Madonna’s wordplay

Starchild

I’ve always been impressed by her witty wordplay, and how she’s used it to help bolster her iconography over the decades and capture the public’s imagination

For instance, Blond Ambition (blind ambition), The Immaculate Collection (The Immaculate Conception), MDNA (MDMA). I’m sure there are other examples!

I suppose it’s easy to take this aspect of her arsenal for granted by now, but I appreciate her ability to package her projects so well through her talents as a wordsmith and marketer.

3 hours ago, Bermu said:

Not long ago I read that someone thought Like a Prayer was about a blowjob. You know... "I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there. In the midnight hour, I can feel your power...just like a prayer, you know I'll take you there".

:Madonna040:
Ugly 

Back in the 90s MTV did a documentary about her and the oral sex theme was mentioned then.

30 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Now that I think about it... 

Rain :Madonna034:

In fact, Holy Water could be a "more explicit" remake of Rain for this new generation of children fans in which everything has to be explicitly explained with f*ck-*ss-c*nt-c*m-d*ck words on the lyrics... :ay:

5 hours ago, Bermu said:

Not long ago I read that someone thought Like a Prayer was about a blowjob. You know... "I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there. In the midnight hour, I can feel your power...just like a prayer, you know I'll take you there".

:Madonna040:
Ugly 

The true act of communion is when beating blood meets beating blood.......

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Why's It So Hard I'm sure was titled to shock people as they read the back cover with the tracklisiting. 

Lol yeah, The Sun fell for this when it was released. "Her most shocking album yet with brazen songs such as Did You Do It? and Why's It So Hard" ?

I still can't believe "The Immaculate Collection". Its just so genius. I would love to know if she came up with that herself. 

GHV2 almost being "The Second Coming".

Reinvention almost being called The Whore of Babylon Tour. I would have died. So good.

And of course the wordplay that would have ended it all, Black Madonna.

I've always loved the Catholic wordplay.

If the autobiography ( that needs to be published before the biopic!!!) isn't titled "Revelation: M 8:16", I will boycott.

21 hours ago, Andreo said:

Now that I think about it... 

Bad Girl :Madonna034:

Rain :Madonna034:

Erotica :Madonna034:

Why is it so hard :Madonna034:

Deeper and Deeper :Madonna034::Madonna034::Madonna034:

This titles also have double meanings:

- Secret Garden

- Hard Candy

- Ring My Bell

- Liquid Love

- Love Hurts

- Let Down Your Guard (although this one is very explicit)

34 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

This titles also have double meanings:

- Secret Garden

- Hard Candy

- Ring My Bell

- Liquid Love

- Love Hurts

- Let Down Your Guard (although this one is very explicit)

I sometimes joke on hard candy being hard cock lol. Also funny how liquid love is supposedly scrapped by either ROL or music, her most spiritual era in life and then all of sudden CuM oN mE