Madonna's 18 year long mea culpa for the SEX book

mysweetaudrina

1 minute ago, mikenmark said:

I'm so pleased that you think that you are intellectually superior, because that's what average people believe about themselves.

I'm also thrilled to see that you've read and memorialised all the headlines about Madonna for the last 40 years.  Well done you

average people like yourself? i'm sure.

In entertainment value I must say this thread is pure gold. But apart from that I do find it quite offensive that it has been suggested twice that homosexuality is something the GP should not have to be witness of if they don't want to, that's pretty F'd up. I can forgive Tom of Finland ignorance but there is a line

1 hour ago, Pretender1978 said:

In entertainment value I must say this thread is pure gold. But apart from that I do find it quite offensive that it has been suggested twice that homosexuality is something the GP should not have to be witness of if they don't want to, that's pretty F'd up. I can forgive Tom of Finland ignorance but there is a line

Just remember that this is the same person that said "why are you asking for censorship? what threatens you so much?" 

3 hours ago, mikenmark said:

Just remember that this is the same person that said "why are you asking for censorship? what threatens you so much?" 

In all honesty, I believe he is best ignored, there is no use arguing with a troll or a narcissist, they fuel on any kind of attention or reaction (hence the reason I don't quote the post) But the whole train of thought is ridiculous and full of fallacies and yes, as fiction quite entertaining. I just want to put it out there that among the trolling and infantile reactions by theoriginal  poster there are some rather conservative comments that, at least to me, read as problematic.

2 hours ago, mikenmark said:

I believe it's honestly a case of  emotionally stunted attention seeking.

This is probably closer to the truth.  His name is spot on.  If you've ever read VC Andrews (so trashy, but definitely entertaining), Audrina's character is vapid and clueless too.  Either way, I'm done feeding trolls, lol. 

1 hour ago, momosfantasy said:

This is probably closer to the truth.  His name is spot on.  If you've ever read VC Andrews (so trashy, but definitely entertaining), Audrina's character is vapid and clueless too.  Either way, I'm done feeding trolls, lol. 

I've never been troll hunting before, it's actually quite fun

I *partly* agree with the OP.

Sex was inspired by the success of the Justify My Love video’s monetization, and external publishing offers to write erotic fiction thanks to Justify My Love, the song (which she did not songwrite, funnily enough!). It could also be judged as an opportunistic money-grab to ensure Maverick’s success as a new business venture.

Having said that, there is *nothing* she needs to apologize for. It’s a stunning piece of commercial art.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:33 AM, mysweetaudrina said:

The only clueless one in here is you. 

Camille Paglia is a genius that mediocre people mock because she is way above them. 

I did not say she had to be 40 to understand it. It's a novel for 18 year olds, she thinks she is very smart yet she is impressed by something like Memoirs of a Geisha, shows she isn't as smart as she thinks she is, her genius is definitely not intellectual, if she has it at all. 

Tom Of Finland and Mapplethorpe didn't originate anything.

Words, Waiting and Secret Garden are awful and the reason why Erotica is her least popular album, even today. It hasn't grown in stature at all with the years and it's because of the non- single tracks.

You are the one that lives under a rock. No headline ever called her a slut.

You are the one that lives under a rock. No headline ever called her a slut.

sorry, but you are tottaly wrong; madonna was called various names back then