35. Living For Love: 34M

36. Give Me All Your Luvin': 32M

37. Jump: 31M

38. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 31M

39. Celebration: 31M

40. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 31M

11 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

I still can't find the official BTUTTB audio on YouTube. Where has it gone 🤷

I searched for it yesterday from my phone and only unofficial versions appeared. I had to enter to her channel to be able to listen to the official audio, they need to take down the fan uploads!

44 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I searched for it yesterday from my phone and only unofficial versions appeared. I had to enter to her channel to be able to listen to the official audio, they need to take down the fan uploads!

I agree. I read one of the comments saying that only unofficial versions show up as the first choice. Things like this really piss me off.

"Back That Up To The Beat (Demo Version)" is now +1M on Spotify:

back1M.png.1ed6d890e5915eda590e16e96ecf4abc.png

- New/recent big peaks:

:fire:  > "Frozen (Sickick Remix)": 112M

:fire:  > "Like A Prayer" ("Celebration" Version): 251M

:fire:  > "Like A Prayer" ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 82M

:fire:  > "Like A Virgin" ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 206M

:fire:  > "Frozen" ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 62M

- "Finally Enough Love":

"Secret" remix is now +600.000 streams.

Let's a do an All Time merged Spotify Top 40 to get an idea of what type of songs could be expect maybe on the greatest hits tour... :cute:

01. Material Girl: 353M

02. Like A Prayer: 333M

03. Hung Up: 292M

04. La Isla Bonita: 252M

05. Like A Virgin: 206M 

06. 4 Minutes: 206M

07. Vogue: 176M

08. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 112M

09. Papa Don't Preach: 97M

10. Crazy For You: 94M

11. Into The Groove: 90M

12. Bitch I'm Madonna: 86M

13. Holiday: 78M

14. Medellín: 66M

15. Music: 62M

16. Frozen (Original): 62M

17. Sorry: 45M

18.  American Pie: 44M

19. Take A Bow: 44M

20. Girl Gone Wild: 43M

21. Faz Gostoso: 42M

22. Live To Tell: 42M

23. Ray Of Light: 39M

24. Give It 2 Me: 37M

25. True Blue: 36M

26. The Power Of Good-Bye: 36M

27. Ghosttown: 34M

28. Die Another Day: 34M

29. Express Yourself: 34M

30. Living For Love: 34M

31. Give Me All Your Luvin': 32M

32. Jump: 31M

33. Celebration: 31M

34. Borderline: 31M

35. Who's That Girl: 25M

36. Open Your Heart: 25M

37. Don't Tell Me: 23M

38. Lucky Star: 23M

39. Beautiful Stranger: 21M

40. Get Together: 21M

I mean, she'd had material for two shows and there are even more hits left out.

Her power.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Back That Up To The Beat" enters Madonna's official Spotify Top 10 at #10:

madonnatop10.png.ae2a31903d6a78112508e778918bf085.png

I'm assuming the top ten songs here are measured based on getting the most streams on a daily basis currently and not necessarily most streamed of all time on Spotify?   Which is the reason BTUTTB is able to enter her top 10?

Just now, tscott said:

I'm assuming the top ten songs here are measured based on getting the most streams on a daily basis currently and not necessarily most streamed of all time on Spotify?   Which is the reason BTUTTB is ablel to enter the top 10?

Exactly, it's not an all time Top 10, it's a Top 10 based on the results of the last 28 days. If a song gains traction, like it's the case of "Back That Up" now, it start to go up on the Top 10.

Just now, Prayer said:

Exactly, it's not an all time Top 10, it's a Top 10 based on the results of the last 28 days. If a song gains traction, like it's the case of "Back That Up" now, it start to go up on the Top 10.

That's what I thought, even though many of those songs are her most streamed, but not necessarily in that order.  If I recall, Material Girl is still her #1 song streamed song on Spotify?

Just now, tscott said:

That's what I thought, even though many of those songs are her most streamed, but not necessarily in that order.  If I recall, Material Girl is still her #1 song streamed song on Spotify?

"Material Girl" is her all time #1, yes. But "Hung Up" is her #1 in the last 28 days so that's why it's on the top now.

1 minute ago, JustinTimes said:

I can't say I'm impressed with Madonna's streams, when you compare them to Whitney; even Cyndi Lauper is doing better on a couple of songs, if I remember correctly.

I'm sure @Prayercan confirm, but I think that's because their songs were officially available much longer than Madonna's. 

24 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm sure @Prayercan confirm, but I think that's because their songs were officially available much longer than Madonna's. 

I'm not sure it's that, I guess they were all available around the same time. It's all about playlisting and popularity. Songs are pitched by the labels for the big playlists. Also, we all know Madonna's public image in the last decade hasn't been the most loved one. Plus in the 10s, the decade when streaming exploded, she wasn't in Warner, so they didn't do much (nothing?) with her songs and we know how much Interscope ignore her with promo. She was on her own almost.

Cindy Lauper has three huge hits on Spotify: "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" (786M), "Time After Time" (544M) and "True Colors" (194M). But her fourth most streamed song is "only" 40M. That means she has those three mega hits to rely on, two of them with impressive figures, but that's it.

Whitney has VERY good streaming numbers, but again, it's good playlisting and her being popular as a figure, at least after her death. Plus she got a HUGE hit with Kygo and the remix of "Higher Love", then the biopic now, etc. etc. Her label, Estate or whoever who runs the show has done a good job in the last few years. But Whitney is dead, she doesn't decide anything obviously. Maybe she would have been against some of the decisions.

Sadly, Madonna only took seriously streaming after coming back to Warner in 2020-2021. Also, there are merging issues with some of her songs there, "Material Girl" would be 353M and "Like A Prayer" 333M if the right versions were combined. Not that that would change it dramatically but still it would be something. All she needs is a good public image again and maybe a big series or movie placement for one of the big songs to explode even bigger. A greatest hits tour, the movie if it happens in the end... all of that should help.

I always say it's a matter of time before she rides the next big wave, even if it's only a nostalgia one. The songs are there. They are classics, just like Whitney's and Cindy's super hits. They only need to make the younger audiences aware of them, cause they simply don't know about them. There are hints of the potential with the "Material Girl" and "Frozen" TikTok trends. Imagine with proper promo and push from the label, sync placement on big series, etc. etc.