Madonna going viral on TikTok , here's a kiss for y all :*

9 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Oh please, stop cheating yourself. Nobody has a problem with a little surgery here and there. 
The only thing that she's pissing off is her body, strenght and heath. When you have to transform what you are into something completely different, and that don't make you happy because u still need to aply 400 GB of digital filters, is because something is not working well in your mind at all. 

Remember the face of Michael Jackson and how unhealthy he was? So that's Madonna now. 
So please fanbase, stop with the: she's having fun, she likes pissing people off, she's Madonna and the rest of bullshit. 

We all have opinions. I have mine, you have yours. But I find the way you are responding to me seriously offensive,. Have a bit more respect for fellow forum users. You are coming across as extremely unpleasant.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Edina Monsoon said:

We all have opinions. I have mine, you have yours. But I find the way you are responding to me seriously offensive,. Have a bit more respect for fellow forum users. You are coming across as extremely unpleasant.

Yep, you can continue with the 'she's having fun' chant. Ok. 

8 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

She's definitely not anymore.... Come back to earth....

She didn't had any radio success since early 2008. If she does a worldwide stadiums tour, it's not even sure shows would be sold out (for RHT in Paris, there was still some tickets selling for Bercy the very days). She has one of the best song catalog ever but it's slightly useless. OK, let's see what Warner re-issue will be like "soon"...

I saw pictures of the video I thought it was a fake. Then I understood it was not. She's choosing a very bad direction where she will just have a huge lack of interest and no success again. People prefers having someone fun with few shrinkles on the fucking face than an egg.

And there's nothing to compare with 1992 Sex era. At this time she was only blame because of her controversy and attitude. But nobody was saying that the record was a piece of shit and so on. Ok the movie was a piece of shit but Erotica album has always been among her best records ever. Music was excellent, tour was amazing....

Anyway. Madame X was an excellent album. Thank God. I just hope she can do as good as it again but the face, I cannot watch her anymore...

Lol in 2022 people still discussing radio airplay is ridiculous. 
And that has no bearing on her status in music industry as a legacy artist. 
Most artists have had huge up and downs in the past 10 years. 
Her popularity is picking up slowly in the digital era. After being mismanaged for the past 20 years.

As for Rebel Heart Tour, if it wasn’t selling how come they did a second leg?

45 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Yep, you can continue with the 'she's having fun' chant. Ok. 

@nito84bcn if another member like @Edina Monsoon says that your attitude sounds a little too aggressive, why can't you simply answer "Sorry if I offended you, this was unintentional"?

We are clearly divided about the subject, and on a personal level I agree with you that Madonna is facing some problems and not having fun at all. But no one of us lives with her and knows the real truth, so please don't treat those who has a different opinion like they are fools. I wish they are right.

I should also be clear that those who are highly critical are worried fans, not haters.

33 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Tell it louder for the people on the back please! Last thing I expected to see is people here meaning she has not the same status as before just for this, the clownery in this forum sometimes... 

I dont think anyone is talking about her long term legacy, just current behavior and relevance.

22 minutes ago, Blondie said:

True, but it's hurting her image....making a laughing stock of herself projecting these images to the public ain't gonna put her in a 'good' light.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not defending what she's currently projecting, but I've been hearing this same argument since the early 80's when it really was controversial that she rolled on the floor in a wedding dress. 

14 minutes ago, Aladdin Sane said:

I dont think anyone is talking about her long term legacy, just current behavior and relevance.

I was referring to a specific user's comment, who implied that "she's not the queen anymore" using the charts and this other topic as the example, kinda invalidating her status overall, not talking in general oc 

38 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not defending what she's currently projecting, but I've been hearing this same argument since the early 80's when it really was controversial that she rolled on the floor in a wedding dress. 

however, at that time controversy was linked to brilliant performances, brilliant videos and her artistry in general. Nowadays, it's linked to social media outbursts, there is nothing artistic happening.

It’s sad to see her public persona and career in this state and even sadder to see the fanbase in an even worse state. The gaslighting of blind worshippers is a bit toxic sometimes.

My main hope is that she is happy and stable and that the drinking and prescription drugs that are constantly being rumoured and speculated about is a huge exaggeration.

OK since we're all getting serious I am, too.

I honestly don't think she's got any drugs or alcohol issue as just see all those stories and posts as her usual "show off/getting attention" behaviors. But of course I know about the real person behind the image just as much as anybody else, here and outside: nothing.

