MEGARATE: Evita era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely adore the Evita era - the movie, the music, her vocals and her performance. :heart: It was a such an exciting time for a relatively new fan such as myself - the papers were filled with reports on her, especially when it was revealed that she was pregnant. When I first heard the DCFMA Miami Mix on the radio was *the* moment I decided that I'd start collecting everything Madonna related. I had to have the song, and buying a CD single was like owning a miniscule piece of her. 

Voted!

I understand musical theater is not everyone's cup of tea but EVITA was an absolute triumph for Madonna, critically and commercially, and a true testament to her versatility as an artist. If you haven't seen the film yet, please do so. She proved all the naysayers wrong with her award-winning performance and I believe "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" was her biggest global hit since "Vogue" at the time.

9804d96a5e9d5426e2e0ecb850b86c5d.jpg

I loved her performance when the movie came out, always had a bit of a hard time listening to the soundtrack though. I remember when it came out and my bf at the time, who was a real musical lover, was quite impressed with her delivery, but I was kind of disapointed because she didnt sound like herself (I even had that problem with ROL a bit) In the end I grew to like it and a song like You must love me is really very beautiful, but the soundtrack as a whole is too much for me. I can't even remember if I ever listened to it in the 200's lol, so I'll let this one pass as it doesnt seem fair to rate these. I Want you is rated 8.0 though and Guilty By Assoiciation 8.5

Thanks to this soundtrack we were all surprised to see Madonna's vocal capacity and she showed us that when she wants she can make such beautiful songs where not only the sound surprises but also the voice (something that does not happen with most artists who cannot achieve both stuff). How I wish that Madonna had taken her career more seriously after this album and Ray of Light since after these albums she was no longer interested in continuing to train her voice and we were resigned to listening to that dull and flat voice that does not surprise or excite on albums like Hard Candy or Mdna where her voice sounds the same throughout the song and lacks those nuances that help enrich it.

Hopefully she surprises us with a new album where she reminds us of the missing voice she gave us with Evita and Ray of Light.

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Evita era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic