Most fans love that album.  So it's weird for me to read/hear from some who have a problem with her working with current artists of the same genres.  Madonna is quite versatile.  She doesn't discriminate who she works with.  She's always leaned this direction most of her career.  Even Like A Prayer has R&B vibes.  It was the True Blue album that made her more about POP music, and some fans are stuck on that or the Ray of Light album, which is electronic/dance.  But even when she moved on to the MUSIC album, it wasn't the same genre as ROL.  When she moved on with Confessions, that was dance, but that was very different from what she's already done.

Edited by Ch3rish (see edit history)

Beyonce is black ? I would actually think that not a lot of people know she is black ! I dont think she has ever suffered from what you claim ever not in destiny child and certainly not now ! Madonna has black children and has always had black artists with her or around her i do not see your point here ! Lizzo is black and she completely ignored madonna when listing the royality of pop and on purpose might i add snubbing her because she does not like the idea of a black king and a white queen because she is a racist bitch so you can say that madonna suffers racism too or can only white people be racist ? Lets not forget about michael jackson he was black and he was like the biggest pop star ever ! Lets not try and act like beyonce paved the way for black artists ! She didnt !! I even think madonna being gay friendly did not help her image with the general public at the time !Madonna adopting black children .. all these life choices really damaged her popularity with the general public but who cares !She is and never will kiss up to the public just because she wants to be liked .. i think the public are still intrigued by her but would they buy her records prob not but what 63 year old controversial artists does have hits ? Kylie is loved by the public and she doesnt have hits anymore either 

9 hours ago, androiduser said:

well of course everything is released to promote the new music and result in better sales, but if she wanted to "use" someone, it would have made more sense to "use" an artist who gets more attention from the general public, the interest in Madonna is not the strongest right now. I still think it's a genuine tribute to Madonna and the ballroom scene, and since the remix was so good, it was made available commercially.

No other artist has "Vogue" and that was she was using for the remix, but anyway.

Back to the Spotify stats, cause that's what this thread is for. :Madonna009:

Yesterday's update:

22.062.778 monthly listeners and #156 overall.

Latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 685.648 streams

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 1.327.223

"Material Gworl" has slowed down a lot, we're not gonna have another "Frozen" remix moment with this one.

"Finally Enough Love" tracks:

"Groove" and "Deeper" should pass 700.000 streams tomorrow, while "Impressive" finally will pass 100.000 streams tomorrow too.

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

What did you think she was, albino?

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

I was being sarcastic ! She is not grace jones is she ! My point being she has never been given a hard time because of her colour infact i would say madonna has been given a hard time by the black community more than beyonce and because she is a white queen of pop 

Yesterday's update:

Up to 22.106.848 monthly listeners (I think this is a new peak for her, actually?) and #155 overall.

Latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 780.052 streams

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 1.636.304 (#8 on Madonna's Spotify current Top 10

"Frozen" Sickick is now +84M, while "Material Girl" +276M

"Finally Enough Love" tracks:

"Groove" and "Deeper" are now both +700.000 streams each of them and "Impressive" is finally +100.000 streams. Deluxe release this Friday finally! (Enough love)

So it doesn't really look like the new compilation is exactly doing the numbers over on streaming.

From what I can see the best one is doing about 12k a day (Like A Virgin) and the worst about 4k (Bitch Im Madonna).

Thought this would do a lot better. I suppose cumulatively the numbers are a boon but it's defo....slow. 

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

So it doesn't really look like the new compilation is exactly doing the numbers over on streaming.

From what I can see the best one is doing about 12k a day (Like A Virgin) and the worst about 4k (Bitch Im Madonna).

Thought this would do a lot better. I suppose cumulatively the numbers are a boon but it's defo....slow. 

Thursday night was a fun time to be a Madonna fan but it feels like the dust is settling already.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

The fact that they didn't link Material Girl and Like A Virgin with their identical album versions which are already in her top 10 is a bit of a f-up in my opinion. Would have been an easy way to bump streams and draw the kids into the full compilation...

The sudden need to try to make "Finally Enough Love" look like a flop? Why?

The Deluxe album is not doing great on Spotify so far, that's a fact. But take a look at yourselves: are you streaming it this week or are you playing your brand new CDs and vinyls? (Of course you can do whatever you want to do).

Also, this proves how the strategy of releasing the Standard edition on streaming first in June not only was a good idea: it was necessary. It's the only way a big part of the old school fan base stream her stuff.

That said, it's a 50-track compilation. Give it time. I'm sure it will get healthy numbers soon.

Apart from that, the album is doing good in sales (which means more profit than streaming for Warner and her). She's still Top 5 on iTunes in the US and the UK, plus #1 in France and #6 in Germany (key markets). She's remained on the #1 spot on iTunes Spain with the Deluxe edition (a 30 € priced album, let's not forget that) since Friday. The 6LP box set was a success, selling out 6.000 copies in a flash. And she's #2 in the midweeks in the UK, even if she's not #1 this Friday, it's a success too.

If you don't like her streaming numbers... well, go to Spotify and play the album then. It will help her.