Maybe I'm just a little blind and some of you are right with this, anyway time will tell, as always.

Of course I hope everything's OK with her and wish her all the best. :cute: I'd like her to be happy in her life so she can keep being creative, etc.

I remember on another forum a wise sage commenting that the highly retouched images of Madonna would lead to future issues. This was back when they first began appearing. Now they have transcended beyond a tweak or two but have become a complete reimagining of her appearance, a virtual Madonna where even the shape of her body, the contours of her face, the size of facial features and more are digitally altered.

The member commented that the longer this went on the more reluctant she would be to connect with her fans in the real world, gone would be the interviews, live appearances, candid snaps all hidden behind the veneer of this new, virtual Madonna. The V Magazine shoot clips were the apex of this, it was virtually CGI to my untrained eye.

I make no speculation as to her personal issues should any exist. I don’t know her, none of us do but I miss ‘her’. I don’t care what she looks like but as a lifelong fan I loathe to access her world in this complete fantasy image she presents to us. It’s not criticism, I love her and adore her I just miss the real her that’s all. This recent debacle had just proved what happens when she steps out from behind the fantasy and let’s us see her as she truly is. I wish they’d never gone down the route of heavily altering her images. She was, and us, beautiful to me just as she is. 

21 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

I'd be interested to know if anyone who is circulating the drink/drugs rumour (or really believes it) has any lived experience of alcoholism or opioid drug dependence.

No judgement. 

I was an opioid addict for several years after a serious injury and it was only after a nearly fatal overdose I decided to kick my habit. Luckily that was many many years ago and I have never relapsed since. Percocet is a highly addictive substance and anyone taking it should do so with extreme caution.

13 minutes ago, Aladdin Sane said:

I was an opioid addict for several years after a serious injury and it was only after a nearly fatal overdose I decided to kick my habit. Luckily that was many many years ago and I have never relapsed since. Percocet is a highly addictive substance and anyone taking it should do so with extreme caution.

Thanks for sharing your story, I was also an opioid addict for about 10 years. Always thought that nobody around me could tell.

36 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

I'd be interested to know if anyone who is circulating the drink/drugs rumour (or really believes it) has any lived experience of alcoholism or opioid drug dependence.

No judgement. 

Yes, alcohol, though I no longer have that issue. That's why I'm so adamant that there are certain hints in her posts and that something like gulping down a glass of wine while getting out of a car is *not* normal behavior. She's obviously not into hard liquor, but there's this weird celebration of wine in so many cultures where having a lot of it is "relaxing" and soon a bottle each evening is considered a nice way to cap a stressful workday. 

Alcoholism doesn't happen overnight. But eventually two glasses doesn't hit quick like it used to, so it becomes three...then you realize you can get through days with hangovers fairly well, so what the hell, why not do it regularly on work nights...and then it becomes boozy brunches every weekend because you've "earned it" and well, that''s what everyone else does to have fun on the weekends...if bottomless, even better...and then soon every social activity you're doing involves alcohol, and then you inevitably have your first big social embarrassment and start questioning your relationship with alcohol...and then you treat the stress and depression of that with more alcohol to numb it...and then you feel incredibly anxious every day because alcohol is a depressant that raises anxiety, so what do you do to combat the anxiety? drink....and it just gets worse and worse from there until you're at the bottom of a rut of self hatred. And if you're lucky, you're one of the ones who doesn't then turn to other substances to either "compensate" for not drinking or to further mask the feelings of self loathing.

Alcohol is no joke, and that's why I'm a little concerned to see it around her so regularly. It's not like other drugs that create immediate dependency. Alcoholism is a very slow, excruciating process, and once you're in it, it takes an incredible amount of strength to turn it around. 

Every single person on this planet is susceptible to alcoholism with enough exposure to it. Everyone.

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol in 2022 people still discussing radio airplay is ridiculous. 
And that has no bearing on her status in music industry as a legacy artist. 
Most artists have had huge up and downs in the past 10 years. 
Her popularity is picking up slowly in the digital era. After being mismanaged for the past 20 years.

As for Rebel Heart Tour, if it wasn’t selling how come they did a second leg?

If it's not radio airplay, let's just talk about success... A song you hear everywhere. When you are on supermarket, in a bar (by the way, radio airplay still have a role... at least in my small country called France).

Which second leg for RHT ? The Aussie concerts ? Where she hadn't been to since 1993 ?