Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

If people really think it's no successful / expect a 50 tracks album of remixes to smash and chart as if it's a studio album I'm gonna leave this universe in search of a smarter one fr. It's huge already if it's gonna chart in the top10 UK. Also, the "more tracks = more streams" thing only makes sense with small albums, nobody would be patient enough to look up in a whole fucking catalog of songs in a remix compilation LOL

Today's update:

22.222.842 monthly listeners (new peak!) and #155 overall.

"Finally Enough Love" is getting better. "Into The Groove" and "Deeper" are now +800.000 streams each.

Standard:

fel_08_23.png.e2fc178ce854fe19f3373d0423102448.png

Deluxe:

feldeluxe1.png.f1c52307306ff5380f98f217e50f78f2.pngfeldeluxe2.png.be18ea236486ef03a4c18a9091e94c3c.pngfeldeluxe3.png.79b63257568d93976692305b181ecb0f.pngfeldeluxe4.png.fa55fb219e9c286f3c58f2b4a65ad28c.png

Keep streaming! :Madonna057:

Other latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 1.014.017 streams -> +1M today!

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 2.716.512

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Today's update:

22.222.842 monthly listeners (new peak!) and #155 overall.

"Finally Enough Love" is getting better. "Into The Groove" and "Deeper" are now +800.000 streams each.

Standard:

fel_08_23.png.e2fc178ce854fe19f3373d0423102448.png

Deluxe:

feldeluxe1.png.f1c52307306ff5380f98f217e50f78f2.pngfeldeluxe2.png.be18ea236486ef03a4c18a9091e94c3c.pngfeldeluxe3.png.79b63257568d93976692305b181ecb0f.pngfeldeluxe4.png.fa55fb219e9c286f3c58f2b4a65ad28c.png

Keep streaming! :Madonna057:

Other latest releases:

- "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!": 1.014.017 streams -> +1M today!

- "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)": 2.716.512

How many songs on a 50 track album must be listened to to count towards 1 listen? 

20 minutes ago, TOpher said:

How many songs on a 50 track album must be listened to to count towards 1 listen? 

Depends on the country. Each country has their own rules for counting streaming and YouTube views for the national charts. The important measure here is called "album-equivalent unit", meaning how many streams, views on YouTube etc. are equal to an album unit or what it would be an album sale.

Adding those to the regular album sales they have the total number for that week for each album. The physical and digital sales (sales, not streaming or views) are considered pure sales.

How album-equivalent units are calculated, examples:

USA - 1,250 premium audio streams, 3,750 ad-supported streams, or 3,750 video streams are equal to one album unit.

UK - Official Charts Company takes the 12 most-streamed tracks from an album, with the top two songs being given lesser weight so that the figure will reflect the popularity of the album as a whole rather than of one or two successful singles. The adjusted total is divided by 1000 and added to the album sales figure.

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album-equivalent_unit

55 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Depends on the country. Each country has their own rules for counting streaming and YouTube views for the national charts. The important measure here is called "album-equivalent unit", meaning how many streams, views on YouTube etc. are equal to an album unit or what it would be an album sale.

Adding those to the regular album sales they have the total number for that week for each album. The physical and digital sales (sales, not streaming or views) are considered pure sales.

How album-equivalent units are calculated, examples:

USA - 1,250 premium audio streams, 3,750 ad-supported streams, or 3,750 video streams are equal to one album unit.

UK - Official Charts Company takes the 12 most-streamed tracks from an album, with the top two songs being given lesser weight so that the figure will reflect the popularity of the album as a whole rather than of one or two successful singles. The adjusted total is divided by 1000 and added to the album sales figure.

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album-equivalent_unit

UK uses top 16 now, the wiki page is out of date. 

Considering the lack of promotion, I would say that Finally Enough Love has performed as well as could be expected. That being said, I still can only chuckle at the users in here acting like FEL or Frozen Remixes would amount to anything close to a comeback. A good portion of the fanbase is still stuck years in the past and I am still waiting for people to catch up and face the reality that the mainstream could care less about Madonna or her projects.  

8 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Considering the lack of promotion, I would say that Finally Enough Love has performed as well as could be expected. That being said, I still can only chuckle at the users in here acting like FEL or Frozen Remixes would amount to anything close to a comeback. A good portion of the fanbase is still stuck years in the past and I am still waiting for people to catch up and face the reality that the mainstream could care less about Madonna or her projects.  

FEL lack of promotion? I didn't see this promo for Celebration or Remixed and revisited. The promo for this compilation is huge, she did events, photoshoot, performances... It's like a proper era. 
Also it's doing well everywhere considering that there's not new material on it. 

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

The promo for this compilation is huge, she did events, photoshoot, performances... It's like a proper era. 

Idk man, this doesn't feel like that to me, the only remarkable promotional spot was a very vague interview and the Pride Performance for an elite audience of 5 NFT people lol, there's not even banners, billboards or online ads to promote it. 

She's done Jimmy Fallon and the Nile Rodgers event, plus the PAPER magazine photoshoot and interview. The Pride mini show can be considered as promo too, as the Standard edition was released on streaming around that time.

Oh, and the podcast thing with Stuart Price, that's coming today.

It's not a whole lot of promo but it is something. She could have done some Zoom interviews at least, as it was rumored or at least a big one with Zane Lowe for Apple Music. The Q&A thing would also be helpful this week if they cared to release it finally.

For "Celebration" she didn't do that much more to be honest... a "Rolling Stone" interview, David Letterman and a limited number of in set interviews (for the UK, Italy and Japan). It was actually less.

Warner/Rhino have done their part though for "FEL", promo in stores and digital ads. Generally you can say most of the target audience and music fans should know by now that Madonna has a new compilation out.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She's done Jimmy Fallon and the Nile Rodgers event, plus the PAPER magazine photoshoot and interview. The Pride mini show can be considered as promo too, as the Standard edition was released on streaming around that time.

Oh, and the podcast thing with Stuart Price, that's coming today.

It's not a whole lot of promo but it is something. She could have done some Zoom interviews at least, as it was rumored or at least a big one with Zane Lowe for Apple Music. The Q&A thing would also be helpful this week if they cared to release it finally.

For "Celebration" she didn't do that much more to be honest... a "Rolling Stone" interview, David Letterman and a limited number of in set interviews (for the UK, Italy and Japan). It was actually less.

Warner/Rhino have done their part though for "FEL", promo in stores and digital ads. Generally you can say most of the target audience and music fans should know by now that Madonna has a new compilation out.

Finally Enough Wisdom :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a little update.

Our lady is going down (on Tokischa too? hehe) a little bit.

Down to 21.458.094 monthly listeners and #168 overall. She was above 22M and around #155 a month ago.

Biggest tracks:

"Material Girl" - 284M

"Frozen" Sickick Remix - 90M

"Hung Up" - 269M

"Finally Enough Love":

Not impressive but healthy figures for a 50-track collection. Most of the tracks are now above 100.000 streams and the lowest ("Bitch I'm Madonna") is at 64K.

Two remixes have passed recently the 1M mark: "Deeper" and "Crave". "Into The Groove" and "Vogue" are about to do that too in the next following days. "Hung Up" is close too, with 935.000 streams now.

I think her streams will only get the kind of boost she's really looking for with a Greatest Hits tour, Biopic or West End Musical. 

Gen Z need something tangible and large in scale to land her properly in the laps of a new generation. That Elton / ABBA / Queen formula that I think a lot of us would probably balk at a little.