Madonna performance for Ukraine benefit

wonderboy

The last true serve was "Vogue" and only "Vogue" from the Superbowl. The rest of that performance was....

I wish she had done the SB for literally any other album cycle. The setlist/ special guests would have been infinitely better. I feel the same about Eurovision and Pride. Loved her looks and all the illuminati comments on YT tickle me, but those are 2 events that should have been major for her.

The LOOK from the Prince tribute was a serve. The vocals were on vacation.

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

But honestly, when was the last mainstream performance she really served? I think that would be the Super Bowl and it wasn't live.

Live... I would say Bitch I'm Madonna at Fallon, but before that it was Live Earth 2007. Unless I'm missing something. Met Gala 2019 was pretty good. 

Rebel Heart era had so many amazing performances. The Brits had the fall but she was on point all the way. Ghosttown with Taylor Swift, Bitch I'm Madonna on Fallon as you mentioned, etc...

Madame X tour had a lot of moments she served quality. They just weren't tv performances. Seriously...who else at 61 is doing shows like that?

I really think you guys take her for granted sometimes. 

Yes she can be cringe sometimes now...but Madonna the perfectionist is still very much alive and when she wants, she still gives us her all.

That said, Live Earth was honestly the last taste of "the old madonna" to me, so i get what you mean. Her confidence started to go down after that performance for me as well. I noticed that even at the Superbowl. 

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

As the artists will just send videos, I highly doubt she will sing more than one song. The project asks everyone to contribute with videos and messages, so I bet she's just sending a video from her house like the performances we have seen during lockdown. And I think she will only sing Your song with her children (mainly David who could also be playing).

And that's what Madonna just did! ? 

Wow, ok, so: Nothing very impresive vocally, but, wow, she did sounded on key and clear and lovely, and the full thing is gorgeus, both singing in a low key settling, with nothing out of place. Kudos for them, I aprecciate Madonna can still sing beautifully and has still a very clear voice at 63. If only she would recover the passion of singing and doing music with that very pretty, even if small voice. And she looked quite well, so for me it´s a winner. Here I am open again for more stuff like that.

I think with small instrumentation or even a capella she always sings very nicely, it´s with the big band or big things, big places, it´s like she does not hear herself or I don´t know but she is somethings out of key. A shame cause she has a small but very beautiful voice and actually quite a good taste singing. When I hear the epitomise of great singng is Mariah Carey I cringe, oh my god.

About her last decade performing live, I agree the rebel heart era performances, vocally were very right. I agree just Eurovision was really bad. But the whole idea was very wrong for an event like that. And it was the most seen one, what a shame. On the other hand, she was telling us what we were going to live next, so here you have: Madonna the visionary!

Are people already having meltdowns that she says "The" Ukraine? It was a lovely performance and it's nice to see that she is still invested in the world. Her life is her life and she can have fun with it as much as she wants but it's also comforting to see that she is still compos mentes inbetween all the insta trolling and that the engaged Madonna and family of rebel heart tour is still very much alive. Thank You M

Whenever I see rich celebrities in their perfect luxury homes talking about the Ukraine it always feels inauthentic to me - is she going to donate any of her £800 million or invite a Ukraine family to stay in her New York mansion - this was a nice video though and they sound great together ?

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna performance for Ukraine benefit
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic