Express Yourself is about Jennifer Grey

PlasticLimbo

https://people.com/movies/jennifer-grey-reveals-madonna-said-express-yourself-was-inspired-by-greys-matthew-broderick-split/

"We did Bloodhounds of Broadway together," she says of the 1989 film. The pop star threw her a 29th birthday party. "She told me she wrote 'Express Yourself' about me breaking up with Matthew," Grey remembers of the first time she heard the song. "She played it for me in her car. I was in my log cabin with Johnny and she said, 'Come into my car.' And I got in her Mercedes where she had a really good sound system and she was like, 'Listen to this song I just did. It's about you'.

24 minutes ago, PlasticLimbo said:

https://people.com/movies/jennifer-grey-reveals-madonna-said-express-yourself-was-inspired-by-greys-matthew-broderick-split/

"We did Bloodhounds of Broadway together," she says of the 1989 film. The pop star threw her a 29th birthday party. "She told me she wrote 'Express Yourself' about me breaking up with Matthew," Grey remembers of the first time she heard the song. "She played it for me in her car. I was in my log cabin with Johnny and she said, 'Come into my car.' And I got in her Mercedes where she had a really good sound system and she was like, 'Listen to this song I just did. It's about you'.

Wow. That’s so sweet and it makes perfect sense. 

17 minutes ago, androiduser said:

unrelated to Express Yourself, but has Grey's nose job really ruined her career because she became unrecognizable? Or was her career in the pits anyway at that point?

I mean she was in 2 massive movies. So why would a career go away just from a few movie bombs? But if you do a before and after, she really does look like a different person. 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:09 AM, PlasticLimbo said:

😳😳  Whaaaaat ?!! 😳😳 she told me it was about me !!!!