Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

What’s the difference between the two Holiday songs? Could they be merged?

and as much as it pains me to say, let’s stream the fuck out of Bitch I’m Madonna and get it to 100 million!

Celebration has the original album version running at 6:08 and the digital version of the Debut album has an edit 3:51.  Not sure why the digital/streaming platforms replaced the debut album original version that runs at 6:08 for the edit?  But since they did, they are different versions, so they collect the data separately. 

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

What’s the difference between the two Holiday songs? Could they be merged?

and as much as it pains me to say, let’s stream the fuck out of Bitch I’m Madonna and get it to 100 million!

I believe one is the amazing Album Version and the other is the average Immaculate Collection remix.

2 hours ago, tscott said:

Celebration has the original album version running at 6:08 and the digital version of the Debut album has an edit 3:51.  Not sure why the digital/streaming platforms replaced the debut album original version that runs at 6:08 for the edit?  But since they did, they are different versions, so they collect the data separately. 

Ugh that sucks. I only have the celebration version on my playlists so had no idea what the other was. 

1 minute ago, TOpher said:

Ugh that sucks. I only have the celebration version on my playlists so had no idea what the other was. 

Yeah, the Celebration version is the original album version which you can find on the physical editions, but oddly the digital and streaming versions have replaced it with a shorter edit.  It annoys me because it's like they are re-writing history.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

It is amazing in 24 hours, like this case. I don't think any other of her new released songs in the Spotify era has ever entered that high. I don't remember exactly where "Medellín" or "Living For Love" debuted, though.

I know you are the Spotify expert, but what do you think about Youtube streams... they are around 2.5 million combined since it debuted?  I feel for The Weeknd, that seems a bit low for him, but then again they are only audio and visualizer videos. 

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

I know you are the Spotify expert, but what do you think about Youtube streams... they are around 2.5 million combined since it debuted?  I feel for The Weeknd, that seems a bit low for him, but then again they are only audio and visualizer videos. 

I'm no expert at all but thank you :heart: Honestly I have no idea about YouTube but I guess probably with an official video it would do better. Again, only with Spotify and Apple Music I don't think he needs it that much?

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Popular" up to 6.877.866 streams.

New big Madonna peaks too:

- "Material Girl": 344M

- "Hung Up": 327M

As happy as I am for the huge exposure she's getting from this, I would hate for "Popular" to be her #1 most streamed song, surpassing her own classic hits.

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Popular" up to 6.877.866 streams.

Is it even in people’s release radar playlists yet?… 🙄

In 2 days only, it’s already M’s 118th most streamed track, right above I Love New York and below Like A Prayer (TIC) version.