Madonna's 18 year long mea culpa for the SEX book

mysweetaudrina

55 minutes ago, androiduser said:

and now what? any and every gay BDSM image should be credited to her?

she should be credited in some form, she herself made a pathetic, whining statement during the ray of light days saying that she got the shit kicked out of her so advertising agencies could do what she did in the sex book, it's pathetic because she deserved all the beating she took and if she had smarts she would understand that, but the gist of it is true, brands and artists are too liberal getting away with what she was criticized for and should be c redited in some form.

so how exactly should Madonna be credited? The photoshoots should have a bright neon sticker saying "Madonna didn't do it first but she brought it to the mainstream and everyone should be eternally grateful!" and there should be a breaking news story each time someone releases a gay themed photo explaining how Madonna didn't do it first but she brought it to the mainstream and everyone should be eternally grateful..?

Maybe Madonna should be credited every time an actress releases a terrible movie. She sure was a champion in that department.

11 minutes ago, androiduser said:

so how exactly should Madonna be credited? The photoshoots should have a bright neon sticker saying "Madonna didn't do it first but she brought it to the mainstream and everyone should be eternally grateful!" and there should be a breaking news story each time someone releases a gay themed photo explaining how Madonna didn't do it first but she brought it to the mainstream and everyone should be eternally grateful..?

Maybe Madonna should be credited every time an actress releases a terrible movie. She sure was a champion in that department.

well for instance Gaga should have been ripped to shreds when she first appeared because of her plagiarisms and she wasn't. 

That era, along with Madame x is my least favourite: I don´t like the cold sound and the robotic voice, and the songs with too much talking: I just don´t like the music and the albums are tooo  long. I agree she tried to be succesful going further, it did not worked out as she had imagined and then she was in a way ashamed. The truth is she loves being on the top and popular.

18 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

That era, along with Madame x is my least favourite: I don´t like the cold sound and the robotic voice, and the songs with too much talking: I just don´t like the music and the albums are tooo  long. I agree she tried to be succesful going further, it did not worked out as she had imagined and then she was in a way ashamed. The truth is she loves being on the top and popular.

she was very ashamed and traumatized, which is not what she had made us believe she was. 

Listen to my playlist on the first page, it's how Erotica should have been, you'll like it.

7 hours ago, proxy said:

This forum need MODERATION right now, or just shut it down!! :Madonna051:

I don't know if "they" are genuine trolls or just idiots. Could be both though. But "they" keep on making shitty thread after shitty thread which, in the end, only shows that they have too much time on their hands. Sad.

6 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

I said Madonna brought it into the mainstream and that is an undeniable fact.

It was already all over the place back then because Steven Meisel, the actual person whom took the picture, was working for magazines and advertisment with the same aesthetic. 

And Camille Paglia is now the darling of the conservatives because she's anti feminists and, turns out ,all her body of work kind of reeks of male gaze.

2 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It was already all over the place back then because Steven Meisel, the actual person whom took the picture, was working for magazines and advertisment with the same aesthetic. 

And Camille Paglia is now the darling of the conservatives because she's anti feminists and, turns out ,all her body of work kind of reeks of male gaze.

male gaze is a crock of shit and no it wasn't.

15 minutes ago, Jet said:

The press and media since the start of her career!!! Every time she showed some flesh since like a virgin, blond ambition, justify my love, even the see through top she wore in the vogue video! It was quite common to hear how Madonna had slept her way to the top too especially through the 80’s.

I've been a fan for 20 years, not once did any media called her a slut. They called her a tramp, queen of sleaze, vulgar but it wasn't because she was a woman, it was her behavior who could be categorized as such. 

She has a tendency to go into fantasies in her head. 

another puzzling thing about her sex mea culpa is that she kept on relying and talking to the press. If the press' behavior was so awful she could have stopped giving them access. She doesn't walk the walk.

15 minutes ago, Jet said:

No they didn’t in the last 20 years, it all changed after ray of light and the Ritchie bloke because she started “behaving”. But the 80’s and early 90’s was a completely different story. You couldn’t talk to someone about Madonna without getting some harsh remark. Same with the press. It all started when the playboy pics surfaced and never really went away so in the end she was just like, here you go, have this.

i think it started before that, it was because of "Like A Virgin", because she was making dance music, because of the way she dressed, because of what she said like jesus wanting to be in her underwear or talking about her navel and showing it (which seems to have been outrageus back then)...but you're onto something here because in my opinion, the Sex Bookwas her response to the Playboy & Penthouse pics. There were these unflattering pics of her being naked (because they never were about being sexy but pics about the human body) when she was 20, making the rounds and her not making any money as well with them. the Sex book, with her well groomed and brushed pussy in stark contrast with the 79 pics, was her getting her narrative back and saying "you want naked pics of me ? There you go, on my terms and pay for it".

The sex book itself has never been an issue for me, I just hate the fact that it overshadowed the Erotica album to such a large degree and that whole period has come to be associated with a book at the expense of the brilliant music. Fans also need to stop acting like Madonna deliberately set out to make some grand statement and transform culture when SEX was released. The book has taken on some weird cult like status since then. The only interesting thing abut that whole period was just how much Madonna underestimated the backlash, she wanted to stir the pot but not to the point of damaging her career.

28 minutes ago, Jet said:

No they didn’t in the last 20 years, it all changed after ray of light and the Ritchie bloke because she started “behaving”. But the 80’s and early 90’s was a completely different story. You couldn’t talk to someone about Madonna without getting some harsh remark. Same with the press. It all started when the playboy pics surfaced and never really went away so in the end she was just like, here you go, have this.

that's not why she did it and again,  not once was the word slut or anything similar used in the media against her.

9 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

i think it started before that, it was because of "Like A Virgin", because she was making dance music, because of the way she dressed, because of what she said like jesus wanting to be in her underwear or talking about her navel and showing it (which seems to have been outrageus back then)...but you're onto something here because in my opinion, the Sex Bookwas her response to the Playboy & Penthouse pics. There were these unflattering pics of her being naked (because they never were about being sexy but pics about the human body) when she was 20, making the rounds and her not making any money as well with them. the Sex book, with her well groomed and brushed pussy in stark contrast with the 79 pics, was her getting her narrative back and saying "you want naked pics of me ? There you go, on my terms and pay for it".

lol

9 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

Tom of Finland is also like the lamest of the gay illustrators, that's what the wannabes do, they take something with a pinch of salt of edge and latch on to it because they think it makes them superior lol.

may I ask  your age? And can you explain how one takes something with a pinch of salt of edge and latches it onto something? What does that even mean?

15 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Just ignore mysweetaudrina, they are just trolling. First Confessions, now Sex. They like stirring the pot. Next they'll have a topic about how the new Frozen remixes are much better than the original. Drag Race Drama GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

i’m pretty certain @mysweetaudrina is the same person who has been trolling this forum for months now, creating a new account each time and playing a different persona before they mess up again and/or get banned.

9 hours ago, mysweetaudrina said:

Tom of Finland is also like the lamest of the gay illustrators, that's what the wannabes do, they take something with a pinch of salt of edge and latch on to it because they think it makes them superior lol.

Good one :lol:... you do know that Tom of Finland started drawing already during WW2, and for the time he was quite different and daring... the fact that a millions of others ... including Madonna has later copied his style does not make his work any less outstanding, iconic and meaningful... You seem like a rather young guy ... desperately trying to provoke!