New Music Coming ‘SOON’

judas2015

55 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Guys check out her new insta story, she's in the studio with Sickick and it's another Frozen remix. Here are screen caps from what seems to be called "Frozen on fire" and you can see some lyrics like "I'm alright i'mpopping molly"

Screenshot_20220423-113553_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-113611_Instagram.jpg

Here we go. 3 out of 51 Frozen Remixes confirmed.

Taking a closer look on the lyrics, Sickick's lyrics on his full version of the remix is there. Look at the verse before the chorus.

"I just can't see what you want me to see
You got me drowning in the motions
I couldn't see what you want me to see
There's no fixing me, I'm frozen.
"

939496872_Screenshot(840).thumb.png.fd28e3bf38f99618dd44eb24d2f87f3a.png

This is going to be interesting.

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

Taking a closer look on the lyrics, Sickick's lyrics on his full version of the remix is there. Look at the verse before the chorus.

"

this going to flop like the others remixes

32 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why is she still milking this turd of a remix 🥺 it’s not even good imo - why can’t she revive rescue me or a falling Free remix -actual good songs that never had a video and should have 🥴

Because none of those songs would do anything for her career right now. 
She’s milking this cause it’s bringing her big streaming numbers on her overall catalogue.

Wether we like it or not we should look at this in the big picture. If this loop makes her more popular overall it will lead to more exciting releases from her back catalogue.

I think it’s already working since her RSD release seems to sell better than the previous ones.

In 2018 they released Ray Of Light that’s such a big essential and it didn’t really fly off the shelves. 

9 hours ago, Roy said:

"

From this, right?

7 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Whatever!  The remixes have yielded a lot of streaming so it has been successful.   Maybe, she is recording verses this time.  I am up for her not being a feature in her own song.  

what is the remixes have yielded a lot of streaming because Madonna is only featuring on the song and people actually prefer hearing less of her? :eyes: :laughing:

13 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Why is she still milking this turd of a remix 🥺 it’s not even good imo - why can’t she revive rescue me or a falling Free remix -actual good songs that never had a video and should have 🥴

12 hours ago, androiduser said:

what is the remixes have yielded a lot of streaming because Madonna is only featuring on the song and people actually prefer hearing less of her? :eyes: :laughing:

It's not how it works. TikTok, social and music platforms are developing a specific way of working songs and remixes, instead of promoting the same track over and over. Obvious example that comes to my mind is Lil Nas X's Old Town Road which counts at least 4 remixes released within 9 months after the first single version. Broke records, proved that a TikTok trend could become a world hit. 

Different versions of the same asset can also be used to do some A/B testing, an optimization method that is also in use in the entertainment business. Labels look into non-album singles and remixes to learn which trend or featuring artist matches best with the fanbase at a specific time.

She's not here to sell an interesting record but to engage as many users as she can. It'll serve her later.

She's doing a great job surfing this strategy, making this a very personal thing though she didn't bring new vocals so far and putting herself and her young collaborators at the same level. They bring new life to the song by their reinterpretation and platform, she brings them her showbiz persona and the original sample when she could have blocked the whole thing.

Interesting, it's also an indie project, none of these artists are signed to major companies. Wouldn't call it underground though, because of the virality, but it has something to do with M's first years, at least I hope she feels that way.

Like it or not, the "Mmmmh" gimmick on this trap beat is an earworm of 2022. When Frozen was recorded, social media wasn't even a sci-fi thing... Who would have thought?

After Madame X and before whatever major project, she is in between eras so this Frozen moment is a way to work her status and relevancy, an upgrade in her social media presence (albeit this funny/weird game on her looks and face... another matter, not for this thread). 

On the music business side, it turns out well. With an artist as popular as Madonna, I guess data scientists at TikTok, YouTube, Spotify and Warner are studying this crossover case closely.

13 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Because none of those songs would do anything for her career right now. 
She’s milking this cause it’s bringing her big streaming numbers on her overall catalogue.

Wether we like it or not we should look at this in the big picture. If this loop makes her more popular overall it will lead to more exciting releases from her back catalogue.

I think it’s already working since her RSD release seems to sell better than the previous ones.

In 2018 they released Ray Of Light that’s such a big essential and it didn’t really fly off the shelves. 

Are any of her old songs actually getting high streaming numbers? Or is it just this remix that people are listening to which would of cause bump up her listening numbers, because if people are only listening to this remix then I would call it a flop and utterly pointless as it shows people are not interested in her back catalogue, which to me is alienating her hardcore fan base even more.

4 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Are any of her old songs actually getting high streaming numbers? Or is it just this remix that people are listening to which would of cause bump up her listening numbers, because if people are only listening to this remix then I would call it a flop and utterly pointless as it shows people are not interested in her back catalogue, which to me is alienating her hardcore fan base even more.

Material Girl is also trending.

More people exposed to M songs means more algorithm recommendations. It's a feedback loop.