Madonna performance for Ukraine benefit

wonderboy

Madonna will be part of a worldwide event for Ukraine April 9th. She will be among other celebrities who are participating. She will be performing a cover of Elton John's 'Your Song' (possibly duet with her son David)

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/stand-up-for-ukraine-explained-get-involved/

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 6.43.35 AM.png

• Enrico featured this topic
1 hour ago, wonderboy said:

Madonna will be part of a worldwide event for Ukraine April 8th. She will be among other celebrities who are participating. She will be performing a cover of Elton John's 'Your Song' (possibly duet with her son David)

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/stand-up-for-ukraine-explained-get-involved/

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 6.43.35 AM.png

Where did you get that information that M will perform and with Elton song? I don't see that in this article.

1 minute ago, FameForLove said:

Let's hope she's been practising

amused baby GIF

How naive one can be... :)

She didn't practice for Eurovision, don't think she is miraculously taking singing lessons for this little performance

I am more shocked she is not performing Frozen (Sickick Remix) feat. Kazaky, such missed opportunity to not release another version of this remix gem (ehm ehm sarcasm) 

14 minutes ago, Jet said:

It’s live on the European Commission YouTube channel tomorrow from 2pm

I bet that She will. something like this.

David sing your song : And you can tell everybody this is your song It may be quite simple, but now that it's done I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind That I put down in the words How wonderful life is while you're in the world

then Madonna sing tiktok frozen

Mmmmmm, if I could melt your heart (There will be no war)

Mmmmmm, we'd never be apart (we're family)

Mmmmmm, give yourself to me Mmmmmm, you hold the key (of peace~~)

lol

I hope she absolutely knocks it out of the park. There’s a lot of big voices taking part in this and we all know M doesn’t have a big voice but neither did Karen Carpenter and she had one of the most beautiful voices I’ve ever heard. I’m guessing it will stripped back and intimate, Mother and Son at the piano, if she sings it well (and we know she can) I think it could be quite touching. It’s my favourite song of Elton’s and I know she can do something special with it. 

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

Why can't she sing one of her own songs! Hey You would be perfect for this, Elton John doesn't need any more publicity, rancid old queen.

Because she’s doing it with David. He loves Elton’s song and knows how to play it on the piano. 
Madonna is clearly not the type of person who holds grudges and sits around calling people names like rancid old queen. 
No matter what you think of Elton as a person his 70s music was amazing and iconic. 

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna performing TOMORROW (April 9) for Ukraine benefit

As the artists will just send videos, I highly doubt she will sing more than one song. The project asks everyone to contribute with videos and messages, so I bet she's just sending a video from her house like the performances we have seen during lockdown. And I think she will only sing Your song with her children (mainly David who could also be playing).

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

As the artists will just send videos, I highly doubt she will sing more than one song. The project asks everyone to contribute with videos and messages, so I bet she's just sending a video from her house like the performances we have seen during lockdown. And I think she will only sing Your song with her children (mainly David who could also be playing).

If that’s the case and it’s not live she’ll have enough time to dub it and stick a TikTok filter on it ?

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna performance for Ukraine benefit
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic