Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Let's update again her all time Spotify Top 40.

- Updated All Time Top 40 (Official, not merged):

01. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 317M

02. Hung Up: 302M

03. La Isla Bonita: 262M

04. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 258M

05. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 212M

06. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 212M

07. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 180M

08. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 119M

09. Papa Don't Preach: 100M

10. Crazy For You: 98M

11. Into The Groove: 93M

12. Bitch I'm Madonna: 87M

13. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 83M

14. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Reissue Edit Version): 81M

15. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 69M

16. Medellín: 66M

17. Music: 64M

18. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 63M

19. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 46M

20. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 45M

21 American Pie: 45M

22. Take A Bow: 45M

23. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 45M

24. Girl Gone Wild: 43M

25. Live To Tell: 43M

26. Faz Gostoso: 42M

27. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 40M

28. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 38M -> Up +1 spot

29. Give It 2 Me: 38M -> Down -1 spot

30. True Blue: 38M

31. The Power Of Good-Bye: 37M

32. Die Another Day: 35M

33. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 35M -> Up +1 spot

34. Ghosttown: 35M -> Down -1 spot

35. Living For Love: 34M

36. Give Me All Your Luvin': 33M

37. Jump: 32M

38. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 32M

39. Celebration: 31M

40. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 31M

5 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

I just noticed that the regular edition of True Blue has been added to Spotify (besides the 2001 reissue)... WHY?

I am not sure if the sound is different though...

Yeah, that's the question: why? Who knows. Maybe the "La Isla Bonita" digital single release this Friday has something to do with it, somehow.

The sound is not different: all three current digital editions of the album (regular, 2001 reissue and 35th edition) share the same remasters of the 2021 "35th" edition.

42 minutes ago, Prayer said:

+ New big peaks:

"Frozen" Sickick Remix: 120M

"Frozen" ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 64M

Just shows that M fans are old as fuck...

They need to realize they have to stream if they want her legacy to live on. Even those biggest daily streaming numbers ROL got yesterday are ridiculously low for such a masterpiece...

C'mon people, ditch your old CDs/mp3s and stream :tongue:

1 hour ago, f78k said:

They need to realize they have to stream if they want her legacy to live on. Even those biggest daily streaming numbers ROL got yesterday are ridiculously low for such a masterpiece...

Always said, they prefer streaming their colored vinyl instead of Spotify 

I don't understand tho? Like, I love listening to CDs and I wouldn't love my fave albums the same without a physical format, but how don't these fans listen to music on streaming? What do they do when going for a walk or to the gym, do they bring their fucking gramophone with them to listen to their vinyls? Hell nah :rip:

1 hour ago, f78k said:

It just shows that ROL (and all other M's 90s music btw) was -and is- poorly playlisted and poorly promoted

just 2 years ago ROL's playlist reach numbers stood like this:

Ray Of Light 1,852,676 (album version)

60,247 (GHV2 version)

321,845 (Celebration version)

total = 2,234,768 followers (total of ROL's playlist reach) , so all in all, not very good

at the time her top 3 songs had some 9M playlist reach each (all 80s songs) and HU had some 5M reach

it has grown since slowly but consistently , still the numbers could be much higher if the label decides to playlist more (like, a heck of a lot more)

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

I don't understand tho? Like, I love listening to CDs and I wouldn't love my fave albums the same without a physical format, but how don't these fans listen to music on streaming? What do they do when going for a walk or to the gym, do they bring their fucking gramophone with them to listen to their vinyls? Hell nah :rip:

Mp3 and granny WAV

2 hours ago, Ian said:

it has grown since slowly but consistently , still the numbers could be much higher if the label decides to playlist more (like, a heck of a lot more)

I agree, but playlisting does not only depend on labels, it’s also about the algorithms. The less people stream, the less exposure she will get from the algorithmic playlists (and those are quite important too). 

So, joke aside, it’s important to stream, because whether you like it or not, that’s how they measure popularity nowadays 🤷🏻‍♂️ (for better or worse)…

2 hours ago, f78k said:

I agree, but playlisting does not only depend on labels, it’s also about the algorithms. The less people stream, the less exposure she will get from the algorithmic playlists (and those are quite important too). 

So, joke aside, it’s important to stream, because whether you like it or not, that’s how they measure popularity nowadays 🤷🏻‍♂️ (for better or worse)…

Well put.  While I prefer to still own the music and artists I enjoy, streaming is quite convenient.  And like you said, it measures ones popularity in music these days.  We have to remember that many of us once were "new" fans coming up in eras of how music is being heard and played.  I still remember the opposition from many who had an issue with MTV being the new way to get artists heard and seen.  Even some radio artists complained back in the day how they didn't appreciate they had to make music videos to get their music out to the public.  Though, they knew if they didn't, they would be left in the dust.

Madonna has always evolved with what's around the corner.  Unfortunately, when streaming came along, her team didn't get on the band wagon so quickly, so a lot of her music is still being added.  But that's the case for a lot of older artists.