Jump to content

Madonna's Spotify Progress


Recommended Posts

On 6/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, Aiwa08 said:

That's not the problem and you know it. The problem is the young people (and no fans) not playing Madonna on streaming because they don't like (or don't know) her music, not the fans playing physical discs (vinyl or CDs).  

100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well time to see how our lady is doing.

She's down to 21.923.586 monthly listeners but holding on to #153 overall.

"Frozen" Sickick remix is now +75M!

And "Finally Enough Love" is doing good too. Most of the tracks are now above or close to 100.000 streams, except for "Tiving For Love" (why??).

spotify5.png.6f96d43f1972ea7e518c1fdd3c4f6a71.png

"Into The Groove" and "Deeper" close to 500.000 streams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well time to see how our lady is doing.

She's down to 21.923.586 monthly listeners but holding on to #153 overall.

"Frozen" Sickick remix is now +75M!

And "Finally Enough Love" is doing good too. Most of the tracks are now above or close to 100.000 streams, except for "Tiving For Love" (why??).

spotify5.png.6f96d43f1972ea7e518c1fdd3c4f6a71.png

"Into The Groove" and "Deeper" close to 500.000 streams.

Why's Girl Gone Wild got that many streams! It's an awful mix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well personally I’ve been “Tiving” for the Living for Love Promo Mix. When I was graduating high school in 2015, that song really was the song that was in my ear daily for months. Then the promo mixes she started using, I could not get enough. And now with vocal mix out, I I keep it in my playlists daily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Why's Girl Gone Wild got that many streams! It's an awful mix.

It's Avicii and he was HUUUGE when the remix was released. In fact they premiered it together live in 2012 on one of the biggest electronic music festivals back then:

Also, as @Fabioloussaid, it's been getting streams since 2012. Though "Finally Enough Love" has helped it passing 15M.

I understand why it's included on the collection (as a tribute to Avicii, etc.) but the best "GGW" remix remains this one:

Justin Cognito Remix!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's Avicii and he was HUUUGE when the remix was released. In fact they premiered it together live in 2012 on one of the biggest electronic music festivals back then:

Also, as @Fabioloussaid, it's been getting streams since 2012. Though "Finally Enough Love" has helped it passing 15M.

I understand why it's included on the collection (as a tribute to Avicii, etc.) but the best "GGW" remix remains this one:

Justin Cognito Remix!

I prefer the Offer Nissim Mix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah avicci just brings the streams in like Mad. Which makes her decision not to use Rebel Heart produced by Avicci as the lead single for The project the singular most dumb fucking move she’s ever made in her career. The song is the best thing she’s done in 15 years and would have been such a smash. I don’t think I’ll ever get over it tbh. I don’t mince words when I say it could have seen her entire career on a different position to the way it is now. A Hung Up moment for the teens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, deathproof said:

They should have had it included on the Stranger Things 3 soundtrack :/

It's still on numerous Stranger Things playlists. Hence the reason why Angel is boosting its streams. 😯

Btw I’m happy that she's having her best year ever on Spotify! Now, if Like a Prayer is used as the main song on ST5, then we'll know that her legacy is in good hands from now on: EVERYTHING on the series is pointing to the use of that song in the next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Yeah avicci just brings the streams in like Mad. Which makes her decision not to use Rebel Heart produced by Avicci as the lead single for The project the singular most dumb fucking move she’s ever made in her career. The song is the best thing she’s done in 15 years and would have been such a smash. I don’t think I’ll ever get over it tbh. I don’t mince words when I say it could have seen her entire career on a different position to the way it is now. A Hung Up moment for the teens. 

You mean the incredibly dated Rebel heart demo? The one that sounded 100% Avicii and 0% Madonna that was supposed to come out AFTER Avicii's peak and 2 years after he debuted that sound? Nah thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alvaroliam said:

It's still on numerous Stranger Things playlists. Hence the reason why Angel is boosting its streams. 😯

Btw I’m happy that she's having her best year ever on Spotify! Now, if Like a Prayer is used as the main song on ST5, then we'll know that her legacy is in good hands from now on: EVERYTHING on the series is pointing to the use of that song in the next season.

Is it? I haven’t watched the new series but that would be amazing to see it back on the charts like Running Up That Hill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Girl…

In fact, the levitations, falls from the sky, dreams/hallucinations, Vecna calling the names of the characters in their heads, Will being the main character on season 5 while dealing with his identity, and the season taking place in (potentially) 1989, are stuff that remind me of LAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

In fact, the levitations, falls from the sky, dreams/hallucinations, Vecna calling the names of the characters in their heads, Will being the main character on season 5 while dealing with his identity, and the season taking place in (potentially) 1989, are stuff that remind me of LAP.

I don't watch that series but this makes me think of LAP as well lol. Also her team will try harder every time to put her music in ads and movies so it's not so impossibile I guess? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

You mean the incredibly dated Rebel heart demo? The one that sounded 100% Avicii and 0% Madonna that was supposed to come out AFTER Avicii's peak and 2 years after he debuted that sound? Nah thanks

Yes that’s the one.  
 

I mean… the vibes of those Avicci sounds are still permeating the charts even now. It’s not exactly Ltd to that one year.

You mean like Girl Gone wild rehashed that Rihanna Only Girl In The World sound from two years earlier and indeed her own song Celebration from 2009?
 

You mean like 4 Minutes came out at least four years after that Timbaland sound had debuted?
 

You mean like Miles Away and Devil basically reheated a Justin Timberlake  song from 2003 five years earlier?
 

You mean like Hung Up echoed on that 2001 French house sound from 4 yrs earlier? 

You mean like GMAYL & Turn Up The Radio played off that Martin Solvieg Hello sound from two years earlier in 2010?

 

ok I’m being extra but my point is that mama is rarely the first at the table. The point is she does it through the Madonna lens and Avicci Heart is that bitch. 
 

image.gif.576dc1ea0cb4b9c93e0e882902bbdfc6.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Avicii Heart is truly her lost big hit. Yes, it can be seen as basic, but not more than "Hung Up" is and the lyrics are very on point and pretty much perfect. I remember a radio station in Spain playing it when the demo leaked and it sounded like-a-hit on the radio. Quintessential Madonna, mature lyrics, a little ABBA touch (again) and Avicii's trademark sound then. It covered all bases.

Her coming back to the original acoustic version of the song for the album was Trolldonna as its peak. But again, the second version was basically a remix, right? so I guess she simply came back to the original.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...