Madonna performance for Ukraine benefit

wonderboy

This is giving me flashbacks of that performance from the height of the pandemic with Wonder Woman and all those celebrities signing "Imagine" from their mansions.... 

Will she kiss Zelenskyy? Rip up a photo of Putin? Flash her panties with a QR code to get one Frozen remix half off when you buy the other two?  The suspense is killing me.

It’s a charity performance for a good cause not the launch of her latest single or album. So if it’s not the best performance ever, it’s not that big a deal. 
Enjoy it for what it is and think about the people in Ukraine who lost everything. It’s the thought that counts. 

30 minutes ago, TOpher said:

I used to anticipate Madonna television performances but now they just give me anxiety. And please no little speech, I don’t want to find out how she would make the Ukraine war all about her.

Get ready for "Revolution of love", "Freedom fighters" and "Death to the patriarchy" slogans!

5 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I swear I'm not being a negative nancy but I'm having such a hard time picturing her slaying Your Song. 

Maybe she will do a medley with Masterpiece :laughing:

46 minutes ago, grupopuntabanda said:

Another Live Aid, but anyway it's her decision
And I tell them that I am not in favor of either country, I prefer to remain neutral.

It’s not about either country’s government. It’s about humans suffering which is mostly Ukrainians although some Russians are being thrown in jail for protesting. 
The concert supports refugees and organizations helping them resettle not either government. 

5 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Why can't she sing one of her own songs! Hey You would be perfect for this, Elton John doesn't need any more publicity, rancid old queen.

This is not about a stupid feud between Elton and Madonna that happened ages ago. Hey You is not that good of a song, if she is going to sing one of her songs then how about something on a higher level than children's karaoke?

But honestly, when was the last mainstream performance she really served? I think that would be the Super Bowl and it wasn't live.

Live... I would say Bitch I'm Madonna at Fallon, but before that it was Live Earth 2007. Unless I'm missing something. Met Gala 2019 was pretty good. 

8 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Why can't she sing one of her own songs! Hey You would be perfect for this, Elton John doesn't need any more publicity, rancid old queen.

Maybe that's the rule. The rule may be that all other singers should sing songs by another artists song other than their own. Perhaps the organizers made that rule out of fear of Madonna insist to singing Frozen tiktiok version if they allowed the artists to sing their own songs. who know. we'll find out very Soon.

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

But honestly, when was the last mainstream performance she really served? I think that would be the Super Bowl and it wasn't live.

Live... I would say Bitch I'm Madonna at Fallon, but before that it was Live Earth 2007. Unless I'm missing something. Met Gala 2019 was pretty good. 

You said that she "REALLY served".. in that case I also think that it's Super bowl. It was the last time she really served perfectly. And second best was Living for love 2015 grammy performance. It had Bad choreography and wardrobe malfunction but it was The Last performance we can see mega star figure Madonna. 

And Do not forget Met gala 2019 performance was not for TV. And I don't think that it was good. She looked like an inflated balloon and each moment she gasped out of breath. So I don't think that she really served that one. not even close.

Edited by MadameX (see edit history)

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna performance for Ukraine benefit
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic