Does Madonna drink to much? even in the car.

hendrik297

(reports filtering from within her close circle are not very good about it but NDA's and it's been almost a decade now...around W.E. still according to reports from within her circle.Talking about it among us won't change anything, closing our eyes won't either but it's not just her having fun now)

I get that NDAs expire after a decade (in LA, right?) but can you clarify the rest please?

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

(reports filtering from within her close circle are not very good about it but NDA's and it's been almost a decade now...around W.E. still according to reports from within her circle.Talking about it among us won't change anything, closing our eyes won't either but it's not just her having fun now)

You have connections within Madonna's close circles? :eyes: or how do you get reports from them?... I have a really hard time imagining that any of us fans are close enough with Madonna to judge this. OMFG Madonna is drinking wine on her Instagram pictures is not enough to claim with conviction that she is an alcoholic.

21 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Good grief some of y'all are judgy (and probably trolling dddd). If I had a pre-drink of expensive rosé before I left the house and my lift showed up before I'd finished it, I'd take it with me as well! Leave the woman alone ffs. She busts her ass...

And you'd promptly get arrested if pulled over due to open container laws lol.

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Any NDA's I’ve signed for work have varied timeframes AND also sometimes had clauses that were conditional.

Generally NDA's are usually between 3–5 years, though there are exceptions for previously private information becoming public. Most are basically “forever”.

why is this the first we're hearing about NDA's though, are you just trying to stir the pot?

1 hour ago, HampusFL said:

You have connections within Madonna's close circles? :eyes: or how do you get reports from them?... I have a really hard time imagining that any of us fans are close enough with Madonna to judge this. OMFG Madonna is drinking wine on her Instagram pictures is not enough to claim with conviction that she is an alcoholic.

My job is not being a fan. We're all not just this, i hope so for us :)

I had the first reports about it after the last tour during the first covid quarantine and the source was told by people who were with her longer that it was not something new. And yes i have friends who are friends with people who've been on tour with her  (and my job puts me in contact with people who have worked or work with her still) and they are not saying "she's fucking drunk", they are very protective of her and they just say "she has issues" when people attack her behaviour. And they are very concerned about it and her. I've told this more than a year ago, privately to people on another forum because i did not know what to make of it and the source (s) are very reliable. I guess it was a mistake to talk about it publicly. But the situation is not just her having fun. Believe it or not. I wish i could say it's not true, believe me about this at least. Sinc ei've been told this i see her photos and videos where she's drinking very, very differently and it's stressful and sad.

9 hours ago, HampusFL said:

Yep, Madonna is an adult woman and she does not need fans to come with dramatic speculations about her life...Even if worst come to worse... it would not be something you could do anything about.... do you expect Madonna to follow the advice or concern of fans on a forum? if not, what is the reason for the most dramatic speculations based on a few Instagram posts etc?

Nobody is saying we are going to do anything about it, THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD! WE ARE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THINGS. The level of delusion and intolerance for genuine discussion I see here is absolutely insane sometimes. If you had it your way, I am sure that all of us would have a smile slapped on our faces constantly.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Nobody is saying we are going to do anything about it, THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD! WE ARE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THINGS. The level of delusion and intolerance for genuine discussion I see here is absolutely insane sometimes.

Who is preventing you from writing anything? posting is bound to be meet with counter posts... so you think it is better to say "The level of delusion and intolerance for genuine discussion I see here is absolutely insane sometimes." than questioning on what basis people are calming that Madonna is an alcoholic?? and what they will achieve with such a claim... I sure as hell do not agree.. but you are still allowed to post it... even if I consider it nonsense.

19 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

Who is preventing you from writing anything? posting is bound to be meet with counter posts... so you think it is better to say "The level of delusion and intolerance for genuine discussion I see here is absolutely insane sometimes." than questioning on what basis people are calming that Madonna is an alcoholic?? and what they will achieve with a such claim... I sure as hell do not agree.. but you are still allowed to post it... even if I consider it nonsense.

What makes you think Madonna is not one? the puffy face, weight gain, slurred speech, alcohol around her at all hours of the day to the point of drinking in her car on the way to eat dinner. If she is drinking that much when we see her 1% of the time on social media , just imagine how much she is drinking in the 99% of times we dont see her. Madonna's family has a long history of alcoholism. I think more people here know about her issues than they speak about because it will cause controversy.@Roland Barthesstarted getting wind of the things that people in her inner circle were concerned about. She is definitely drinking too much these days, I cant say for sure about drugs because I dont have enough evidence although her constant references to them is also troubling.

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

My job is not being a fan. We're all not just this, i hope so for us :)

I had the first reports about it after the last tour during the first covid quarantine and the source was told by people who were with her longer that it was not something new. And yes i have friends who are friends with people who've been on tour with her  (and my job puts me in contact with people who have worked or work with her still) and they are not saying "she's fucking drunk", they are very protective of her and they just say "she has issues" when people attack her behaviour. And they are very concerned about it and her. I've told this more than a year ago, privately to people on another forum because i did not know what to make of it and the source (s) are very reliable. I guess it was a mistake to talk about it publicly. But the situation is not just her having fun. Believe it or not. I wish i could say it's not true, believe me about this at least. Sinc ei've been told this i see her photos and videos where she's drinking very, very differently and it's stressful and sad.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

What makes you think Madonna is not one? the puffy face, slurred speech, alcohol around her at all hours of the day to the point of drinking in her car on the way to eat dinner. I think more people here know about her issues than they speak about because it will cause controversy. Such as @Roland Barthesall the signs are there even if you don't want to believe it.

