Honey Dijon remix of Vogue

schumakg86

The boys on the MLVC podcast have the author of “Madonna: Song by Song" on their latest episode, and he mentions he was at a club show recently and Honey Dijon played her personal remix of Vogue, and it's amazing. They play his rough recording of it at the end of the episode.

Shall we pray it makes it into the 50 remixes set coming #soon?

37 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Honey Dijon mixes are boring and generic, just like Tracy Young. Madonna can choose anyone, so why does she keep choosing these boring remixers is beyond me 

Probably the same reason she doesn’t work with great photographers anymore? She doesn’t want to spend much money on them? 

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

Honey Dijon mixes are boring and generic, just like Tracy Young. Madonna can choose anyone, so why does she keep choosing these boring remixers is beyond me 

Maybe she gets bad advice now  - I miss the times when she got the best remixers in the 90s and early 00s to remix her singles for the clubs  -  Sasha, Deep Dish, Masters At Work, Murk, David Morales, Danny Tenaglia, BT, Groove Armada, Sander Kleinerberg, Stuart Price, Axwell.  For the last 3 albums we have had scores of official remixes done that have not hit the mark  or even worth playing twice 

Listening to the clip, I'm wondering if that wasn't just Honey layering the Vogue acapella (plus some delay FX) over the Royal House track in real time. The vocal falls off beat a few times which leads me to believe she was doing this live. If this was a proper remix made in her studio I think she would have lined up the vocals and the beats better.