Why does she hate Jellybean so much?

Starchild

6 hours ago, captainjay said:

I'd make the same face if someone asked me about an ex-boyfriend from almost 40 years ago.  

In a lot of ways, I think one mistake (and who am I to judge?) Madonna has made along the way is working closely with current boyfriends at the time. Writers, producers, remixers, models, actors, directors .. her work weaves through her relationships and that can be great for creating content. But for her, looking back on some of those projects .. must be difficult. Not necessarily sad or painful, but barfy. 

Cherish and JML are beautiful videos and songs - but does she want to see Tony Ward? Or the string of younger boyfriends in the 2010's until now .. dancers, etc .. or WIFLFAG video that Guy did? And how much influence did he have on her work? Did he make fun of her older work? I wonder.

"Oh look, there's that cool tour I did with that well hung knuckle head .. what was I thinking?" .. It must ruin it for her sometimes.

Even a song like True Blue. Had she never reconnected with Sean Penn around Rebel Heart Tour, would she have given us that performance? 

But she's okay with talking about Basquiat and they had a bad breakup nearly 40 years ago, although they were later on friendly terms. I know she had a bad breakup with Jellybean but until this appearance, I didn't know she felt this way about him. Maybe she was just joking but she didn't seem like it. Sean Penn probably out her through worse and she has forgiven him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna minimizes her relationship with Jellybean in the film. I noticed in the 2 years she has been writing the script she hasn't mentioned him. She doesn't seem to give him much credit. She gives Dan Gilroy credit for teaching her how to play the guitar. I even saw a picture of her occasional lover Ken Compton (from the Burning Up video) on her moodboard but not a single picture of Jellybean. 

Jellybean produced her first hit song. He knows she used him but he benefited from her success as well. If she truly is still resentful towards him I'm sure it's for a very personal reason. It'll be interesting to see how Madonna will portray her dynamics with DJs and producers early in her career in the film. Her ambition and talent is the reason for her successful long career, but she was known to sleep around to get her music played.

I don't really think anything she says on that Graham Norton interview should be taken seriously. Her attempts as bad humor just made her appear to be a jerk, she came across as arrogant even if it was not intentional. The amount of intimidation she felt around Ian is blatantly obvious even though I think some people exaggerate how bad this appearance was.

3 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

But she's okay with talking about Basquiat and they had a bad breakup nearly 40 years ago, although they were later on friendly terms. I know she had a bad breakup with Jellybean but until this appearance, I didn't know she felt this way about him. Maybe she was just joking but she didn't seem like it. Sean Penn probably out her through worse and she has forgiven him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna minimizes her relationship with Jellybean in the film. I noticed in the 2 years she has been writing the script she hasn't mentioned him. She doesn't seem to give him much credit. She gives Dan Gilroy credit for teaching her how to play the guitar. I even saw a picture of her occasional lover Ken Compton (from the Burning Up video) on her moodboard but not a single picture of Jellybean. 

Jellybean produced her first hit song. He knows she used him but he benefited from her success as well. If she truly is still resentful towards him I'm sure it's for a very personal reason. It'll be interesting to see how Madonna will portray her dynamics with DJs and producers early in her career in the film. Her ambition and talent is the reason for her successful long career, but she was known to sleep around to get her music played.

she didn't make up with basquiat who hated her guts just like Michael Jackson but there is street cred to be had by saying they were friends/lovers, same thing with ugly ass doll eyed Tupac.

23 minutes ago, mysweetaudrina said:

Seeing her talk about her past, she sounds so naive and not smart at all, it's like she has no insight. She sounds like another fan than actually having lived it. It's also so sad because she spent 17 years shitting on her past and now she wishes she was back then, it's so sad.

She has never shitted on her past.

Moved forward always, Yes!

All those early days hanging with artists would've been amazing. When has she ever shat on her past regarding this?

1 hour ago, mysweetaudrina said:

HADn't seen the interview in so long because graham is so execrable but she looked insanely beautiful. How much of a lowlife is Danny Boyle though? 

So now its everyone else's fault that Madonna's appearance on the show was less than great? She has only herself to blame for choosing an outfit she could hardly breathe in and getting all insecure around Ian McKellen for no reason when he was just trying to make conversation.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

So now its everyone else's fault that Madonna's appearance on the show was less than great? She has only herself to blame for choosing an outfit she could hardly breathe in and getting all insecure around Ian McKellen for no reason when he was just trying to make conversation.

her look and clothes were absolutely flawless, her face looked monumental and natural believe it or not. Ian McKellen is a pandering, babbling moron saying everything that he knows will become a gif to millennials, I hate that and apparently Madonna does too.