Ha ha, my point was that we do not have enough contact with Madonna to know anything about it.. and to make a statement that she is an alcoholic... which of course also mean that I do not know her well enough personally.. to think or know that she is not...

I would have absolutely no problem with Madonna being an alcoholic... or admitting it... if it was based on real knowledge and not internet talk and speculations based on Instagram posts etc.

That there are signs, does not mean that what we read from the signs is the truth... signs has been misread a million times before...

But again write whatever you want to write... and I will do the same... also if I feel like questioning what you write...

Rumours about M drinking too much have been around at least since 2016 and Tears of a clown, when she was rumoured to be performing drunk, which she denied. I did not believed it at that time at all, however we know that at that time she was not well psychologycally and since then she has been behaving strangely at times and very unlike the Madonna of before would have been. I don´t know for sure anything, maybe it a pose (I hope so) maybe not. All in all, I´m not feeling she is very happy lately and I´m worry about her too as I want the best for her. Maybe she was just no so strong to start with. She has had a carreer as a pop icon like very few, but I feel at some point she has become very very tired of everything and like losing the game.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:30 PM, Skyline Pigeon said:

It has been brought to my attention that there are other users concerned about this also but they dont say anything because of the hostile reaction here. All the signs of alcoholism are there, drinking day and night, slurred speech, weight gain and puffy face. She can do whatever she wants but that does not mean we can't have concerns, nobody is attacking her, we are just wondering because of blatantly obvious signs. Madonna is an adult woman, not some baby that everyone needs to defend to the point of delusion. I swear she could film herself shooting heroin and there would still be a majority of users defending it as no big deal. Only alcoholics drink in a car heading to a dinner where they are going to drink some more.

She’s an attention seeker. This is why she films herself drinking wine with a spoon, drinks in the car, pretends to smoke, poses with the boyfriends weed, wears a crown that says fuck you and tries to squeeze her wobbly bits into a rubber feckin inner tube.  Alkies are very secretive, Madonna probably has one glass a day and wants us to think she’s a booze hound.

Either way whatever. She’s had decades of clean living and punishing fitness regimes. She’s almost a pensioner now so if she wants to kick back and get wasted then that’s her business and her right. 
absolutely fabulous GIF

To me, it is obvious she has been very unhappy and out of touch for some time now, the bitchy behavior, sex toy boyfriends, living isolated with just a circle of useless handlers and the drinking are all results of unhappiness. I think the divorce damaged her more than people realize, she did not take it easily. What is more is that she is fully aware her career is in decline. In the past, even when there was shit going on in her personal life, she still had a massive career to keep her motivated and strong. I think its important to remember that behind the strong as iron persona, Madonna is still just a person like anyone else. At least her children seem to bring her genuine happiness. I think that another album or big tour would go a long way in getting her motivated again

On 3/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, Daxkoba said:

Either way whatever. She’s had decades of clean living and punishing fitness regimes. She’s almost a pensioner now so if she wants to kick back and get wasted then that’s her business and her right. 
absolutely fabulous GIF

I suppose its also her right to shoot heroin up her arm, does not mean I wont be concerned if I saw it. Did you watch those Instagram lives she did for the biopic? She was drinking like a fish both times and was clearly getting intoxicated by the end, slurring her words. She drinks too much plain and simple, she has been drinking too much for awhile now. Yes, it is her right to do whatever she wants in terms of the amount of alcohol she consumes even if makes her fat and lazy with a poisoned liver.

1 hour ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

To me, it is obvious she has been very unhappy and out of touch for some time now, the bitchy behavior, sex toy boyfriends, living isolated with just a circle of useless handlers and the drinking are all results of unhappiness. I think the divorce damaged her more than people realize, she did not take it easily. What is more is that she is fully aware her career is in decline. In the past, even when there was shit going on in her personal life, she still had a massive career to keep her motivated and strong. I think its important to remember that behind the strong as iron persona, Madonna is still just a person like anyone else. At least her children seem to bring her genuine happiness. I think that another album or big tour would go a long way in getting her motivated again

Divorce, not being at the top of the charts, mortality and hip surgery are all contributing factors, I'd presume.

6 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Not really, one of the hallmarks of addiction is hiding the behavior from others. Not sure how posting it on Instagram fits the bill...

Not always...and less in the IG era...

A fake profile shows the glamourization of alcohol problems... interesting read.

I do really think she has a problem.

https://www.google.es/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/06/shell-drink-to-that-fake-instagram-louise-delage-profile-highlights-alcoholism

But Xiberras told AdFreak it was disappointing that more of Delage’s followers had not picked up on her “serious alcohol problem”. He said he hoped that the campaign would serve as an “eye-opener” to help people struggling with addiction.

The medium might have been self-defeating – Instagram does not do awareness as well as it does fantasy. But one of the commenters on Delage’s final post wrote that he’d “got the message”.

He attributed the normalisation of alcohol to because of the “halo effect” of good-looking people – that whatever they did, especially on Instagram, seemed acceptable, if not desirable.

“Now,” he concluded, “please keep posting pics of her without alcohol.”

• Enrico locked this topic